Dads & Dads-to-be

A Crazy 36 Hours....

So my wife came home yesterday to tell me she had some spotting. It was bright red when she wiped and stopped as soon as it started. We started to freak after our previous experience. A few hours later it returned, this time dark brown.

Back in December, this is how the miscarriage started.

So we called the nurse line and they set us up to come in first thing today for a blood draw to make sure the hcg level was over 2000 so an ultrasound would be useful. It came back in the 7k's. At first we were told no - there were no ultrasound slots today, but we were persistent and finally got one.

Turned out all is well. We got to see the heartbeat - 115 beats per minute, and were surprised to learn we are a week behind where we thought we were. Using her last period we expected to be at 7W2D, but in fact we are around 6W. They thought it had something to do with the previous miscarriage.

We go back again next Wed to try again and get a due date - then first OB the next day.

This was the first time we actually got to see something on the ultrasound - last time the baby was 2 weeks deceased before we had one. Amazing moment - just wish the 36 hours leading up to it had been a little less stressful.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A Crazy 36 Hours....

• Sounds like a crazy day, sorry you went through all that.

Congrats on seeing the baby and it is great to hear all is well

• Those kinds of days do suck.  Glad everything turned out okay.  Keep positive and before you know it the 2 trimester will be here.

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!!!! We had a semi-similar story, I hope you have the happy ending that we have!!! Again Congrats!!!!!!!

• PrimePrime member
    Sorry you had to go through that stress again, but I'm glad it was ok.  I was worried when I started reading.  Didn't want you to have to go through that again.

• Thank everyone. We got no sleep Sunday night expecting a repeat of December. Was really important to have that positive experience to build off of. We go back next Wed to try and get a date on the baby since it is not at 7w2d like we thought. Doctor thought she might have ovulated later then normal in January because of the December miscarriage and so calculating from the last period might not be accurate.

Just kind of one of those oddities with pregnancy I guess. All i care is that there was a heartbeat - they can be as many weeks as they like after that.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagedkaplan76:

Thank everyone. We got no sleep Sunday night expecting a repeat of December. Was really important to have that positive experience to build off of. We go back next Wed to try and get a date on the baby since it is not at 7w2d like we thought. Doctor thought she might have ovulated later then normal in January because of the December miscarriage and so calculating from the last period might not be accurate.

Just kind of one of those oddities with pregnancy I guess. All i care is that there was a heartbeat - they can be as many weeks as they like after that.

lol, everything is odd with pregnancy, enjoy it!!! and words of advice... Saltines, Ginger Ale and a body pillow.... Those three things are the reason I am still alive. lol j/k but seriously.... get them... 

• Sorry you had to endure all that stress, but at least it was all OK in the end.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i remember my wife having the same thing early in her pregnancy and the best thing she could do is keep hydrated.  prayers to both of you. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"