Multiples

BTDT same sex clothing

About how many onsies/outfits did you have for you same sex twins or more? I keep reading about singletons obviously and how many changes a day you need for them... but dont I really only need about 1.5 as much? Bottom line what do I need clothes wise so Im not at the store every few months or weeks for more clothes?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: BTDT same sex clothing

• It really depends on how often you plan to do laundry. In the beginning, expect a lot of blow-outs and leaks and all that fun stuff. We were probably doing laundry every other day for the first several weeks/months. Now I try to make sure I have about a week's worth of clothing/misc for each child, with a few spares, just in case.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My boys don't spit up and very rarely have blow outs, so we really only use 1 outfit a day. Sometimes, they wear the same outfit for 2 days. Yep haha. I do laundry once a week and have about 20 onesies, 7 pants and 10 pjs. It's really warm in our apartment, so they are almost always in a onesie.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I should add that in the summertime, I have never put my babies in pants (well, maybe once), just onesies. So don't waste your money on a bunch of pants, they really don't need them unless it is cold or until they start crawling (to protect their little knees).
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageyinyang124:
    My boys don't spit up and very rarely have blow outs, so we really only use 1 outfit a day. Sometimes, they wear the same outfit for 2 days. Yep haha. I do laundry once a week and have about 20 onesies, 7 pants and 10 pjs. It's really warm in our apartment, so they are almost always in a onesie.

This. We use bibs to help with spit ups and have only ever had 1 blow out. I am obsessed with boy clothes so we have a tad bit more for certain ages but for the most part this is accurate for us.

• imageyinyang124:
    My boys don't spit up and very rarely have blow outs, so we really only use 1 outfit a day. Sometimes, they wear the same outfit for 2 days. Yep haha. I do laundry once a week and have about 20 onesies, 7 pants and 10 pjs. It's really warm in our apartment, so they are almost always in a onesie.

Gross. 

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • In the beginning they wore pjs all the time and got changed after spit UPS and blow outs. It all depends on how often you plan to do laundry. I'd say for newborn/0-3 you would want 6-8 outfits (onesies or pjs) per day. 3-6 mo 4 pjs plus 4-6 outfits per day. 6mo and up 2 pjs plus 4 outfits per day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our boys had reflux so they would often go through 2-3 outfits/day (plus lots of bibs!) as infants. At some stages I needed about twice as many outfits as for a singleton; other times I didn't need *quite* that much. Overall though over the past 4 years I've found it helpful to have two kids' worth of clothes. ;) I'm not sure how the 1.5 thing would really work out practically unless you do laundry all the time ... or if your estimated need for 1 kid is really high. ;)
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

• imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

Her twins aren't here yet.  She'll learn...

Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMuseumMaven:
    imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

Lol.....yup.....
  • imagemarchesa28:
    imageMuseumMaven:
    imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

Lol.....yup.....

Agreed!  We do the same... if they manage not to spit up on their onesie and only their bib, it stays until bath time which is every 2 to 3 days per our pediatrician.  Problem is outfits are lucky to last longer than a day but they have a few times... 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have like 10 SnPs we rotate thru. Like PP, if its clean, it goes two days. That rarely happens, but that's our routine. I do a load of laundry almost daily, so we never end up being low on clothes...but I am kinda sick of them. Ready for them to grow into the next size so I can get sick of all of those outfits!!
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMuseumMaven:
    imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

When my parents came to visit after we had DS1 they made a big deal about changing him into pajamas every night.  MH and I were like, uh,  he's wearing a one-piece cotton outfit that's clean and now you're putting him in a new one because he might sleep for 3 hours?  My mom is coming to stay for 3 weeks when the twins get here so I can only imagine how many different outfits she'll have them in! 

• Not to mention that most itty bitty babies don't like to be cold so changing an outfit just to be in "pjs" makes them scream lol. By 6wks I think I started pjs for night time but only if not a bath night or they weren't put on  in last few hrs.
  • I have about a dozen onsies 0-3 and 12 AnA blankets (total), but haven't gotten any SnP in the 0-3 size.

Husband thinks babies will just be in diapers in a blanket during the summer, and I'm going to let him in on the Adult+1 layer rule. With that said I know I need to do some more shopping!

We plan on doing laundry daily to keep up with the CDs. So a throwing a few onsies and dirty bibs in with husbands clothes that day won't be bad if even a full load. So that isn't a huge concern. I just wanted to make sure I didn't HAVE to wash every day if it gets chaotic. I need some cushion.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageBrummy14:
    We have like 10 SnPs we rotate thru. Like PP, if its clean, it goes two days. That rarely happens, but that's our routine. I do a load of laundry almost daily, so we never end up being low on clothes...but I am kinda sick of them. Ready for them to grow into the next size so I can get sick of all of those outfits!!

Haha, I was saying the same thing the other day! I find myself putting mine in some 6 month clothes that are a tad big only bc I'm sick of the same 3 month outfits :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMuseumMaven:
    imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

Very true. :)

• imagemacchiatto:
    imageMuseumMaven:
    imageyinyang124:
    imageCinnamon Haze:

imageyinyang124:

Gross. 

Really? 

Very true. :)

haha, i was totally thinking the same thing.  

baby is in clean outfit?  good to go!

although it was actually more like - baby in outfit that is not actively wet/smelling/has no poop? good to go! a little bit of dried spitup never hurt anyone :)

• imageCorleyrae:

I have about a dozen onsies 0-3 and 12 AnA blankets (total), but haven't gotten any SnP in the 0-3 size.

Husband thinks babies will just be in diapers in a blanket during the summer, and I'm going to let him in on the Adult+1 layer rule. With that said I know I need to do some more shopping!

We plan on doing laundry daily to keep up with the CDs. So a throwing a few onsies and dirty bibs in with husbands clothes that day won't be bad if even a full load. So that isn't a huge concern. I just wanted to make sure I didn't HAVE to wash every day if it gets chaotic. I need some cushion.

get some snp for sure.  i liked the zip kind.  we didnt have them in just onesies very much at all (ever?) but where i live its not super hot in the summer.

• imagesomewhereincali:
    imageCorleyrae:

I have about a dozen onsies 0-3 and 12 AnA blankets (total), but haven't gotten any SnP in the 0-3 size.

get some snp for sure.  i liked the zip kind.  we didnt have them in just onesies very much at all (ever?) but where i live its not super hot in the summer.

Yeah, I agree with this. It does get hot in the summers here but I had January babies and those first few months we just didn't use onesies much. I think by the time summer rolled around I still usually put them in a onesie and shorts, or a one-piece shorts outfit.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"