April 2013 Moms

ICP

Does anyone have this or know someone who had it? I'm going to call my OB about it just to be safe but I was wondering if what I have been experiencing sounds like it might be ICP. I wake up in the middle of the night because I'm so terribly itchy... All over. My head, my back, and just last night it started on the bottoms of my feet. I don't have a rash and I don't think it's dry skin only because of the locations of the itching. I do take pretty warm showers every day and it is winter so I guess it could be dry skin. The feet itching is what really made me nervous. My blood pressure is normal and everything else seems to be fine. Any thoughts?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: ICP

• Sorry I am not much help here, just had to come read it bc I thought it was going to be a rant about Insane Clown Posse. haha!

But, are you drinking enough water? I get itchy on weekends (and Mondays) bc I don't drink enough water when I'm home. The rest of the work week is fine bc I drink a boat load at my desk all day.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

• imageTnArichmond:
    Sorry I am not muchnbsp;help here, just had to come read it bc I thought it was going to be a rant about Insane Clown Posse. haha!
    But, are you drinking enough water? I get itchy on weekends and Mondays bc I don't drink enough water when I'm home. The rest of the work week is fine bc I drink a boat load at my desk all day.

Haha! Me too! I definitely thought someone was talking about ICP the group and juggalos and what not.
    DD 4/3/04 & #2 EDD April 21, 2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally forgot about the music group, they creep me out.

I feel like I drink enough water but I will try drinking more and see what happens.
  • imagemrsbea:
    imageTnArichmond:
    Sorry I am not muchnbsp;help here, just had to come read it bc I thought it was going to be a rant about Insane Clown Posse. haha! But, are you drinking enough water? I get itchy on weekends and Mondays bc I don't drink enough water when I'm home. The rest of the work week is fine bc I drink a boat load at my desk all day.
    Haha! Me too! I definitely thought someone was talking about ICP the group and juggalos and what not.

Me three. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Try more water, I noticed that my need for water has increased recently and my skin is dry regardless of the humidity levels outside.  I have even had to start using oil on my skin and lanolin on the sensitive parts:)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • What is ICP?  I get itchy on the bottoms of my feet sometimes and the only thing that will help is to put ice packs on my feet.  I don't know why it helps but it does.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageTnArichmond:
    Sorry I am not much help here, just had to come read it bc I thought it was going to be a rant about Insane Clown Posse. haha!

Ha! That's the first thing I thought too! I've never heard of ICP in medical terms...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I googled itchy feet in pregnancy and ICP was one of the options.... I know, I know, googling is bad. Anyway, it's a sign of a liver problem which can lead to pre term labor or in extreme cases stillbirth.
  • Oops, I read it as Intercranial Pressure. Clearly I know too many people who have had extreme head injuries!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had similar symptoms (including itchy palms and feet which is a ICP symptom) and thought it was ICP, however it turned out to be PUPPPS, which is another pregnancy rash. It's not dangerous like ICP, just really itchy and annoying. Maybe it could be that?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"