Multiples

Feeding twins in RnPs?

I've been tandem bottle feeding, EPing, my 3 week old twins in their RnPs when I'm alone with them and it seems to be working pretty well. They seem to be sitting up enough, but my question is, is this alright? I haven't heard of other MoMs doing this so I wasn't sure if it was somehow unsafe or not good for the babies? Thank you!

Re: Feeding twins in RnPs?

• I did it that way, and it worked out well!  I would recommend swapping who is in each side (if that makes sense) just do that they are turning the head different ways. 

You might also think about getting a boppy noggin nest as well-we did with ours.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I never tandem fed, always wanted them to be held and feel the closeness.
  • Loading the player...
  • I used to put them in their boppys on either side of me on the floor and would feed them while I was pumping.  Like pp said, I would rotate which baby was on which side so they weren't always turning their heads the same way. It worked for us! :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I used the RnP as well, but would hold one and puttheother in there, then rotate at the next feeding. Once they got bigger, I started using the boppy. I might have a celebration party the day they hold their own bottles :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNmschultz:
    I used the RnP as well, but would hold one and puttheother in there, then rotate at the next feeding. Once they got bigger, I started using the boppy. I might have a celebration party the day they hold their own bottles :)

I literally just finished feeding my boys like this but I have fed them while they were both in their RnPs as well... if they are patient though - I like to feed them individually while holding them but that only happens once or twice a day before my husband comes home and then we each take a baby for feedings. 

• During the day, I use boppies (for one at least, as bottle feed one while I BF the other), but at night, they both get pumped milk bottles and i totally use the rnp's.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• jcathjcath member
    I fed them most of the time in the RnP's with a propped bottle. My girls got held a ton - I wasn't worried about them not having time in people's arms and it was the most expedient way to get them fed.  We had no problem with it and neither did my pediatrician.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feed in the RnPs sometimes, but generally I sit on the floor and feed them while they are in podsters (similar to boppys but I like them better).  I don't tandem feed much since DD needs to eat more frequently, but when I do both options work well.
    DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"