May 2013 Moms

Support Bands?

For those of you still exercising/running...or any of you in general...do you wear a support band?  I have cut out running because it is too uncomfortable and am sticking to low impact gym classes, yoga and long walks with the dog.  However, I have been having a lot of braxton hicks, to the point where walking the dog is too much/too uncomfortable, which really bums me out.  I am wondering if a support band would help at all.  Do any of you have recommendations for support bands that you use/like?  What are your experiences?

Re: Support Bands?

• I swear by my band from Motherhood Maternity. I used to be in so much pain and discomfort from walking my dogs that I would be in tears by the time I got home.  Now, I use the band and walk one at a time and it really really helps. 
    IVF# 1 with ICSI 05/02/2012 - Husband had surgery 07/13/2012 - Started BCP 07/31/2012 - Stopped BCP 08/02/2012 - Little Friend came and had trand vag echo and blood test 08/03/2012 - started Puregon 250UI a day 08/10/2012 - blood test and transvag echo. Continued with Puregon, added Orgalutron and Menopur 08/12/2012 - did regular meds in morn, Pregnyl trigger shot at 930pm 08/14/2012 - ER with only a shot of anesthetic to my whoha - OUCH -next time i will ask for general. They were only able to get at one ovary because the other is located too close to my intestines. 08/17/2012 - ET of 2 Grade A emryos. Dr said only two really good ones were available and if the others make it to blastocyst stage. 08/27/2012 - No call from doctor so we can assume nothing to freeze. 08/31/2012 - Beta #1 286.2 - I am pregnant! Doctor is not doing a second Beta 09/1472012 - Saw babys heart flutter Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • bes12bes12 member
    I love mine! I ordered it from Amazon for likes $15!  It has helped tremendously especially with my sciatic nerve pain! =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, I love mine and find it tremendously helpful for my general comfort, for preventing lightning crotch, and for easing the stress on my umbilical hernia (a gift leftover from my last pg).

I have the Gabrialla maternity support belt, medium support, from Amazon. It's like $30 and completely worth it in my opinion. I'm 5'6" and normally around 130ish, currently 155ish, and I wore a size medium during second tri and am now wearing a size large (yes, I bought a second larger one because the first helped so much until I grew too huge for it). It's pretty unnoticeable under clothes, too. 

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"