TTC After a Loss

Opk question

Anyone using them, do you test in the am and in the pm?

Thanks!
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Opk question

• I use them -- Wondfos from Amazon.   I got 50 OPKs 20 HPTs for like $25.    

I use them in the AM starting at about CD10, and use one a day until I see the line start to get darker.  Then I do two a day until I get a positive (test line as dark or darker than the control line).  I keep doing two a day until I see the line start to fade back out (which happens pretty quickly for me).   I probably use 5-7 tests per cycle. 

imageDSC_9275  image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAvion22:
    I use them Wondfos from Amazon. nbsp; I got 50 OPKs 20 HPTs for like 25. nbsp; nbsp;I use them in the AM starting at about CD10, and use one a day until I see the line start to get darker. nbsp;Then I do two a day until I get a positive test line as dark or darker than the control line. nbsp;I keep doing two a day until I see the line start to fade back out which happens pretty quickly for me. nbsp; I probably use 57 tests per cycle.nbsp;

Ok. Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should be testing at a certain time or how many times a day! Thanks for telling me about amazon! That's so cheap. I paid 35 for 20 clear blue tests!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemjester1:
    imageAvion22:
    I use them Wondfos from Amazon. nbsp; I got 50 OPKs 20 HPTs for like 25. nbsp; nbsp;I use them in the AM starting at about CD10, and use one a day until I see the line start to get darker. nbsp;Then I do two a day until I get a positive test line as dark or darker than the control line. nbsp;I keep doing two a day until I see the line start to fade back out which happens pretty quickly for me. nbsp; I probably use 57 tests per cycle.nbsp;
    Ok. Thanks. I wasn't sure if I should be testing at a certain time or how many times a day! Thanks for telling me about amazon! That's so cheap. I paid 35 for 20 clear blue tests!

I also did them in the morning, but I believe most ladies here do them in early afternoon for better results.  Many test twice a day, even, once the line starts getting darker, to ensure they don't miss their surge.

Also, check out wondfo HPTs on amazon, too.  Also dirt cheap, and more sensitive than most store-bought tests.

GL.

PAIF/SAIF, PGAL/PAL welcome.
    TTC since March 2010 ~ Dx Unexplained IF September 2011
    2011: IUI + Clomid = CP#1
    2012: 3 more IUIs + Clomid = 3 more CPs. One on-our-own pg, also CP
    2013: BTB IUI + Lupron/Follistim/Prometrium/PIO = CP #6
    IF testing, RPL testing, Autoimmune testing = all normal
    So lost.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imageRedPhoenix625:

imagemjester1:
    imageAvion22:

I also did them in the morning, but I believe most ladies here do them in early afternoon for better results.  Many test twice a day, even, once the line starts getting darker, to ensure they don't miss their surge.

Also, check out wondfo HPTs on amazon, too.  Also dirt cheap, and more sensitive than most store-bought tests.

GL.

Ok. I will check those out too! Thanks!
  • imagesnegde:
    Nope. Absolutely no one is using them here.

I meant this as in if you are using them could you please answer my question, that's all. I know a lot of ladies are using them.
  • imagesnegde:
    imagemjester1:
    imagesnegde:
    I meant this as in if you are using them could you please answer my question, that's all. I know a lot of ladies are using them.
    I know what you meant. But after your AWing, white knighting, and DDing on TTGP and your bizarre posts on the m/c board. I really think you need to heed the advice given and lurk and support others a little bit. Additionally some bonus advice, free of charge, if you are TTA at the moment then temping and charting will be more beneficial to determine if and when you ovulate than OPKs.

I agree with Snedge -- however, OPKs are a good compliment to temping and charting.   Just remember that OPKs will tell you that your hormones are gearing up to ovulate, but the only way to CONFIRM ovulation is with a temp increase.  Having said that, a lot of ladies use both so they can have a better idea of what their bodies are doing.  There's nothing wrong with using OPKs if you're TTA.

Also....I think this goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway....if you aren't ready to get pregnant yet (doctor hasn't cleared you after your loss, or whatever), then charting shouldn't be your only means of avoiding pregnancy.  It's really easy to misinterpret or get your timing wrong or whatever, especially in the first few months before you know what your body is doing.   BUT, it's definitely a good idea to chart while TTA to get an idea of how your body works so when you ARE ready to TTC you can hit the ground running.

Hope this helps.  

imageDSC_9275  image

• imagesnegde:
    imagemjester1:
    imagesnegde:

I know what you meant.

But after your AWing, white knighting, and DDing on TTGP and your bizarre posts on the m/c board. I really think you need to heed the advice given and lurk and support others a little bit.

Additionally some bonus advice, free of charge, if you are TTA at the moment then temping and charting will be more beneficial to determine if and when you ovulate than OPKs.

I'm trying to put that behind me. So can it please not be brought up. I'm not sure what I posted that was bizarre on the mc board

Thanks for the info about charting. I was trying that but I can't seem to stay asleep long enough to be able to do it. I thought you need to sleep 4 straight hours? Thanks again for the advice.
  • imageAvion22:

imagesnegde:
    imagemjester1:
    imagesnegde:

I know what you meant.

But after your AWing, white knighting, and DDing on TTGP and your bizarre posts on the m/c board. I really think you need to heed the advice given and lurk and support others a little bit.

Additionally some bonus advice, free of charge, if you are TTA at the moment then temping and charting will be more beneficial to determine if and when you ovulate than OPKs.

I agree with Snedge -- however, OPKs are a good compliment to temping and charting.   Just remember that OPKs will tell you that your hormones are gearing up to ovulate, but the only way to CONFIRM ovulation is with a temp increase.  Having said that, a lot of ladies use both so they can have a better idea of what their bodies are doing.  There's nothing wrong with using OPKs if you're TTA.

Also....I think this goes without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway....if you aren't ready to get pregnant yet (doctor hasn't cleared you after your loss, or whatever), then charting shouldn't be your only means of avoiding pregnancy.  It's really easy to misinterpret or get your timing wrong or whatever, especially in the first few months before you know what your body is doing.   BUT, it's definitely a good idea to chart while TTA to get an idea of how your body works so when you ARE ready to TTC you can hit the ground running.

Hope this helps.  

Thanks : I tried chatting just to see the temp rise but kept messing up. We have one more cycle to wait until we can officially try. I was just trying to figure some stuff out. We are use other prevention for now.
  • I've always heard that you want to sleep for 3 hours before taking your temp.  There were a few threads about this recently...without rehashing everything, we seem to fall into a few different camps:

1.  People who sleep through the night, wake up once (either naturally or to an alarm at the same time every morning), and temp then

2.  People who wake up often, and will temp as long as they have been asleep for more than 3 hours.  Then they roll back over and try to go back to sleep.  (This is me, for the record).

3.  People who work weird shifts and just temp as best they can using the three-hour rule, regardless of whether it's 3am or 3pm that they are temping.   

I think the most important thing is being as consistent as you can, and doing your best to temp at the same time or after 3 hours of sleep, whatever you can manage with your lifestyle.  Honestly, it's probably not something to get really stressed out over.  Most of us with "unconventional" temp timing can still see a really obvious temp shift around O, and that's all that really matters.   

imageDSC_9275  image

• This was my 1st cycle post AF after D&C and I decided to get to know OPKs. I plan to start charting next cycle. I used the Answer brand and the Clear Blue Digitals, started testing on CD 10. I got a smiley face on the CB only for CD 12, and positives for Answer from CD 12-16. I had anticipated I would ovulate around CD 14.

Because I had extra strips that would need to be thrown out, I decided to try Answer 3 times a day and would get positives with FMU and at 1:30 but negative at night. I have no idea how likely that is, or what it would mean. Once I got a negative CD 17, threw out the remaining strips, and my plan is to go with Wondfos next cycle, as well as temp and chart.

Good luck to you! 

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• imageAvion22:

I've always heard that you want to sleep for 3 hours before taking your temp.  There were a few threads about this recently...without rehashing everything, we seem to fall into a few different camps:

1.  People who sleep through the night, wake up once (either naturally or to an alarm at the same time every morning), and temp then

2.  People who wake up often, and will temp as long as they have been asleep for more than 3 hours.  Then they roll back over and try to go back to sleep.  (This is me, for the record).

3.  People who work weird shifts and just temp as best they can using the three-hour rule, regardless of whether it's 3am or 3pm that they are temping.   

I think the most important thing is being as consistent as you can, and doing your best to temp at the same time or after 3 hours of sleep, whatever you can manage with your lifestyle.  Honestly, it's probably not something to get really stressed out over.  Most of us with "unconventional" temp timing can still see a really obvious temp shift around O, and that's all that really matters.   

I fall in the #2 camp and can still see a very clear temp shift.  

I did want to add on OPKs - most OPKs instructions tell you to test in the afternoon and not to use FMU.  LH builds up during the day.  I test between 2 and 4 pm depending on how long I've held my urine.  I have a very short surge so if it looks even close to positive then I test again that evening/night.  

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • imageAvion22:
    I've always heard that you want to sleep for 3 hours before taking your temp. nbsp;There were a few threads about this recently...without rehashing everything, we seem to fall into a few different camps:1. nbsp;People who sleep through the night, wake up once either naturally or to an alarm at the same time every morning, and temp then2. nbsp;People who wake up often, and will temp as long as they have been asleep for more than 3 hours. nbsp;Then they roll back over and try to go back to sleep. nbsp;This is me, for the record.nbsp;3. nbsp;People who work weird shifts and just temp as best they can using the threehour rule, regardless of whether it's 3am or 3pm that they are temping. nbsp;nbsp;I think the most important thing is being as consistent as you can, and doing your best to temp at the same time or after 3 hours of sleep, whatever you can manage with your lifestyle. nbsp;Honestly, it's probably not something to get really stressed out over. nbsp;Most of us with "unconventional" temp timing can still see a really obvious temp shift around O, and that's all that really matters. nbsp;nbsp;

Ok. I will start this next cycle! Thanks :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"