March 2013 Moms

Feeling Overwhelmed and Unprepared!

I live in a very small community where I won't know until next week whether or not I can even have my baby here. If I can not, I will be leaving immediately for a town 6 hours away. Where I live there is no where to go for information on child birth. I have been taking prenatal yoga which has been helpful with breathing. However, there was suppose to be a birthing class offered by our hospital. I was suppose to hear back from the lady weeks ago. However, her response is always "I will know more next week." I am due is less than 4 weeks. I don't know what to expect and I am not the type of person to just "go with the flow". I have watched/taken a birthing class online. And I have read up on what child birth will be like as well as watched some videos. But it just doesn't seem like enough. And now LO's arrival is approaching and I can not relax. I was up last night crying to my husband. I just don't know what I am doing.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling Overwhelmed and Unprepared!

• It would be nice if you knew you had to go to another town or not - it might be worth going and not waiting. But all the other stuff will be great. Your instincts will kick in and if you are reading and watching videos online you'll be great. I delivered in small town with my first and even went to classes - I never used my Lamaze, or remembered what I learned and the biggest thing I was missing was the breast feeding tips. I could have used a good lactation consultant. I watched a lot of a baby story on TLC as well ;) 
  • Babycenter online has an awesome birthing class. It's very similar to the one I did at the hospital. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, I felt no more prepared after my class than before it. I wouldn't sweat it! It would be nice, of course, to know if you have to go to another hospital 6 hrs away (where the heck are you, btw? lol), but other than that you will be fine! I am still waiting for LO to get here but I already forget almost everything about the breathing techniques and honestly don't really care. Relax as much as you can for now mama!
  • Thank you ladies. I will try to relax. I have taken the course on babycenter. It is good to know that it will be helpful and puts my mind at ease.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"