TTC After a Loss
Options

~*^*~Healthy Living Check In~*^*~

Good Morning, Ladies!
Welcome to the Healthy Living Check-In! We're just a group of women who are striving to live healthier lives, whether that means losing weight, gaining weight, sticking to a specific diet, counting calories, avoiding counting calories, starting to exercise, continuing to exercise, or anything in between. If you're new, feel free to jump in and join us! We check in on Mondays and Wednesdays, with an accountability follow-up on Fridays (our favorite post of the week, because we love encouraging each other and celebrating all our successes!).
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Many of us are using MyFitnessPal to keep track of our eating and our exercise. MFP is a great tool to keep yourself accountable, and because it?s set up as a social network site, we can cheer you on there as well as here. If you?re using MFP and haven?t found us yet, let us know so we can friend you! (My name is the same over there as it is here, and the same goes for many of the ladies who participate in the check-ins.)
If you?re interested in participating in the TTCAL Healthy Living board on Pinterest, please either include a link to your page in your post, or send it to me in a PM so I can add you! The more, the merrier!
Let?s hear it!

THE GOOD:
THE BAD:
THE PROUD:
THE PLAN:
Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?

A Little Something Extra:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Started TTC June 2010
BFP #1
07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
TTA for 7 months
Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
TTC Again May 2014
Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
- All BFN's
SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ~*^*~Healthy Living Check In~*^*~

• Options
    THE GOOD:
    Not really a whole lot right now

THE BAD:
    I didn't eat so great this weekend.

THE PROUD:
    Still smoke free

THE PLAN:
    I have a dr. appointment this afternoon to talk about why despite what everything I'm doing and have been doing since the beginning of the year I'm not losing any weight.  

Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?
    I've been drinking 5 big glasses everyday lately.  It's still not quite as much as I should be drinking but it's better than I used to be.  I set an alarm on my phone to remind me once an hour.  Sometimes I'm in the middle of something though so I'll turn of the alarm and say I'll get a glass after I finish what I'm doing and then I don't actually do that.

In memory of Corbin Scott 10/28/11-12/3/11. Heaven got another angel the night you left this world behind Heaven got a little better the day it took you away from me Missing you tonight, see you again sometime For now I'll close my eyes and dream of heaven tonight I'll love you forever I'll like you for always Now and Forever My baby you'll be

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

corbinsmommy.blogspot.com

imageimage

• Options
    imagefluttergirlmoonchild79:
    THE GOOD:
    Not really a whole lot right now

THE BAD:
    I didn't eat so great this weekend.

THE PROUD:
    Still smoke free

THE PLAN:
    I have a dr. appointment this afternoon to talk about why despite what everything I'm doing and have been doing since the beginning of the year I'm not losing any weight.  

I've been drinking 5 big glasses everyday lately.  It's still not quite as much as I should be drinking but it's better than I used to be.  I set an alarm on my phone to remind me once an hour.  Sometimes I'm in the middle of something though so I'll turn of the alarm and say I'll get a glass after I finish what I'm doing and then I don't actually do that.
    I'm sorry that you had a rough weekend and the week isn't starting out so great. But I am so proud of you that you have remained smoke free. That is something to celebrate! Smile I hope that you have a good talk with your doctor and you guys can figure out why you aren't able to lose any weight. As for the water drinking, setting an alarm is a good idea. I really need to step up my water drinking habits. I think I'm in a constant state of dehydration.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    THE GOOD: I weighed myself this morning and I only went down 0.4lbs since last week. Which I was pleased with. I know that my weight will continue to fluctuate a bit and a small drop like that isn't bad. Hopefully it will be back up again next week!
    THE BAD: I've been craving chocolate chip cookies for a while now so when my sister was visiting over the weekend we made some. They are so good and completely hit the spot. I may have also eaten way too many in the 2 days I've had them in the house. Embarrassed
    THE PROUD: I did a workout yesterday morning! After 3 weeks of not doing anything, I consider that a success. I have also put it into my calendar for Tuesday and Thursday as well so I'm hoping to get 2 more in this week.
    THE PLAN: I really need to find more protein filled snacks and try adding more veggies into my days. I've been eating a lot of fruit but I want to keep it varied. Plus, fruit has a lot of sugar in it. I also want to keep up with the dance workouts I'm doing, as well as add in something exra. I know I'm a month late but I think I'm going to be starting the Fab Ab February challenge.
    QOTD: Water drinking is my downfall. I mostly just drink water, nothing else really, but my problem is not drinking enough. I'm pretty sure I'm walking around in a constant state of dehydration. I really need to up my liquid intake.
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    THE GOOD: I spent some time online this weekend looking for healthy new recipes so that I have lots of options, which for me, is a must have for when I'm trying to eat healthy.

THE BAD: I'm dreading going back to the gym. I know it's something I have to do if I want to meet my goals, but I hate it!

THE PROUD: Down 4lbs in one week of healthy eating and following the WW plan. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and not "cheating"

THE PLAN: I'm going to try really hard to go to the gym after work today. If I don't get there tonight, then I will go Wednesday since I'm off from work all day.

I love water, thankfully, so I drink probably 60 fl oz during the day at work, then probably another 40 or so between getting home from work and going to bed. When I'm feeling hungry, I drink a glass of water first, then if I'm still hungry afterwards, I eat something, but most of the time when I think I'm hungry, I'm just thirsty!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Options
    THE GOOD: I ran in a 5k on Sunday.   I finished in 33 minutes 11 seconds, which isn't great, but not horrible considering I haven't ran any sort of distance in about 7 months and it was 25 degrees out and snowing!

THE BAD: I wrecked my Whole30 yesterday :(  I'm so pissed at myself.  But I was tempted with gelato and macaron's.. two things I've always wanted to try but we don't have anywhere around where I live.  I gave in, and they were delicious. 

THE PROUD: Nothing right now.

THE PLAN: Instead of starting this Whole30 over, I'm going to just add a day or two.  I'll probably end up doing the Whole30 again though soon, with hopefully no cheats this time.

QOTD: I drink about 5-7 Liters of water a day. 3-4 while I'm at work from 8am-5pm, another 1 during my workout and the time I have between getting off work and my workout, and usually another 1, sometimes 2, after my workout before bed.  I don't usually have to remind myself, I just drink it.  
    9.08.12 BFP! | 11.01.12 MMC Discovered at 12 weeks| 11.06.12 D&C 
    11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    7.01.15 BFP#3| 10.06.15 TEAM BLUE!| EDD 3.02.16
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Options

Hi ladies! Mind if I join the party?

A little background: I lost 45lbs last year using MFP and had reached my GW. I stopped tracking right around the holidays (right after we had started TTC) and have had trouble gaining any traction since then. I've put back on 15lbs in 6 months, which fits right into my yo yo diet MO. After the loss, I'm determined to get my body back on track to be as healthy as I can for when we're trying again.

SO, if you'll have me...

The good: Feeling motivated and ready to get back at it!

The bad: The last 6 months? Seriously, it's like I just said "f this!" to all my hard work. But I'm determined to stop the slide now.

The proud: To be continued... hopefully I'm still feeling this ready to go on Friday!

The plan: Back to tracking everything on MFP! And now that we've got the basement set up, instead of sitting my arse watching Big Bang Theory reruns, I will watch Big Bang Theory reruns from my treadmill!

QOTD: My water intake is a huge deal. When I'm doing well, I drink 3-4L a day. When I'm not, it might be nothing, just coffee, tea and diet soda. It's a big psychological thing for me to get my water in!

Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    imagecpm1223:
    THE GOOD: I spent some time online this weekend looking for healthy new recipes so that I have lots of options, which for me, is a must have for when I'm trying to eat healthy.

THE BAD: I'm dreading going back to the gym. I know it's something I have to do if I want to meet my goals, but I hate it!

THE PROUD: Down 4lbs in one week of healthy eating and following the WW plan. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it and not "cheating"

THE PLAN: I'm going to try really hard to go to the gym after work today. If I don't get there tonight, then I will go Wednesday since I'm off from work all day.

I love water, thankfully, so I drink probably 60 fl oz during the day at work, then probably another 40 or so between getting home from work and going to bed. When I'm feeling hungry, I drink a glass of water first, then if I'm still hungry afterwards, I eat something, but most of the time when I think I'm hungry, I'm just thirsty!

I'm so glad that you found some time to research healthy recipes and are feeling motivated in that area. I always get excited about cooking and eating well when I have good recipes to inspire me.

Good job on sticking to your healthy eating and losing weight. You're off to a great start! And I hope you get to the gym tonight or Wednesday. You can do it! I will be asking how you did at the accountability check-in so that should be motivation to go at least once. Stick out tongue

I'm jealous of your water drinking habits. I need to drink more!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageashx3renee:
    THE GOOD: I ran in a 5k on Sunday.   I finished in 33 minutes 11 seconds, which isn't great, but not horrible considering I haven't ran any sort of distance in about 7 months and it was 25 degrees out and snowing!

THE BAD: I wrecked my Whole30 yesterday :(  I'm so pissed at myself.  But I was tempted with gelato and macaron's.. two things I've always wanted to try but we don't have anywhere around where I live.  I gave in, and they were delicious. 

THE PLAN: Instead of starting this Whole30 over, I'm going to just add a day or two.  I'll probably end up doing the Whole30 again though soon, with hopefully no cheats this time.

QOTD: I drink about 5-7 Liters of water a day. 3-4 while I'm at work from 8am-5pm, another 1 during my workout and the time I have between getting off work and my workout, and usually another 1, sometimes 2, after my workout before bed.  I don't usually have to remind myself, I just drink it.  

Good job on running a successful 5k on Sunday! I think that you should be proud that you finished it and not worry about the time it took. I'm impressed and slightly jealous. I wish I could run.

I'm so sorry that you cheated on your Whole30. Sad I hate how tempting food is, especially when it's a special treat. But I like that you are going to get back to it, that is motivation. You can do it!!!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imagePink021:
    Hi ladies,
    I've posted on this a few times, but not regularly so if you'll have me I'd like to join in with you more regurarly.

The Good: I feel motivated to exercise (as least now on monday morning)

The Bad: I didn't meet my goals last week for exercise (only did 200 minutes for the week)

The Plan: My current goal is to exercise 250 minutes per week (5 days a week 50 minutes or whatever if that doesn't work out). I am walking or trying different fitness dvds or wii.

As far as your bonus question - I do not drink enough water, and lately I have been drinking way too many calorie drinks (I gave up diet pop over a year ago, so anything I drink other than water has calories). I am trying to really think about it and drink more water. DH likes if there is tea, juice, lemonade, something around to drink, but I am going to stop that for a while because then I drink it too.

Of course you can join! We love new members and being able to encourage each other as we try to live a healthier life.

I'm glad that you are feeling motivated to get started and have already been working out. I think that 200 minutes last week is still pretty decent and I hope you can reach your goal of 250 this week. What kind of workouts do you do on your Wii?

I think that eliminating the unhealthy options in your house is a good idea. I also recommend getting a reusable water bottle that you can lug around with you everywhere you go. I also do better if I have a checklist on my desk. It helps give me a visual and inspire me to drink more while at work. I have yet to master at home though.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageSuzyQq02:

Hi ladies! Mind if I join the party?

A little background: I lost 45lbs last year using MFP and had reached my GW. I stopped tracking right around the holidays (right after we had started TTC) and have had trouble gaining any traction since then. I've put back on 15lbs in 6 months, which fits right into my yo yo diet MO. After the loss, I'm determined to get my body back on track to be as healthy as I can for when we're trying again.

SO, if you'll have me...

The good: Feeling motivated and ready to get back at it!

The bad: The last 6 months? Seriously, it's like I just said "f this!" to all my hard work. But I'm determined to stop the slide now.

The proud: To be continued... hopefully I'm still feeling this ready to go on Friday!

The plan: Back to tracking everything on MFP! And now that we've got the basement set up, instead of sitting my arse watching Big Bang Theory reruns, I will watch Big Bang Theory reruns from my treadmill!

QOTD: My water intake is a huge deal. When I'm doing well, I drink 3-4L a day. When I'm not, it might be nothing, just coffee, tea and diet soda. It's a big psychological thing for me to get my water in!

Welcome! We love being able to encourage and support others on this journey and I'm glad that you are joining in.

I'm glad that you have realized you need to get back to a healthier lifestyle and that you are feeling motivated to start. I'm sorry that the past 6 months have been rough and downhill slide, but I'm glad that you are putting a stop to it now.

Good luck with getting back into the habit of using MFP. And I love that you have found a way to still get to watch Big Bang theory but workout at the same time. Brilliant!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    THE GOOD: Still feeling movtivated to start over, despite the setback THE BAD: I've been sick. whatever. THE PROUD: I haven't eaten nearly as much crap as I thought i would the last couple of weeks-- skipped cheesecake and cookies at a baby shower, and haven't bought pastries at the grocery store SEVERAL times.   THE PLAN: Going back to weeks 1/2 of body revolution for a week to get back into it, and then I will move on to weeks 3 & 4.  I'm two weeks behind now, but am not punishing myself for it. Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?  Not enough, I'm sure.  Having water bottles filled and in the fridge, or with me when I'm out helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagePink021:

imagejenn0021:
    imagePink021:
    <div>Hi ladies, <br>I've posted on this a few times, but not regularly so if you'll have me I'd like to join in with you more regurarly. </div><p>The Good: I feel motivated to exercise (as least now on monday morning)</p><p>The Bad: I didn't meet my goals last week for exercise (only did 200 minutes for the week)</p><p>The Plan: My current goal is to exercise 250 minutes per week (5 days a week 50 minutes or whatever if that doesn't work out).  I am walking or trying different fitness dvds or wii. </p><p>As far as your bonus question - I do not drink enough water, and lately I have been drinking way too many calorie drinks (I gave up diet pop over a year ago, so anything I drink other than water has calories).    I am trying to really think about it and drink more water.  DH likes if there is tea, juice, lemonade, something around to drink, but I am going to stop that for a while because then I drink it too. </p><p>
    </p><p>Of course you can join! We love new members and being able to encourage each other as we try to live a healthier life. </p><p>I'm glad that you are feeling motivated to get started and have already been working out. I think that 200 minutes last week is still pretty decent and I hope you can reach your goal of 250 this week. What kind of workouts do you do on your Wii?</p><p>I think that eliminating the unhealthy options in your house is a good idea. I also recommend getting a reusable water bottle that you can lug around with you everywhere you go. I also do better if I have a checklist on my desk. It helps give me a visual and inspire me to drink more while at work. I have yet to master at home though.</p>

I do Dance Dance Revolution - there is "course work" where it just go like 5 songs in a row, which is nice rather than constantly stopping and seeing how you did.  I have Wii Fit but I haven't used that in a while, I don't think the exercise on that was of the quality I need...I tried a Zumba one, but it didn't play well on my TV.

I haev waterbottles, I just keep forgetting to use them, thanks for the reminder :) I do a lot better when I use them.

I've never tried Dance Dance Revolution. I'm doing my workouts on the Wii right now and have been using a Dance Workout from Gold's Gym. It's fun but not my all time favourite. I also have the WiiFit but haven't done much of the workouts on there. I'm glad you've found one that works for you. And keep taking those water bottles with you everywhere you go!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imagesfortin9075:
    THE GOOD: Still feeling movtivated to start over, despite the setback

THE BAD: I've been sick. whatever.

THE PROUD: I haven't eaten nearly as much crap as I thought i would the last couple of weeks-- skipped cheesecake and cookies at a baby shower, and haven't bought pastries at the grocery store SEVERAL times.  

THE PLAN: Going back to weeks 1/2 of body revolution for a week to get back into it, and then I will move on to weeks 3 & 4.  I'm two weeks behind now, but am not punishing myself for it.

Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?  Not enough, I'm sure.  Having water bottles filled and in the fridge, or with me when I'm out helps.

I hate that you've been sick but I'm glad that you are feeling motivated to start over. Does that mean you're finally feeling better? I think that being sick is a perfectly acceptable reason to not be doing as well with working out and eating.

I'm glad that you are still doing decently well with your eating and resisting the temptation to eat/buy any crap. Good for you! That is definitely something to be proud of. Good luck as you start your workout routine back up again.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options

THE GOOD: I am back on the diet train!
    THE BAD: I feel like a slug for the way I ate last week.
    THE PROUD: a client of mine asked if I'd lost weight! Made my day!
    THE PLAN: work out, eat right and stay positive.
    Question of the Day:
    I try to drink 4 bottles of water 8 cups. Sometimes I even drink more than that. I love water. And I'm trying to stop drinking soda. So its easy for me. But, I love to see the overflowing cup on myfitnesspal. It sorta motivates me.
    Trying for our first since April 2011
    BFP 10/4/2012. Due 6/11/13. M/C 11/3/12
    Diagnosed Hypothyroidism 9/4/13
    BFP #2 11/11/13 Due 7/24/14

Today, I am pregnant.  Today, I am happy.
    Everyone welcome
  • Options
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:

Good job on running a successful 5k on Sunday! I think that you should be proud that you finished it and not worry about the time it took. I'm impressed and slightly jealous. I wish I could run.

I'm so sorry that you cheated on your Whole30. Sad I hate how tempting food is, especially when it's a special treat. But I like that you are going to get back to it, that is motivation. You can do it!!!

This was my 3rd 5k and a little over a year ago if you would've told me I'd be able to run a 5k without feeling like I was going to die I would've told you you were nuts!  My boss had finally talked me into doing one in May of last year, so that winter I started going to the gym and running on the treadmill and then ran outside once it got nice out.  I did the Couch to 5k program that starts you out alternating 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, and then each week gradually builds you up to running more and more!  I bet something like that could work for you too! I ran my first 5K 6 months after I started training and did it in 26 minutes!  

11.25.13 BFP#2| 4.07.14 TEAM PINK!!!|EDD 8.8.14 Please be our Rainbow Charlotte Grace <3
    PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Options
    May I join? 

THE GOOD: I only went over my calorie goal once in the past week
    THE BAD:  I had McD' for lunch
    THE PROUD:  I joined a biggest loser competition with some girls I met on my previous BMB. 
    THE PLAN:  Start working out.  I asked DH to go to the gym with me so I could learn where everything is.  Then hopefully I will do it on my own.
    Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?  I'm terrible at this.  I never used to drink water.  Now I've been taking a big jug with me to bed, but I need to drink it during the day.  I just don't like water with my food.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Missed MC 11/17/10 Our little miracle born 1/27/12 Natural MC 7/19/12 Missed MC 1/22/13 Our family is complete DD 12/27/13
    Abnormal ANA, PAI-1 4G/4G homozygous

• Options

imageSaritaota614:
    THE GOOD: I am back on the diet train! THE BAD: I feel like a slug for the way I ate last week. THE PROUD: a client of mine asked if I'd lost weight! Made my day! THE PLAN: work out, eat right and stay positive. Question of the Day: I try to drink 4 bottles of water 8 cups. Sometimes I even drink more than that. I love water. And I'm trying to stop drinking soda. So its easy for me. But, I love to see the overflowing cup on myfitnesspal. It sorta motivates me.

Good job on getting back onto the diet train! I'm sure it must feel good. I'm sorry you ate badly last week and are now feeling sluggish, but hopefully you will remember this feeling next time you are tempted to cheat. Stick out tongue

Being asked by a client if you've lost weight is fabulous! That must feel so awesome. Congrats!!!

I'm impressed with your daily water intake. And I feel like a little loser now that I didn't even know that cup on MFP would overflow. I obviously don't drink enough water if I never discovered that!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageashx3renee:
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:

This was my 3rd 5k and a little over a year ago if you would've told me I'd be able to run a 5k without feeling like I was going to die I would've told you you were nuts!  My boss had finally talked me into doing one in May of last year, so that winter I started going to the gym and running on the treadmill and then ran outside once it got nice out.  I did the Couch to 5k program that starts you out alternating 60 seconds running, 90 seconds walking, and then each week gradually builds you up to running more and more!  I bet something like that could work for you too! I ran my first 5K 6 months after I started training and did it in 26 minutes!  

Wow, you are definitely an inspiration to me! I'm such a lazy little bum. I started the couch to 5k program almost 2 years ago now and quit after a week. I'm embarassed to admit it but it's true. I would love to have the will power to actually stick to it though. Maybe once the weather is a little nicer here, I might start it up again. I don't have access to a treadmill so I have to do my walking/jogging outside. I really would love to run a 5k.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imagebuckeyebride22:
    May I join? 

THE GOOD: I only went over my calorie goal once in the past week
    THE BAD:  I had McD' for lunch
    THE PROUD:  I joined a biggest loser competition with some girls I met on my previous BMB. 
    THE PLAN:  Start working out.  I asked DH to go to the gym with me so I could learn where everything is.  Then hopefully I will do it on my own.
    Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?  I'm terrible at this.  I never used to drink water.  Now I've been taking a big jug with me to bed, but I need to drink it during the day.  I just don't like water with my food.

Of course you can join! We love new members. Smile

Good job on sticking to your calorie goal last week, that is definitely something to be proud of. And I think it's awesome that you have joined a Biggest Loser challenge. You can do it!

I hope that you can learn your way around the gym in no time and that you are feeling more at ease when working out soon. Good job on taking that step. I think that as long as you are making progress with your water intake, than you should be celebrating each small step. Try increasing your goal weekly and just sticking to smaller attainable goals each day.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:

Wow, you are definitely an inspiration to me! I'm such a lazy little bum. I started the couch to 5k program almost 2 years ago now and quit after a week. I'm embarassed to admit it but it's true. I would love to have the will power to actually stick to it though. Maybe once the weather is a little nicer here, I might start it up again. I don't have access to a treadmill so I have to do my walking/jogging outside. I really would love to run a 5k.

You can definitely do it! You just have to find the motivation and stick with it.  If you can, find a friend who will do it with you!  That always helps me stay motivated.  Also, I stayed exactly on schedule at the beginning, but if I felt that I wasn't ready to move on the next "week", I would repeat the week I was just on before moving on.  I'd then continue to do that week's running until I was no longer struggling with it and then would go on to the next week.  I also downloaded the app on to my phone and it tells you when to walk and run so you don't have to worry about timing it.  It also maps your distance so you know how far you made it! :) 

PgAL/PAL always welcome
    imageimage

• Options
    imageashx3renee:
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:
    imagejenn0021:
    imageashx3renee:

You can definitely do it! You just have to find the motivation and stick with it.  If you can, find a friend who will do it with you!  That always helps me stay motivated.  Also, I stayed exactly on schedule at the beginning, but if I felt that I wasn't ready to move on the next "week", I would repeat the week I was just on before moving on.  I'd then continue to do that week's running until I was no longer struggling with it and then would go on to the next week.  I also downloaded the app on to my phone and it tells you when to walk and run so you don't have to worry about timing it.  It also maps your distance so you know how far you made it! :) 

Thanks for the encouragement, maybe I will give it a try again come April. And I like the idea of having an app on the phone to tell you when to walk or run, I hated having to time myself. I don't have a cool phone but DH does, so I might borrow his.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    THE GOOD: Working out still!

THE BAD: I carbo-loaded for lunch and am so bloated right now.

THE PROUD: I have a basic meal plan for the week together!

THE PLAN: Stick to my meal plan.

I drink a crap ton of water every day. I think I have at least 120 oz. a day. I just fill my cup up with water whenever I pass the kitchen at work. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Options
    imagecpm1223:

I'm happy to hear about another TTCAL member doing WW! DH and I are doing it together and we are cooking our first recipe tonight! Awesome about sticking to the plan!  

"Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    THE GOOD: This is the first week of WW for DH and I and we are both super excited about it! We are actually making our first WW recipe tonight (lemon chicken)! I have been staying pretty true to the points since I started Friday and actually had two salads this weekend which is unheard of in my life.

THE BAD: I did have 3 cranberry and vodkas this weekend when we went out and sampled a few of the chips that were on the table. Bar food is such a weakness for me, but instead of my usual Long Island I had the cranberry vodkas.

THE PROUD: I am just proud of both DH and I for really following through with signing up and starting off on the right foot this week with cooking. I think having us do it together is going to be the deciding factor on this working.

THE PLAN: Continuing to track what I eat, get in my 5 workouts this week (even just if it is 20 minutes on Wii), and drinking water! I'm feeling really optimistic!

Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?
    I take my 32 oz Nalgene to work and drink one of those during the day and then one when I come home so 64 oz total. I feel like it is helping keep my snacking down and when I feel like I want to eat I drink water! 
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    imageLiaMadi1:
    THE GOOD: This is the first week of WW for DH and I and we are both super excited about it! We are actually making our first WW recipe tonight (lemon chicken)! I have been staying pretty true to the points since I started Friday and actually had two salads this weekend which is unheard of in my life.

THE BAD: I did have 3 cranberry and vodkas this weekend when we went out and sampled a few of the chips that were on the table. Bar food is such a weakness for me, but instead of my usual Long Island I had the cranberry vodkas.

THE PROUD: I am just proud of both DH and I for really following through with signing up and starting off on the right foot this week with cooking. I think having us do it together is going to be the deciding factor on this working.

THE PLAN: Continuing to track what I eat, get in my 5 workouts this week (even just if it is 20 minutes on Wii), and drinking water! I'm feeling really optimistic!

Question of the Day: How much water do you drink on a daily basis? Is it enough? How do you remind yourself to drink more water?
    I take my 32 oz Nalgene to work and drink one of those during the day and then one when I come home so 64 oz total. I feel like it is helping keep my snacking down and when I feel like I want to eat I drink water! 

If you're looking for a lighter cocktail, I like to have vodka and soda with just a splash of cran juice and extra limes. It gives you the bubbles but cuts the sugar from the juice by a bunch. Its especially good with stoli bluberri, but bars don't always have it.  You're already doing a great job swapping out the long islands, but thought I'd offer another yummy alternative!

Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Options
    imageSuzyQq02:
    imageLiaMadi1:

If you're looking for a lighter cocktail, I like to have vodka and soda with just a splash of cran juice and extra limes. It gives you the bubbles but cuts the sugar from the juice by a bunch. Its especially good with stoli bluberri, but bars don't always have it.  You're already doing a great job swapping out the long islands, but thought I'd offer another yummy alternative!

wonderful idea! Thanks for the input on some lighter cocktails! 

• Options
    imageScarlettDahlia:
    THE GOOD: Working out still!

THE BAD: I carbo-loaded for lunch and am so bloated right now.

THE PROUD: I have a basic meal plan for the week together!

THE PLAN: Stick to my meal plan.

I drink a crap ton of water every day. I think I have at least 120 oz. a day. I just fill my cup up with water whenever I pass the kitchen at work. 

I'm glad that you are continuing to work out! Good job! And woohoo for making up a meal plan for the next week. Good luck sticking to it. I find it so much easier to eat well if I have a plan in place.

I'm impressed with your water consumption. I wish I could be that good.

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageIgoo0304:

Sorry I'm late today! 

THE GOOD: I worked out 6 days last week (my goal was 4-5).

THE BAD: I ate horribly Saturday and felt gross all day Sunday because of it.

THE PROUD: I lost another 1.5 lb, for a total of 24.1!

THE PLAN: Keep up the eating and working out, and remember how crappy I felt Sunday when I overdid it on sodium and carbs.

QOTD: I try to drink around 80 ml of water. That seems like my best amount for avoiding bloat, hunger, and thirst. 

Wow, good job on working out 6 days last week! That is impressive! Keep it up. Smile

I'm sorry that you ate badly on Saturday but hopefully you will remember how crappy you felt and keep that in mind next time you are tempted to do it again. I love the progress you are making with your weight loss, it must feel great!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageleopardgurl831:
    Since I'm not doing so hot on my own I need to start joining in and being accountable.

THE GOOD: DH and I joined a gym last monday and as of today I decided I should start logging in myfitnesspal again.  (My username is the same)

THE BAD: Apparently I have been over eating because I only have 182 calories for the day!  Tomorrow I will have to plan what I pack.

THE PROUD: I worked out 3 times last week.

THE PLAN: Workout 3-4 times a week and start tracking in myfitnesspal.  I would like to loose 7 lbs.

I normally drink around 8 glasses a day.  I keep a 24 oz water bottle on my desk so I always have water near me.  I don't really remind myself, just have to keep water readly avaiable and I will drink it.

Welcome! We love new members and being able to encourage each other. I hope you find the support and motivation you are looking for.

Good job on joining a gym and working out 3 times last week. That is awesome for the first week! I also think tracking your food in MFP is a good idea and will help keep you aware of how many calories you're eating.

Good luck this week on working out and tracking your food. I'll be checking in on how you did come Friday!

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

• Options
    imageLiaMadi1:

I'm really glad that you and your DH are feeling so motivated with starting up WW. And it sounds like you've had a good week so far. How did the lemon chicken turn out? I love that you are doing this together.

I'll be checking in on you on Friday, to see if you got those 5 workouts in and have been eating well! So you better be. Stick out tongue

Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    TTA for 7 months
    TTC Again May 2014
    - All BFN's

TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"