New York Babies

OBGYN at Beth Israel Hospital

I found out I am expecting (6 weeks) and am looking for OBGYN recommendations. I just signed up for a health insurance that is very selective. I live in Williamsburg so I can do both Brooklyn and Manhattan locations. Beth Israel and University Hospital of Brooklyn both have Drs under my plan. I heard University Hospital may be closing so I focused my search in Beth Israel. Anyone have experience with Dr Valerie Lewis-Morris or Dr Afua Mintah? There is also one midwife under the plan who is Rochelle Lipshutz. Any help would be great. 

Re: OBGYN at Beth Israel Hospital

• We see Dr. Matamala at Beth Israel at Union Square.  She is very sweet, we love her!  Warning though, wait times at BI can be pretty bad.
  • My OB/GYN is Dr Youyin Choy,she's with BI. She has 2 locations.She's been my doctor for years and delivered my baby. Her partner, Lana Selitzky is nice, too or try Stephanie Lam.

I delivered at BI-great experience.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 16 weeks and my doc is Dr. Wind with Beth Isreal. 
  • I had both my boys at bi. Love them. And my ob was at union square one she is no longer there. I've seen dr Lewis Morris...I really liked her. Se actually is the one that sent me to have my 1st baby. My ob was out of town :) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks Guys. I called BI to try to make an appointment and the good news is there are a ton of Drs that take my insurance (not just those three I mentioned) but they won't make an appointment until I have my insurance card. So it looks like I won't be going to my 1st appointment until potentially the 2nd week of April. At that point i'll be 12 or 13 weeks. So frustrating! 
  • HOw bad is the wait at PAAC. I just found out i'm pregnant and will be going to my first appt soon. Are the doctors there nice?
  • Crap- I just looked up all the Drs you guys recommended and none of them are under my insurance. I had a friend recommend Dr Wind as well :(
  • The midwife you mentioned actually delivered my first child. I'm again pregnant and will be using her. Agree was amazing and saved many daughters life. Little big of a hard a tho.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"