1st Trimester

Head cold or allergies..

If being pregnant and a full time student isn't enough to have on my plate, I seem to keep getting sick. 2 days before my positive pregnancy test I came down with the flu :p that was awesome.. took tylenol for two days to manage the temps.. then got my positive and suffered through the rest of the symptoms until they all went away (I had a cough for like 3 weeks!). NOW 11 weeks, I have what I initially thought was allergies (Houston) but it's lasted three days, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, sneezing.. I'm miserable and just want it to go away!!! I'm too scared to take ANYTHING in the first tri (med wise) but I dont think theres much that would be approved anyway for the symptoms..

Re: Head cold or allergies..

• Just to let you know, sinus problems/cold symptoms can be related to pregnancy. I've had a stuffy nose and now post nasal drip for almost3 weeks. Hot herbal tea helps to clear the nose.

On another note, it could be allergies. Honestly, talk to your doc, I'm sure there's something you COULD take if it gets to out of hand :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have sinus issues and allergies. You can use a saline spray or neti pot to flush your sinuses. I also use a hot pack across my sinuses and base of my head for a sinus headache. Helps make things more manageable. I hope that helps some.
  • Loading the player...
  • omgoodness, great suggestions! I really really hope this isn't pregnancy related though, everyone's allergies are going crazy right now around here, it just seems to be affecting me more this yr than in past years..

The runny nose is probably the most miserable part! my nose is burning from tissues! And I almost got sent home from work today because I sounded worse than half our patients! I dont have any time left that I can afford to be out sick so I'm just really frustrated!

Hopefully it gets better but thank you all for the suggestions! 

• Benadryl is ok to take. The list from my doctors office also says Tylenol cold not multi symptom and robitussin are ok. NyQuil is not. Hope you feel better! I had a hell of a cold over the weekend.
    **Freddy** BabyFetus Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I've been sneezing like crazy too I thought I was the only one!  It's good to know I'm not alone
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Post nasal drip and coughing up gross phlem! Doc. says not to take anything if I don't really have too. but did give me the approved list.. Trying to power through it. Can't wait to feel all better....Oh plus morning sickness all day long. And exhausted!
  • My OB cleared me for Zyrtec and saline spray. I live in the Cincy/NKY area and allergies here are AWFUL!! I had to stop my allergy injections which sucks right now, but the Zyrtec and saline spray seem to keep things relatively okay.
    photo 978af5ba-08bb-4481-86d8-3ab82265c5c3_zpsc80d6cf2.jpg div align="center">photo f1bdfba8-890a-4221-be22-61d4a9f99eee_zps89ebc57e.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageXmasDivine:
    If being pregnant and a full time student isn't enough to have on my plate, I seem to keep getting sick. 2 days before my positive pregnancy test I came down with the flu :p that was awesome.. took tylenol for two days to manage the temps.. then got my positive and suffered through the rest of the symptoms until they all went away (I had a cough for like 3 weeks!). NOW 11 weeks, I have what I initially thought was allergies (Houston) but it's lasted three days, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, sneezing.. I'm miserable and just want it to go away!!! I'm too scared to take ANYTHING in the first tri (med wise) but I dont think theres much that would be approved anyway for the symptoms..

I have crazy allergies too so I have been dying. However I have been fighting a cold/flu and my Dr said to take Robitussin DM. I would call your Dr and see what they say. It has been a week now and I am almost back to normal. I am in my 1st trimester 13 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"