3rd Trimester

The end of pregnancy is weird...

It's the only time in your life where you are actually wishing, hoping, and praying to be in horrible pain, LOL. This kid needs to get out!

image image

Re: The end of pregnancy is weird...

• imageamykins1283:
    It's the only time in your life where you are actually wishing, hoping, and praying to be in horrible pain, LOL. This kid needs to get out!

Right! I am a FTM so when I would hear my mom friends say this, I thought they were nuts. And honestly when I first found out I was pregnant, I used to cry all the time when I thought about giving birth. But now here I am at 37 wks and I am so ready to do this. Yes I am still nervous but I cannot wait to be done being pregnant and move onto the next part of my life.
  • To me, two days of extreme pain is a lot more appealing than three-five weeks more of being pregnant. I am 37 weeks now and want to be done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I view this as nature's way of making us unafraid of birth.  With my first pregnancy about 20 weeks in I started freaking out about how scared I was of having a baby and the pain.  By the end, I was so done with pregnancy I didn't care how it happened or how much it hurt I just needed it to end (and it ended up not being that bad)!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Also the trick to labor is to be in denial until they go "are you ready to push"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDolls2011:
    imageamykins1283:
    And honestly when I first found out I was pregnant, I used to cry all the time when I thought about giving birth. But now here I am at 37 wks and I am so ready to do this. Yes I am still nervous but I cannot wait to be done being pregnant and move onto the next part of my life.

This is too funny!  When I first found out we were pregnant, in addition to the feelings of happiness and disbelief (FTR it wasn't an "oops", we were actually trying), I had this overwhelming fear associated with all the doctor appointments I knew I'd have to go to, and the actual labour/delivery itself.  I locked myself in the spare bedroom and sobbed for an hour. Poor DH didn't know what to do with me!

I've calmed down since .. and thank goodness I've managed to hold it together this long!  But it's true, the further along we are in the pregnancy, the more I feel like DH and I have been living in this in-between world where we KNOW our lives are going to change any day now, but until I go into labour, that isn't going to happen. So we're all just kind of .. on edge, I guess.  

We're definitely ready for this big, overwhelming change, however, I'd rather just be immersed in the craziness and deal with it, than be sitting around anticipating it and imagining how bad it might be (that goes for labour as well as parenting!).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDolls2011:
    imageamykins1283:
    Right! I am a FTM so when I would hear my mom friends say this, I thought they were nuts. And honestly when I first found out I was pregnant, I used to cry all the time when I thought about giving birth. But now here I am at 37 wks and I am so ready to do this. Yes I am still nervous but I cannot wait to be done being pregnant and move onto the next part of my life.

I feel the exact same way!  Bring on the pain!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageClandestineX:
    To me, two days of extreme pain is a lot more appealing than three-five weeks more of being pregnant. I am 37 weeks now and want to be done.

This exactly!! 

• imageAtlJuneBride:
    I view this as nature's way of making us unafraid of birth.  With my first pregnancy about 20 weeks in I started freaking out about how scared I was of having a baby and the pain.  By the end, I was so done with pregnancy I didn't care how it happened or how much it hurt I just needed it to end (and it ended up not being that bad)!

Good to know!   I'm about to the point where I would happily take 2-3 days of hurting like crazy over the daily back & pelvic pain I've had for the last week, especially if I still have 5 weeks of this cr@p to go! 

Myles was so pumped about the baby . . . until he figured out he'd have to share all his toys!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker>
  • I seriously agree. I cannot wait to just have this kid and move forward with it all! The 9 months of waiting has been enough... I really don't want to wait anymore! So if it means some major pain for a short span of time I'm game.... maybe then my back and pelvis and hip will stop aching... Though I will be just as tired I'm sure except trips to the bathroom will be replaced with trips to the baby...
    Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I so know what you mean!!! Hubby and I were trying very hard to get pregnant so I was very aware of things very early on. I jokingly wish I had been as oblivious as my sister in law who didn't find out she was pregnany until she was 14 weeks along. How nice to cut down the worry, nervousness, planning by 10 weeks.

Every time I think I've got this phase of discomfort down, I step into another level of uncomfortable. Like, I was okay getting up twice a night to pee, then it was 3 times, now I should just grab my pillow and sleep on the toilet!

My sister said this to me, and it has become sort of a mantra this past week, "If it weren't so uncomfortable to be pregnant, would you ever want to push?"

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"