Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Is there a limit how much formula per day?

I plan to ask at four month checkup today, but in the span of 24 hours DS drank 50 ounces!

Re: Is there a limit how much formula per day?

• that sounds like way too much to me. baby should be between 24-32oz a day....
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • 50 seems like a lot but it could be a growth spurt.  It also could mean baby's ready for cereal.  
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The upper limit is around 32oz.  My first used to routinely drink 40oz and our pedi said to try and scale that back.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• The book Baby 411 says most babies max out at 40 oz a day at around 6 months. My LO drinks about 35 - 36 oz a day. I would think 50 oz once isn't huge problem but if its consistent I would ask the dr.

=BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
  • Sounds like your little one might be ready for solids?? I would definitely ask the doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecarrotsoup70:

The book Baby 411 says most babies max out at 40 oz a day at around 6 months. My LO drinks about 35 - 36 oz a day. I would think 50 oz once isn't huge problem but if its consistent I would ask the dr.

he usually doesn't drink that much. He woke up for an extra feeding that night and normally never finishes his bedtime bottle and falls asleep but last night stayed awake and sucked down the whole 8 ounces, so that accounted for the extra. He normally drinks around 40, which still seems like alot. I assume my pedi will ok starting food today. He is generally fine with the 4-6 month range and had me start DD at four months when she was a baby because she was also a huge eater. 

• imagepumpkinhead4:
    that sounds like way too much to me. baby should be between 24-32oz a day....

I was just told this too at our 4 month appointment as well.  I did ask about this too.  LO is at about 36 oz a day sometimes less.  We plan on starting solids as soon as the sever congestion clears up soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Sounds a little much! Maybe it's a growth spurt though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"