February 2013 Moms

April lurker-newborn sizes?

congrats to everyone's LOs! I was wondering how much did your LO weigh at birth if they ever/still fit in NB sizes!? 
BabyName Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: April lurker-newborn sizes?

• My LO was 10 lbs 8 oz. she never fit in newborn. They expected her to be 8 lbs so they were a little off! Haha
  • DS was 6lbs 15oz and 20" NB fit him a bit loose and now he's up to 8lbs 5oz and his NB stuff still fits but I can tell he will outgrow it soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • jd614jd614 member
    my son was 7lbs 2 oz, 20 inches and is 3.5 weeks old right now. he is still fitting in newborn clothes. we just ran out of newborn diapers 2 days ago and have been using size 1 and they are fitting him better so we arent going to buy any more newborn diapers...but he definitely needed them in the beginning, especially because when we came home from the hospital he was 6lbs 11oz.  For reference...we are using Pampers swaddlers diapers. He fits into carters newborn perfectly fine...Gerber runs smaller so those are getting tight-i probably will put them away in another week or 2.
  • DS was 7lbs 10 oz and 19 inches long. It took him 3 weeks to outgrow his newborn clothes and diapers. However, if you are Canadian, Superstore brand Joe clothing size 0-3 months fit him well from week 1 and still does. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 8 lbs (even) 20in - newborn fits fine still, but the 0-3mo fit okay too, just a little baggie.  With DS1, the preemie even fit and he was 8lb6oz, 21in. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS was 10 lbs. 3 oz., 22 inches. He is wearing 3 month stuff. It's big, but the newborn stuff doesn't fit.
    imageimageimage
  • DD weighed 9lbs even. She fit in Carter's NB footed sleepers and onesies for about 3 weeks. Never fit into NB size diapers, went straight into size 1s.

ETA she was 21" long at birth, and was back up to birth weight 5 days postpartum.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was 6 lbs 6 oz and 18.5 inches long at birth. She's almost 5 weeks old now. At her one month appointment she was up to 7 lbs 13 oz and 21 inches long. I would say that lengthwise, she grew out of her newborn sleepers about a week ago. The 0 to 3 month stuff is baggy on her, but the length is pretty much perfect. Weird how much it can vary. She still easily fits in newborn diapers.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• 8 lb 15 oz and 20.25 inches

NB stuff fits right now, but probably only for another week or so.  

• 7 lbs 14 Ozs. 19 3/4". Still in nb stuff.
    BFP #1 6/18/2012 // EDD 2/28/2013 // Birthdate 2/7/2013

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Congrats on your pregnancy! My little guy weighed 8lbs. 10oz at birth and only wore his newborn clothes and newborn size pampers swaddler diapers for the first 2 weeks. He was out of them after that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He was 6lb 14 oz.  At his 1 month appointment he was 9 lb 5 oz, he still fits in newborn.  He was 19 inches,

dd was 5 lb 15 oz at birth, she wore nb for over 2 months. 

• Mine is 6 lb 7 oz and her NB sizes are a tiny bit large.We still wear them though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 9lb9oz/21.5 inches at birth and wore nb size up until a couple days ago. he's 10lb and 3 weeks old and 0-3m stuff is loose but nb was getting too tight. he still wears nb diapers though. he's got a tiny butt.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 8lbs 11oz. Straight to 0 to 3 months.
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
  • 8lb 9oz 21in long. He's a month now and still in some newborn clothes but were moving up to the 03month clothes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Born at 39 weeks at 7 lbs 14 oz. and 20.5 inches. Down to 7 lbs 1 oz at her lowest. She will be six weeks tomorrow and is about 9.5 pounds. NB diapers still fit well. NB clothes fit, but are getting too short. 03 month clothes are HUGE.
  • LO was 8 lbs, 12.5 oz at birth, 20 3/4 inches long, and he fit into most newborn size until just the past few days. He got weighed today and he's 10 lbs, 13 oz, and 22 inches long. No wonder the newborn is too small! BTW, he's almost 1 month old now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • LO was 6lbs, 2weeks old 6lbs 3oz.  Newborn clothes are big on him.  He has a preemie out fit that works, or I wash the nb clothes in hot water to shrink.
    *** DS born February 21, 2013 - Toronto, Canada  ***
    imageimage
  • DD was 7.10 and 21 inches long. She is a month old an still fits in NB. 0-3 is so huge on her. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was 6 lbs 11 oz and at the moment is 2.5 weeks weighing 7.8 lbs. She is still is newborn diapers and her clothes are all too big for her still. I've tried her is some of the size 1 diapers and they kinda fall off her still. Had to get another box of size newborn today.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS was 8lb 12oz and still fits into a few NB outfits, but has outgrown most of them. He's 4 weeks old.
  • DS weighed 7lbs 5oz at birth. He is now just over a month old and is just starting to outgrow his newborn onesies. He outgrew his newborn sleepers about a week and a half ago (He is a longer baby). 
    K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO was 7 lb 6 oz at birth and is still in NB.  He weighs just under 9 pounds now.
    DD: 6/30/09. Mild pre-e DS: 9/5/10. Normal pregnancy Diagnosed 6/4/12 with dermatomyositis. Currently on Prednisone and IVIG therapy. 9/11/12: Normal a/s for DS2. No side effects from my medication, yay! DS2: 1/28/13. Thankful for healthy children! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • She was 7lbs6oz at birth. She's just 8lbs 2oz at 5wks & is JUST starting to outgrow some nb stuff
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • ah625ah625 member
    My daughter was born at 8lb11.5oz & 20.75 inches and she wore newborn sizes until she was one week old. If it wasn't cold here I would have just put her in the 0-3 stuff and not worried about the gappy neck/arm holes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD was 8lb5oz at birth and still isn't back to birth weight yet. :(  So, she's still in nb clothes at 3 weeks.  But, her feet are pretty long and I think she's getting longer (20" at birth, 20.25" at pedi last week).  So, I washed all of her 3mo stuff today because I think she'll be moving into them soon.
  • My son was 9 lb 2 oz and fit newborn. He is 8 days old and still fits NB. But I don't expect him to wear it for long.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• DS was 7 lbs 5 oz & 21 inches long at birth. He is 4 weeks now and 7lbs 11 oz. He still fits in NB perfectly, even with bulky cloth diapers on. I have tried to put 0-3 month cloths on him, but they are way too long and baggy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"