Babies: 6 - 9 Months

How to teach a baby to nap

My daughter is not 8 months and refuses to nap in her crib. If she falls asleep nursing or being rocked the minute my husband or I place her down she is up and screaming. I have left her for 30-45 minutes and all she does is scream. If we go for a walk or in the car she is out within 10 minutes. I was hoping for any tips or advice that I can use to teach my daughter to nap. At night she is great though...thank you!

Re: How to teach a baby to nap

• Maybe she notices temperature difference. Gets cold when put down? You can try putting a heating pad in her bed and remove before laying her down. I have a friend who puts a blanket between them and their baby when hold/feeding before bed and just puts them down on the already warm blanket. Good luck!
  • yeah, my LO crys for naps in crib to but he is usually out after 15 minutes of crying. It is rough, I want to go in and help but if I do, it just makes it worse - I just remind myself - if I give it 15 minutes - it will all be over and he will get a good nap. But consistency is key! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We got our daughter to nap in her crib by convincing her that her crib was a safe place to sleep, and that we would always respond if she needed anything. It was time consuming, but for two weeks, every single day I would nurse her to sleep, then lay her down in her crib. She would wake up, and I would just hang out with her. Give her a stuffed animal to snuggle with, hold hands, sing to her... if she got really worked up I would pick her up, nurse her, and start the process all over again. It definitely worked though. Now she usually naps in her crib for about an hour in a row.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"