December 2010 Moms

The things on cartoons that drive you nuts...

Title for mobile users: The things on cartoons that drive you nuts...

While I know these shows are FICTIONAL (duh) it's funny the things that irritate me... add yours!

1. Reese was watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and someone addressed the gange as "Ladies and Gentlemen... and Pluto" I felt bad that all the other characters are "humans" but poor Pluto is just a dog.

2. So much about Finding Nemo... the scene where the fish swim down, the fact that Nemo appears dead at the end of that scene, the very ending where the other fish are stuck in their bags and you don't know if / how they get out... etc.

3. The "know it all" kid on Curious George drives me nuts.

4. The characters on Little Einsteins have eyebrows that float over their bangs.

The funny thing is that LO doesn't even watch that much TV (probably 45 minutes a day) and yet I get all annoyed over these things. ;)

Re: The things on cartoons that drive you nuts...

• Don't get me started on mickey mouse clubhouse, it is A's favorite and every episode I find fault with something.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• The only shows my boys watch are Thomas, Seseme Street, and Dinosaur train.  However my DH and I like to pick apart Thomas. 

1. Sir Topham Hatt is ALWAYS cross- he is going to stroke out
    2. When will Thomas ever learn from his mistakes- it always seems he ignores what he is suppose to do.
    3. How did they just "lose" Hiro? Don't they have an inventory?
    4. Why don't they have radios in their cabs?

These are just some of the things that we like to wonder about...

• Loading the player...
  • The only one of those we watch is Curious George.  N is obsessed with it!  (Also Super Why...)  I hate that know it all kid too.  I also hate that even though he knows it all, he seems oblivious to the fact that George is actually a monkey and not an actual child.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • -The fact that Sally and Nick always ask their moms if they can go with the Cat in the Hat and the moms laugh like it's imaginary...so is it? Are they just crazy? Are the moms concerned about the vividness of this imaginary friend?

-If you're talking about that stupid kid on Curious George who always says, "Wow, that's pretty good. For a city kid." then yes, I hate that kid.

-The fact that Sir Topham Hatt is always "cross." Also, he's a total slave driver. For a prize for being a hard working engine in one episode, he gave the engine more work. And the engine was like, "Yay!" What kind of totalitarian society is this??? Also, don't these people have cars or trucks? They are always giving Thomas something to transport that's like, the size of a loaf of bread. Put it in your car, Topham!

-The fact that on Sid the Science kid, teacher Suzie only has four freaking students to teach, and she pretty much relies on Sid to give her the idea for her lesson plan daily. Wish I could teach in that world...

-Though we don't watch Mickey Mouse club, something I've always wondered is if Pluto is a dog, then WTH is Goofy?

Wow, it looks like we watch a lot of tv! I promise, we don't! I just have to skip around or one show will drive me nuts!

photo IMG_6758_zps3fe7e628.jpg
  • imagechickaboo1974:

The only shows my boys watch are Thomas, Seseme Street, and Dinosaur train.  However my DH and I like to pick apart Thomas. 

2. When will Thomas ever learn from his mistakes- it always seems he ignores what he is suppose to do.

Ahahahaha I just wrote the EXACT same thing!

• https://www.cracked.com/article_19673_6-insane-but-convincing-theories-childrens-pop-culture_p2.html

Someone analyzes some cartoons with a political lens...so funny, especially the Thomas one.

• J watched Finding Nemo at dc last week and woke up crying saying that the bad man took Nemo twice since.

On Thomas, where are the train's engineers? Why would they not tell Thomas to stop making silly mistakes? The only times we see them are when they need to fix something or couple up some cars.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSpitsNGiggles:
    J watched Finding Nemo at dc last week and woke up crying saying that the bad man took Nemo twice since. On Thomas, where are the train's engineers? Why would they not tell Thomas to stop making silly mistakes? The only times we see them are when they need to fix something or couple up some cars.

I always wonder why these guys are there in the first place. Just to shovel coal? Yeah, you would think one of them would step in and say, uh Thomas you don't have time for the MILLIONTH detour you're about to take.

• imagechickaboo1974:

The only shows my boys watch are Thomas, Seseme Street, and Dinosaur train.  However my DH and I like to pick apart Thomas. 

Seriously, Thomas is a farking idiot.

And LOL at "cross". DS is obsessed with Thomas & thanks to his older cousin, he has a million wooden Thomas trains. DS knows all their names - he makes them talk to eachother & they are always "cross"!

I always wonder what the drivers of the trains are doing when the trains decide to do something stupid. Isn't the driver in charge? They should know better!

• kj07kj07 member
    Someone told me one time that Goofy talks because he wears pants.  Pluto doesn't wear pants, so he's just a dog.
    photo 8653f130-7264-42f4-8d67-9a73d64cacce_zps8c973e49.jpg

BFP #1 4/14/10. Big B born 12/28/10.

BFP #2 5/27/12. EDD 2/1/13. m/c and D&C 6/21/12.
  • I call foul on that person's theory. Donald Duck doesn't wear pants.
  • Only a group of moms could have a thread this long on cartoons. I'm always annoyed at the lack of parents in the cartoons. Little einsteins, super why, gaspard and Lisa...all go traipsing around and never even check in. Heck, the little einsteins travel around the world in a rocket and their parents don't even know!!
  • Haha! We only watch Mickey and I am always on my laptop during it so I don't pay attention. Poor DD will be telling me about the episode later and I'm like, "Huh? What is she talking about?" While DH says, "She's TALKING about how Daisy was asleep and they had to wake her up.... blah, blah, blah..." Oh well, she's really verbal so it's like getting Disney Cliffs Notes!
  • OMG, y'all are killing me today! I'm glad DH and I aren't the only ones that like to pick apart these kids shows.

That Cracked link about Thomas was so funny. DH and I have observed some of the same things. Actually, DH has remarked before, "Wow, those trains are really @ssholes, aren't they?" LOL

Does anyone watch Fireman Sam? That kid Norman is the worst, the absolute worst. Ughhh...He lies, does stupid things, then when he causes a fire or a near car accident or something he runs off shouting, "Not my fault!"

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I totally don't let Griffin watch Thomas the train because I think it looks stupid.

We watch a lot of Daniel Tiger's neighborhood, and I hate how that miss Elena girl calls everyone "toots". Like, "hey toots!" Seriously? What five-year-old talks like that? And is that even appropriate?

• imagejanneann1127:

I totally don't let Griffin watch Thomas the train because I think it looks stupid.

We watch a lot of Daniel Tiger's neighborhood, and I hate how that miss Elena girl calls everyone "toots". Like, "hey toots!" Seriously? What five-year-old talks like that? And is that even appropriate?

Ahahaha I saw that on a promo for the show and said to my mom, What, is that girl a hard nosed sexist newspaper editor from the 1940's? "Hey toots! Get in here and take dictation!"

• Caillou - he seems like such a brat!  Ugh, I don't want C talking or whining like he does.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ooh, I thought of another I hate - the creepy scarecrow on Bob the Builder. WTH is that thing?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • On Jake and the Never Land Pirates, they are supposed to use pixie dust only in emergencies.  The definition of emergency is VERY loose on that show.

Also noticed the lack of parental control on Little Einsteins and Gaspard and Lisa.

There was a Minnie's Bowtique short earlier today where they threw a surprise party for Daisy and Mickey, Donald (her own boyfriend) and Goofy weren't even invited.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelrn327:
    Caillou he seems like such a brat!nbsp; Ugh, I don't want C talking or whining like he does.

Luckily J's Caillou obsession has died down a little. He gets whiney every time he watches that show.

I hate how Caillou's parents drop everything when Caillou wants something. Oh, you want to go to Leo's? Well, mommy was working, but okay let's take the subway to Leo's. And why are his parent's in sweatshirts while Caillou wears shorts?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"