3rd Trimester

When to go home from work

so... I am trying to work as long as I can before little guy gets here. Our office has 2 new trainees and another person on maternity leave already...

I have lost my mucus plug and have been having spaced out mild contractions for 5-6 days now... As of monday I was 2 cm dialated and 50% effaced...

I can't really take a bath drink water and lay down to see if the contractions get better or worse but I'd feel silly going home then coming back in the next day after a false alarm to real labor. Dr. said baby should be here by the end of the week!

At what point do I go home from work?

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: When to go home from work

• I would say go home when the contractions make it hard to be comfortable and functional at work. . . same as if you were sick. And obviously if the contractions become 5 minutes apart or less, it might very well be time to go to the hospital.

If you do go home one day and end up coming back the next because the contractions have abated, I think most people would understand.

• When you aren't focused on work anymore.

BFP#1 "Watermelon" born 3/2011
    BFP#2 "Pumpkin" 7/14/12 ~ EDD 3/23/13 ~ Natural M/C 8/3/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#3 "Pineapple"  born 4/2013
    BFP#4 "Grapefruit" EDD 3/29/16
  • Loading the player...
  • I left work an hour early yesterday due to contractions.  They lasted all afternoon, into the night, and stopped this morning.  I'm back at work (for now) and my bosses have been very understanding.  I'm only a 5 minute drive from the hospital so I'm sticking it out until the end. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagewatermelon mom:
    When you aren't focused on work anymore.

Well, I better go home now then! LOL

I still have 22 days until my EDD but I've long since stopped being focused on work. :) 

• imagewatermelon mom:
    When you aren't focused on work anymore.

... that would have been six months ago!

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's hard because you want to rule out false labor by lying down...I guess since the day is only about 8 hours long you could tough it out that long. I have been coming home when I have too many, one because I can work from home, two because I hadprevious preterm deliveries and wasn't far enough along to risk it. At least you know you are far enough and the day they get closer, more painful and consistent could be the day you have your baby! GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"