July 2013 Moms

"Enjoy Your Pregnancy"

Friends of mine keep saying this to me but I can't really find anything enjoyable about it.  I'm looking forward to the end result but the planning is rather stressful to me.  I'm blessed in that I've had no major complications; just annoyances.  So I guess I should enjoy that.

What do you enjoy about being pregnant?

Re: "Enjoy Your Pregnancy"

• I'm trying as much as possible, but being PgAL is ridiculously difficult (emotionally, anyways). 
  • imageKikiCohen:
    I'm trying as much as possible, but being PgAL is ridiculously difficult emotionally, anyways.nbsp;

This. I enjoy feeling many lo wiggling around in there, but then again I freak out when I don't feel it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I enjoy the movement. Honestly, that's pretty much it. I'm in this for the end result. I always feel terrible when I hear friends say how much they miss pregnancy. I don't think I'll have that feeling when it's over.
  • EMF70EMF70 member
    LOL at your "giant rack".  I just bought a 34B bra yesterday and felt ready for a Playboy photoshoot.  :)
  • I honestly love everything about it...aside from the worry that something could go wrong. So far I can't find anything I dislike about it...yet.
  • imageEMF70:
    LOL at your "giant rack".nbsp; I just bought a 34B bra yesterday and felt ready for a Playboy photoshoot.nbsp; :

Lol! I was just telling some people today that I'm a real B for the first time in my life!
  • We are probably going to stop at two, so I'm trying to soak up the movement and the good parts. Honestly, I didn't miss being pregnant necessarily with DD, but I did miss having her with me all the time. There is something special about this, and I think I'm more able to enjoy that feeling now since I know this is likely my last time.

KikiCohen, I love your name choice. We thought about Gemma for awhile and I still like it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelalvillar06:
    imageEMF70:
    LOL at your "giant rack".nbsp; I just bought a 34B bra yesterday and felt ready for a Playboy photoshoot.nbsp; :
    Lol! I was just telling some people today that I'm a real B for the first time in my life!

haha! Me, too. My B cups are even starting to overflow. So weird.

I'm in that panicked phase where I don't feel I can do this and just cry.  

• I think it's more about taking that approach to life with children in general. You'll never be at this place in your life ever again. Your baby will never again be as tiny as it is now and once it's here everything changes. Enjoy it all because its gone before you know it and you're up all night with a 4 month old in a sleep regression and your dh has to work tomorrow and you're lost and confused. And then next week your baby is off to preschool. It's really about soaking up where you are right now.

Personally I love being pregnant. I love seeing my body change and feeling my baby move. I love dr appointments and the anticipation of everything. There is a special bond you can never describe.
  • imageBroadway11:

I did miss having her with me all the time. There is something special about this, and I think I'm more able to enjoy that feeling now since I know this is likely my last time.

This is exactly what I missed the first time around, and what I'm trying to savor this time. There's something wonderful about being able to "take your baby to work" and everywhere you have to go. Once they are here, and you go back to doing things alone after maternity leave is over, you miss it desperately. For me I didn't actually enjoy being pregnant (last time or this time) but I did enjoy this part. 

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageKikiCohen:
    I'm trying as much as possible, but being PgAL is ridiculously difficult emotionally, anyways.nbsp;

This is the same for me, especially now I've been diagnosed with more than one clotting disorder!
    However I am enjoying buying the girly baby clothes, and we went to ikea and looked for draws and wardrobe for the nursery, that was fun :
  • imagejegoffin:
    I think it's more about taking that approach to life with children in general. You'll never be at this place in your life ever again. Your baby will never again be as tiny as it is now and once it's here everything changes. Enjoy it all because its gone before you know it and you're up all night with a 4 month old in a sleep regression and your dh has to work tomorrow and you're lost and confused. And then next week your baby is off to preschool. It's really about soaking up where you are right now. Personally I love being pregnant. I love seeing my body change and feeling my baby move. I love dr appointments and the anticipation of everything. There is a special bond you can never describe.

This exactly. I love being in this moment even when things get intense and emotional. I have not had a pregnancy loss, but my husband passed away 2 years ago and so I understand the fear and doubt that come naturally after a loss. But somehow I am getting past that and really enjoying how my body changes and allowing myself to plan for a future. I feel prettier than I ever have before.

• imageAsbromle:
    I honestly love everything about it...aside from the worry that something could go wrong. So far I can't find anything I dislike about it...yet.

This was me with my first pregnancy and I think women who have had this experience often are the ones that say "enjoy your pregnancy". I can say that this time around isn't all sunshine and roses like the first but I'm feeling more energetic as of late so that's better. I also think it means that enjoy this life while you can before LO arrives. I'ts HARD the first month or more, and yes, many of you will miss your "old" lives from time to time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I am enjoying everything (maybe I'm crazy haha). I love feeling his kicks, talking to him, DH special attentions, everyone asking me ALL the time if I'm feeling ok of want to eat, drink, seat, lie down, etc... I LOVE my pregnant body and how I look in my pregnancy dresses. I love people touching my belly which is something I thought I would hate but I see that they do it sincerely wanting to experience what I am experiencing.

I also love all the cravings, eating healthy, caring about my sleep and pampering myself. I love knitting things for LO and reading pregnancy and childbirth books. I love maternity and baby shopping.

I think there are many many things to enjoy and they really overrule all the annoyance, of course I hate the heartburn, the constant feeling of going to pee, the horrible thirst, wetting my shirt by night (this is a new nasty one), back pain, not being able to breath normally, being slow, and so on... it's just that I can easily ignore them when I look at all those cute nice things to enjoy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Surprise BFP on 11/02/12 EDD 07/06/13 --> Express wedding on 12/29/2012 --> G was born on 07/15/13
    *Multicultural family raising a multilingual toddler: Spanish, Italian, Dutch and English

• imageAsbromle:
    I honestly love everything about it...aside from the worry that something could go wrong. So far I can't find anything I dislike about it...yet.

I am with you! I am really loving being pregnant!! I know a lot of people don't so I am thankful to feel the way I do. I love the movement, I love watching my belly grow :-)(not something I thought I'd EVER say) & the excitement of waiting to meet our lil one in July. I guess my only complaint is I haven't enjoyed the headaches I've had-but they aren't bad so I can't really complain!

Ask me this though again come June when it's hot here & I am as big as a house... may or may not feel the same way ;-) I am not a fan of "hot" weather when not pregnant & being pregnant during the summer may not be fun!?!?!? 

• imageBroadway11:

KikiCohen, I love your name choice. We thought about Gemma for awhile and I still like it.

Thank you!  We're obviously biased, but we love it :)

• Honestly, I love everything about it.  There were about two weeks when I was so miserable in the first trimester that I told H we might be "one and done", but once I passed that and got to this part I realized how much I love being pregnant.  I love how I feel, how I look (even though I'm the heaviest I've ever been and nothing fits me anymore).  I love how H looks at me and how excited he got when he felt the baby for the first time (yesterday!).  I love how excited I got when I felt the baby for the first time!  I love my mom referring to me as "Mama" now.  I love my SIL telling me she is so excited to become an aunt.  I love researching baby products. 

I even love the tough stuff, like having to eat super healthy and avoiding certain foods.  How hard it is to bend over and pick stuff up already.  Having to buy bras every few months because my boobs just will not stop growing... all of it is a silver lining to the fact that we are going to be parents.

In fact, just recently I started crying when I realized how big the baby is getting.  I am hitting 20 weeks in just 2 days and I feel like this pregnancy is going REALLY fast.  Each week that goes by I am so grateful for (PGAL as well here) but at the same time I find myself missing the week before.

So, I guess I'm very much enjoying it.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Oh where do I start LOL!  The month I got pregnant, I had just been in a serious car wreck and lost my job. Then comes the constant MS, round the clock. This time around, my placenta is lying in a right anterior location so I feel the baby move all the time, which I hardly felt a thing during my last pregnancy, it was full anterior. Last night, he was in there rolling and jumping, gosh! I LOVE the feeling! This time I am married to a man that is excited for this baby to come.  With DD, the 'donor' I call him was a worthless bum that made my pregnancy a living hell and I only had my Mom with me the whole way, which I treasure! I love watching DD talk to my belly and look forward to how they interact, she is going to be my big helper, I can tell already! I enjoy my big ole belly but my boobs! OMG! I had gotten down into a C cup and now, they are growing daily, Im in a DD and seem to be coming out of that bra that I've only had 2 months! I am trying to enjoy all of this because I am pretty sure I am done having children after this baby comes. I can't believe it seems like yesterday I was pregnant with DD and next year, she will be in kindegarten..time goes super fast after you have kids! Crying
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am one of the annnoying ones that truly loves it.

The first trimester sucked hard, but I still loved the idea that I was pregnant, telling people towards the end, not feeling guilty for laying around, not feeling guilty for eating all the bread and carbs I wanted, the excitement of finding out it was twins (after the shock wore off).

As the pregnancy progresses I hate not being able to breathe and the peeing, but I am obsessed with my big belly and can't wait to see how big it gets.  Not feeling much movement yet, but I love feeling all the movement.  I love how people treat me, how excited and sweet my husband is, how I can just let my stomach stick out and not feel self conscious.  I am one of those that feels more confident about my body pregnant than I did the last few years since I had gained 10 lbs and hated it.

Pregnancy just makes me feel special and I soak every bit of it up. I was a teen mom with my first and alone and people treated me like it was shameful, so having planned pregnancies as a married adult has been such a more pleasurable experience.

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"