July 2013 Moms

Movement low or high?

I'm having a girl and i can feel her moving around very low in my belly, pretty much underneath my belly near my pelvic bone. I saw a friend last night who is also having a girl due a few days later than me and she said her baby kicks her in the ribs. So im wondering where most people feel their baby moving? Why is mine so low?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Movement low or high?

• Little man is kicking my very low as well. I'm pretty sure it's because he's breech, so that's just where his feet are. I didn't ask my doctor or anything but I'm pretty sure that's the reasoning of why we're feeling it lower.
    imageView Full Size Image

• I think that at this stage, they move around a fair bit.

I had my A/S ultrasound last Thursday, and baby was up high by my belly-button.  Yesterday, I had an ultrasound (because I'm high risk, I get one whenever I see my OB)... and baby was squatting on my cervix.  So really, there's no right answer at this point!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am currently 20 weeks and I feel movement low in about the same area that you described.  Typically speaking, at this time, the uterus has only made it to the height of your belly button, so that's why you're feeling it low.
  • Alex is breech for me right now. I feel most of his little kicks down low. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• All of my movement and kicks have been really low too. It think it just depends on where baby is settled at the moment, but definitely nothing to worry about.
    Anniversary

• I feel it both high and low. At my US today, baby's head was by cervix so I was feeling kicks close to my ribs. I also felt some down below earlier so either she is punching or she moved around enough to be able to kick lower.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow and my baby girl's kicks are almost always low, exactly how you're describing. 
  • I feel the baby both low and right around my belly button.  Mostly it's low though!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• I am 20 weeks and am feeling the baby low right now as well. below my belly button in my pelvic region too! I'm going to guess that is fairly normal at this point.
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • My little man is very low...like I swear I feel movements as low as my cervix or rear-end if you know what I mean. It's a very odd sensation. I don't know if I'll prefer that location over the sides or the ribs. With my first son he stayed planted practically in the same position for a few months and my right side took a beating by the end of pregnancy because his little feet got strong and kicked the heck out of that side.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I feel kicks and lots of squirming very low too.  For a few days I think she flipped because I was feeling her up high but it didn't last long.  I was blaming my anterior placenta but now I'm glad that it is fairly common to feel movement that low.  
  • Most of baby boys kicks are right at my cervix. It was just a couple of nights ago when I felt him kicking up higher around my belly button. It was the first time that DH felt him kick from the outside. Its one of those moments in pregnancy where things feel "real".

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• imagePrimRoseMama:
    Alex is breech for me right now. I feel most of his little kicks down low. 

Ditto.  I get very low kicks 90% of the time (he's kicking now and I love every second of it!), then maybe his hand or head moves enough for me to feel it around my belly button.   My uterus is only about as high as my belly button now, so no chance of me feeling it in the ribs yet. 

Trying for #2 since November 2015

DS #1 - 7/25/13

• Wow you guys seem to be feeling very frequent kicks. I'm still at the stage where I'm trying to figure out if something IS the baby or not! LOL. My uterus is also at my belly button so it sounds like I'm growing at the same rate as every one else. I have my next appointment a week from today with my AS so I'm excited to see how things are growing and see my LO!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 19 weeks here and I've felt kicks both high and low. Some down near my pelvis, a few just below my belly button. But always on the left side. Defnitely got a little mover!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RDK24RDK24 member

imagesigmaurse:
    Wow you guys seem to be feeling very frequent kicks. I'm still at the stage where I'm trying to figure out if something IS the baby or not! LOL. My uterus is also at my belly button so it sounds like I'm growing at the same rate as every one else. I have my next appointment a week from today with my AS so I'm excited to see how things are growing and see my LO!

I feel ya, sister. I thiiiiiink I'm getting kicks but they're still quite subtle. Feels like a tiny muscle spasm or twitch. Previously, I was feeling a rolling sensation with some pressure. Still get that sometimes but not as much now.

• My LO is located on my lower left of abdomen, below the belly button. I feel her movement in this spot only, about 4 fingers from hair line.
    imageimage
  • I never got kicked in the ribs with my first pregnancy and so far low with this one, too.  My hips and cervix took the abuse last time.  Definitely becomes less cute and more painful! :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I feel kicks all over the place but the lowest (and worst) I've had yet is basically like I'm being kicked in the vagay. Anyone else get this?
  • I am 23 weeks and all my little girls movements are down low. Except for one time about two weeks ago I felt a random kick near my rib.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"