Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

17 m/o screaming bloody murder in middle of night?

Hi all

My DD has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks (we got lucky) and with the exception of a cold or 2 and night of teething, this is how it has always been.... up until the last few weeks.

She has been waking 1-4 times a night every few nights and it is like she is still asleep, but screaming out in absolute pain/terror/frustration.  we haven't been able to pinpoint it.

It happens at different times in the night and pretty sporatically... I've even tracked what we feed her in the day, thinking maybe something is giving her discomfort... there has been no solid pattern.

Has anyone else had this issue?  Any advice?  TIA

*Life Is What You Make It!*

Re: 17 m/o screaming bloody murder in middle of night?

• Night terrors?

• DD has done this twice and I thought that it was teething for her. Some snuggling and Tylenol made it better.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePsyDr04:
    Night terrors?

My DD had these. It was so scary because even thos she would be sitting up screaming it was like she would look right thru you. Then we would hold her, rock her, talk to her...anything and she just couldnt calm down. A friend of mine told me that if you give them a popsicle or something cold it snaps them out of it and they calm down. I never tried it though because thankfully they stopped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • imagekrptcmschfmkr128:
    I second teeth or nightmares. DD does this occasionally. She will also sit right up, talk, then lay back down and go to sleep.

this for me too. Advil worked for us 1/2 hr before bedtime

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • Welcome to the world of night terrors. You can try placing a night light in her room, but there really is nothing you can do. This can last a couple of months or several years. Your LO will outgrow it. Just be there to comfort
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • My 13mth old started doing this also and we can't figure out why. It gets to the point where when we pick him up to comfort him, he tries to hit and kick us. But then after a few seconds he calms. I will definitely try the cold manouver to see if that will work the next time. I've tried the Tylenol and that works so far after a few minutes of taking it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"