January 2013 Moms

How's everyone's skin doing?

My skin seems to do better when I'm pregnant, than when I'm not.  It's supposed to be the other way around, I think.  When I'm pregnant my skin is super clear.  Now that I'm not I'm back to having tiny bumps on my forehead. No

How's everyone else's skin doing postpartum?

I know we had a discussion about this a while back, but now that we've all had to deal with hormonal ups and downs anyone have a skincare routine that they love and could recommend?  I desperately need a big girl skin care routine... Confused

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
*My Blog*
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
10/50 Read

my read shelf:
Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: How's everyone's skin doing?

• Mine seems to be doing maybe a bit better but I don't put on make up most days since having her so that's probably the reason.
  • Before I was pregnant I had super clear skin. A break out for me was a pimple a few times a year maybe. Then I got pregnant and the first sign was a major break out. It cleared up the last couple months then came back after I had DD. It is a little better now but still have some acne on my chin that just won't go away.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Loading the player...
  • My skin also seems to be better during pregnancy. But I agree with PP that not wearing makeup everyday is keeping it pretty nice now. I am a big fan of philosophy skin care. It's a little pricey but I know that it's sometimes on special on qvc and on their website. Their purity made simple face wash gel is my favorite. They also make a good exfoliator which is something I try to do once a week but doesn't work so hot with a newborn.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've never had super acne prone skin, but it has always been dry. After both pregnancies, I've gone through a period where the skin on my face is super dry and feels like sand paper.
  • My skin was really oily when I was pregnant and I got backne :( My skin returned to normal and I don't know if it's from moving to NC to Ohio but it's really dry now. I still have backne but it's drying out as well. I just want my body back to normal already. Including shedding all this baby weight!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagehansonam446:
    My skin was really oily when I was pregnant and I got backne : My skin returned to normal and I don't know if it's from moving to NC to Ohio but it's really dry now. I still have backne but it's drying out as well. I just want my body back to normal already. Including shedding all this baby weight!

Ha! I got backne too : only post partum though, I was all good during pregnancy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagejessalared:
    imagehansonam446:
    My skin was really oily when I was pregnant and I got backne : My skin returned to normal and I don't know if it's from moving to NC to Ohio but it's really dry now. I still have backne but it's drying out as well. I just want my body back to normal already. Including shedding all this baby weight!
    Ha! I got backne too : only post partum though, I was all good during pregnancy!

It's the WORST! I have a massage scheduled and now I'm all self conscious about it lol

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagethis decaf life:
    Mine seems to be doing maybe a bit better but I don't put on make up most days since having her so that's probably the reason.

This exactly, I got a blackhead as soon as foundation was put on my nose the other day.
  • I have probably had 6 zits in my entire life, but my skin has always been super sensitive and extremely dry. After pregnancy my face has been drier than ever. No lotion or anything else comes close to helping it! I had eczema as a kid and it comes back randomly. Poor DS gets really dry skin and the skin on the back of his head is flaking off like crazy!
  • imagekittynap:
    imageajckie:
    imagekittynap:

My skin is better after pregnancy, but I still have breakouts.

I have combination dry and oily skin. I've had good luck with aveeno clear complexion foaming cleanser. I use witch hazel once a day as an astringent, and moisturize after-right now I love the yes to cucumber hydrating lotion. If I feel extra oily I'll do an oatmeal mask once a week.

Also unrelated to acne, but new to my regimen, is using tea bags on my eyes. Cold black tea bags on tired eyes before bed time is amazing!

Talk to me about the witch hazel. I've never really grown out of break outs and at the end of my pregnancy it got super bad and hasn't really gotten better 6 weeks out. I have all this witch hazel left over from post partum and it'd be nice to have a use for it. I never wear make up and have combination skin. I'm tired of feeling so gross looking. Between that, never having time to do my hair, and all of this excess baby weight, I feel disgusting.

I use witch hazel after cleansing at night. It helps shrink down my pores, and takes off any residual make up. I don't find it too drying or irritating, although with all the cold dry weather here I moisturize after. I just use some on a cotton round. Super cheap, and works just as well as other astringents/toners IMO.

Do you just use the witch hazel that you can buy at the drugstore?  Or do you use another form?  I ask because I've heard you shouldn't use the drugstore kind because it's mixed with alcohol, but you can buy other forms of it.  BUT I've certainly heard of people using the drugstore kind and liking it, no problem.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Good to know!  Maybe I'll give it a try!  I think I'm going to play with my routine a bit.  And I use the term routine loosely as my "routine" involves washing my face with whatever cleanser I have on hand at the moment.

I should probably start by picking up some moisturizer.  Yes, I'm 26 and don't moisturize.  Embarrassed

I just need to face the fact that I have big girl skin and should probably update my skincare "routine" that's been the same since I started at like 14 years old... 

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"