January 2013 Moms

... Never felt so good!

DS will be 8 weeks on Sunday and he's in the middle of a raging wonder week. I'm lucky if I have a chance to brush my teeth, let alone eat. Hubby gets home early on Fridays so as soon as he walked in the door, I handed him the baby and jumped in the shower. I was so tired that I mistakenly put body wash in my hair, but never before has a long, hot, QUIET shower felt sooo good!
What is something you used to take for granted that is now amazing when you get the chance to do it?

Re: ... Never felt so good!

• Sleeping! There have been days I hand DD to DH as soon as he gets home ajd sleep for a couple hours. It does wonders.
    I also painted my toe nails a few days ago. I don't know the last time I was able to do that!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• imageJessie333:
    Sleeping! There have been days I hand DD to DH as soon as he gets home ajd sleep for a couple hours. It does wonders.
    I also painted my toe nails a few days ago. I don't know the last time I was able to do that!

I just painted my tie nails yesterday. First time in MONTHS that I could actually see my feet to do it! I also cut my fingernails and toe nails and that felt great too, haha!
  • Loading the player...
  • I went for a mani/pedi with a GF the other night because DH ran me out of the house...it was the best hour and a half I've had in two months! Although all I did was talk about DS while I was there!

I also got three hours of uninterrupted solid sleep a few days ago since DH took DS over to his parents house. It was bliss. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I would also say that I miss long showers. Pre-baby, I always wondered why mothers complained about not being able to take showers. I thought it'd be so easy to strap them in a bouncer, right?

Another thing I miss is eating a complete meal in peace. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• I agree with the complete meal in peace. I am either bouncing, nursing, or sticking a soother in DD's mouth while eating. Or I am eating fast in hopes of getting to eat all of dinner before she needs something. I actually had DH cut up my steak one night so I could eat it while holding her.
    I think we may need a date night soon so I can enjoy a nice long dinner.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• Sleep, shower, cooking dinner, EATING dinner, getting dressed with 2 hands. Haha. I took so many things for granted!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JHBWJHBW member
    I never thought I would be so excited to clean.   I love when one of the grandparents comes over and I can clean the house.   I always feel so good afterwards.  Also the other night DS was content in his swing and I got to eat a dinner without having to wear him in the carrier and worrying about dropping food on his head.  It was the best meal I have had in weeks.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageJHBW:
    Also the other night DS was content in his swing and I got to eat a dinner without having to wear him in the carrier and worrying about dropping food on his head.  

HA! So true. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• So much! I miss taking a shower whenever I wanted, leaving the house whenever, and eating with 2 hands! DD tends to be awake and fussy during dinner so I am usually holding her or walking her. Last night she played on her activity mat and hubby and I both ate with 2 hands. It was glorious! 
  • SHOPPING WITHOUT BEING IN A HURRY!!

Also, how safe she was inside me...everything seems dangerous now!

• This is what I call crazy crib so mommy can shower entertainment setup! I think the pic is sideways, I'm on my tablet and it won't flip. image I miss: Knitting for hours Cooking more elaborate dinners Just getting up and going wherever my mood takes me without figuring out a specific timeline. Eating hot food, haha. All in all, I'm adjusting to this new reality!
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Brushing my teeth! well I do get around to it but sometimes not immediately when I awake. Showering and sleep are definitely next on the list. I use to love sleeping in... Now I hardly sleep for 3 hours at a time. Also typing with two hands!
  • Amen, sista...never before has a leisurely, hot shower felt like a GD jamaican vacation.
  • imageMrsT0514:
    Amen, sista...never before has a leisurely, hot shower felt like a GD jamaican vacation.

Right!

I miss sleeping in. And running to the grocery store. I can't run to any store now without taking LO. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A shower... with DD2 at almost 8 weeks and DD1 nearing 2.5 months I rarely have time to shower during the day.  When DH gets home I'm almost always still on kid duty, so i never get a break.  I basically push a kid on him when I am going to take a shower.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Knitty, that pic cracks me up!!
  • Sleep, eating, baths!

• Eating at the same time as DH, quick trips to the store, going for a run whenever I feel like it without time restraints!
    BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageURMySunshine77:
    I would also say that I miss long showers. Prebaby, I always wondered why mothers complained about not being able to take showers. I thought it'd be so easy to strap them in a bouncer, right?Another thing I miss is eating a complete meal in peace.nbsp;

This! I always thought people were crazy when they said to enjoy my showers while I can. How hard is it to shower while they sleep? Well when your LO refuses to sleep during the day, and you are too exhausted at night, that's how. Lol and I have learned to eat very small meals very quickly, usually while DS is fussing in his bouncer. Ahhh, the joys of motherhood. :
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"