Babies on the Brain

"Young" future moms,(18-25) how old were you when started planning to get pregnant?

I'm 22 years old and I'd like to know how many women that are around my age that are thinking about having a baby.  (I'm not saying if you're 26 you're old, It's just that I can relate more to the age between 18& 25.) No disrespect intended!

How old was/is your partner, and is he just as eager as you? And if you are married at that time, how long were you married before rhinking about having kids?

I know that age doesn't matter because everyone is different, I'm just curious to see how many that are thinking about having kids at a young age.

Thanks!

Re: "Young" future moms,(18-25) how old were you when started planning to get pregnant?

• I started to TTC at 24 (MH was 28)...but didn't get pregnant until 27 (MH is 31). 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was 21 when I got pg. A was born when I was 22. I got married Oct. 2006. She was born Aug. 2007. My H was 25 when she was born.

ETA: we were together for 6 years and lived together 3 years before getting married.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the comments!

• I am just lurking but I got pregnant with my first at 23 and he was born just after my 24th birthday. I got pregnant with my second at 25 and he will be born just after my 26 th birthday God willing. 

My first was a honeymoon baby, we had been married 6 weeks when we found out we were expecting. We didn't plan it but we use natural family planning for religious reasons so we were prepared for the possibility. My husband was 26 when our first was born. We were planning on starting to try about 6 months after our wedding.

I will say it has been difficult finding other moms my age that can relate. All of the moms in our play groups are in their 30's so its a little harder to connect because our life experiences are so different. But I love being a younger mom and I wouldn't trade any part of my life for anything! Good luck! 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemommy0411:
    My husband was 26 when our first was born. We were planning on starting to try about 6 months after our wedding.

I will say it has been difficult finding other moms my age that can relate. All of the moms in our play groups are in their 30's so its a little harder to connect because our life experiences are so different. But I love being a younger mom and I wouldn't trade any part of my life for anything! Good luck! 

If we are lucky enough to get pregnant within 2 years, I'd still be the youngest mom I know. I would find it hard as well to  find someone to relate. I hope you find such a person.

I'm happy to see your husband was quite young too. Most of my husbands male colleagues were 30 when they had their first child. That just seems old to me.

• My DH and I started TTC when we were both 22.  We got married when we were 19/20, so we'd been married a little over 2 years before we started, and we'd been together for about 8 years total.  We are now 26/27 and still childless, but we are now in the process of adopting.  Looking back, we were definitely not well-prepared to have a child at the time that we started TTC, even though we felt ready - it would not have been great timing and our lives would probably be a lot different now if we had been successful in conceiving in those first two years or so of trying.

DH was not quite as eager as I was to start TTC, but he was excited about the idea of becoming a parent.  Now he is totally ready (obviously, 4+ years of waiting/maturing will do that to a person) and just as excited about becoming a parent as I am.

• imagejeroenenpris:
    imagemommy0411:
    My husband was 26 when our first was born. We were planning on starting to try about 6 months after our wedding.

If we are lucky enough to get pregnant within 2 years, I'd still be the youngest mom I know. I would find it hard as well to  find someone to relate. I hope you find such a person.

I'm happy to see your husband was quite young too. Most of my husbands male colleagues were 30 when they had their first child. That just seems old to me.

30 is not old.
  • I had DD at 18 my last semester of high school. I had my boys this past August at 24. DH and I met when DD was 6 months old and have been together ever since. We were married in October of 2010, started ttc September is 2011 and our twins were born August 2012. We also bought our first house in August. DH is 29.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 25 my future husband is 29, we will begin TTC in 23 days as soon as we get married (on our 8 year anniversary). I know I am bouncing off the wall excited and my partner says he is excited. He often makes little comments, so I know he is thinking about it but his no so overt as I am.
  • imagemary35699:
    I am 25 my future husband is 29, we will begin TTC in 23 days as soon as we get married (on our 8 year anniversary). I know I am bouncing off the wall excited and my partner says he is excited. He often makes little comments, so I know he is thinking about it but his no so overt as I am.

I can image you're excited :) That's must be a really fun countdown for you two! Getting married and starting a family! Good luck :)

• I'm 24 and DH is 25, we plan on TTC in April. I was ready as soon as we were married 1 1/2 years ago but DH only decided he was ready in January. Now he is really excited about it, but for a long time that was not the case.
  • Lurking. I'm 23 and DH is 26 and we have a 2 heard old. My husband and I dated 3 years have been married 4 years as of next month.
  • I am also in your age bracket, and have been married about 9 months now. Dh has had bbotb since before we were married but we are planning to start ttc this summer once I've finished school. Regardless of our ages though, we have decided that we are ready now. For some people they aren't ready until later in life for various reasons, so I'd say if you feel ready start trying. If you have things you need/want to do first, do that : hope that helps!

TTGP Jan Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

Workout FAIL!. .. actually about 1% of the male population CAN

So THAT's how you get into baby-making position!

imageDjhffrz4XcU3vY8JaKJ0mg2KTyzMU4IW_lg.jpg

• I definitely feel like the odd one out here.  I receive a lot of judgement over DH and I's relationship; not from my family but from outsiders who just don't get it.  Been married 6 months, together 3 years before we started TTC, which was 1 month before marriage. We went of BC early to get it out of my system. I'm 22 and DH is 36. Wow right? :| He has two children from previous, DD is 9 and DS is 13... So I get a -lot- of judgement over "forcing him" into more children at "his age." Which hurts, but whatevs.

We've been TTC for 7 months now, nothing yet. I'd be okay with waiting but he doesn't want to be 40 and having a newborn. Understandable!  And don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting a baby at your age, we're all different and don't deserve harsh judgement.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PersonalMilestone
  • Thank you for sharing all your stories. They helped a lot.

• imageRSimons5:

I definitely feel like the odd one out here.  I receive a lot of judgement over DH and I's relationship; not from my family but from outsiders who just don't get it.  Been married 6 months, together 3 years before we started TTC, which was 1 month before marriage. We went of BC early to get it out of my system. I'm 22 and DH is 36. Wow right? :| He has two children from previous, DD is 9 and DS is 13... So I get a -lot- of judgement over "forcing him" into more children at "his age." Which hurts, but whatevs.

We've been TTC for 7 months now, nothing yet. I'd be okay with waiting but he doesn't want to be 40 and having a newborn. Understandable!  And don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting a baby at your age, we're all different and don't deserve harsh judgement.

Thanks for the advice! I know what you mean. My dad is 67 and my mother 45. 22 years apart so you're age difference isn't too much compared to that. My mother had her first child at 21 and she heard it all.

They are the best couple I know so I'm on your side! (Btw who doesn't like an older guy! i know I do)

• We've been together since I was 12. We got married when I was 20, and started TTC almost immediately. LO came when I was 21, I'm 22 now. 

DH was just as eager as I was. We had been together so long and we had been talking about kids for ages. 

ETA- We lived together for almost 3 years before getting married. I graduated high school early and went to college early. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurking from ttgp.

I'm 21 and DH is 33, a bit of an age gap, I know, but we are more stable, and happier than most of our friends. Most of them being in their late 30's. Its hard to find ladies my age, that are in the same place in their life.
    TTC since March 2012 703641_497247786974599_1318392816_o 602828_513255402040504_2045604480_n
  • imageracheldcarrell:
    Lurking from ttgp. I'm 21 and DH is 33, a bit of an age gap, I know, but we are more stable, and happier than most of our friends. Most of them being in their late 30's. Its hard to find ladies my age, that are in the same place in their life.

Yes  Truth!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    PersonalMilestone
  • Damn. They'd better get my spot ready at the nursing home since I will be 30 next month.

I was 26 when DS was born. We had been married 2 years and together for 5.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dh and I had been together for almost 5 years and married a little over one when we started trying (I was 26 he was 28).  

I got pregnant the first time just before turNing 27, second time just after turning 27.  I'm still 27, and will turn 28 just before this baby is born (due date is 2 weeks after my birthday).  Dh will be 29.

I would have started ttc right after getting married, but dh wasn't ready. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't fit your age bracket (I'm ancient) however I began planning for my family when I was young. It's just that part of that plan was to wait until I finished with college and had longevity in a job.

I guess it would depend on what kind of plan people had. Like you mentioned everyone is different...and life has a way of putting a wrench in even the best plans.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got marred at 24 and considered TTC then but realized we weren't financially ready. Now we are financially ready and I am 27 so now we are TTC. If we were financially stable then with an established residence we certainly would have then. 
  • I am 24, DH is 26, we have been married 1.5 years together 5.5. We'll start TTC in the next few months and as long as everything goes as planned will be parents at 25 and 27. I would have started trying sooner but DH was not ready and we wanted to get him settled in a new career before doing anything.
  • We got pregnant with our "oops" baby when I was 22 and she was born two days before I turned 23.

Started TTC last January. I was 26 he was 28. 

BFP #1 5.26.08 DD born 1.4.09
    BFP #2 3.11.12 m/c 3.26.12
    BFP #3 10.7.12 m/c 10.27.12
    BFP #4 2.24.13 ectopic MTX 3.13.13 Right tube removed 3.29.13
    BFP #5 5.27.13 DS born 1.22.14

BFP #6 4.14.16

Pregnancy Ticker

• DH and I dated for 3.5 years before getting married at 21. We waited 2.5 years to TTC at 24 and had our first at 25 and our second at 27. If there is a third it will be at 29 or 30. I thought I was ready at 21 but am so grateful DH was the voice of reason and wanted to wait. We were much better off financially and maturity wise at 24 than when we first got married.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just turned 25 a week ago and DH is 23 (he turns 24 in April). I know, we're odd cuz I'm older than him. We will probably start TTC in about a year, though just last week I had a preg scare that ended up being nothing (I think). We are just in an awkward stage of our lives right now where a baby would uproot everything we just established. So as much as I have BOTB, it doesn't make sense for us to TTC right now. We have too many loose ends.

ETA: DH and I have been together for 7.5 years, lived together for 3 years, and married for 9 months. 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey there! I used to think my friends who got KU (on purpose) at 20-22 were CRAZY! Turns out I was just insensitive. I'm 25 and definitely have baby fever now. I'm excited to start trying while all my girlfriends have either young children, infants or are pregnant themselves. I'll have more of a support system that way! A few older gals I know who are in their 40's and have young children have a completely different support system because all the women they know have grown children and can't relate to them anymore. 

My hubby, 28, is supportive and kind of 'goes with the flow'. I love him for that.  We've been together for 8 years and I can definitely say that I'm glad we waited until we were a bit older to start trying! 

GL to you :) 

• We started TTC when I was 21. We were married about a year at this point, and got our BFP the day after our anniversary. Both of us knew we wanted kids, and with our lifestyle it works as well as without. I'd rather be young enough to run after them. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• We got married when I was 21 and my DH was 22. Wanted to TTC right away....got married in June and found out I was pregnant on 8/20. Had DD on 4/26/12 when I was 22 and DH was 23. Now we have been TTC #2 for about 2 months i'm 23 and so is DH. Good luck:)
  • I'm turning 21 this month, my husband will be 21 in May and we will be married for a year in July. We're hoping to start after that. It does feel strange because most of my friends are like "are you crazy?" but his friends are older (22-25) and have families already saying "about time!" haha
  • I had my first shortly after my 28th birthday, so I'm not in the category you speak of.  I do remember at 22 thinking that 30 was old and not understanding why people waited that long. 

We got married when I was 25.  Once we got married I felt like we needed to get on it and start a family because that's what comes next.  I'm glad we waited a little while though.  We waited till DH was finished with school and had a job with benefits so I could be a SAHM.  (Even the best laid plans go awry though, we moved to another state midway through the pregnancy and ended up renting there till October of this year because we renovated a house, blah blah blah)

I know you're not really looking for advice, just other peoples experiences, but having a house and having it furnished, and done and having the money to do that before you have a baby in the picture is hugely beneficial!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • I'm 23 years old, DF is 25. We started talking about TTC last year.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I will be 24 very soon and DH will be 30 but we have talked about it for awhile now and we are both ready to start a family.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers Trying to Conceive Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Lol that 30 is old.

I was married at 26. Had ds at 32. Will prob be 35 or 36 when 2 comes along. I don't feel old at all. Hell I will probably try to squeeze in one more.

I think being able to run after kids is a fitness thing, not an age thing. I'm fit and active and have no problems chasing after my very active 2 y/o.
  • My hubby and I were both 22 when we got married.  We both wanted to try for a baby right away, we would have tried before we were even married if he had it his way! About 3 months into our wedded bliss I was expecting :) He comes from a good size family and I have a sister who has a soccer team so were both looking very forward to starting our family. 

• Im 25 and my husband 24...We are actively trying to have a child. It's tough because our friends are in a different place then us. So it's hard to express my feelings when my friends are in a totally different place. But other then that I'm really excited.
  • I will be 26 and DH will be 27 this summer.  Will have been married 2 years this October and been together 9 years.  My best friend just had a baby on 3/25 and I have to say baby fever has started.  My husband and I bought a house this year and are pretty stable as far as jobs go.  Thinking of starting TTC this summer, but still not 100% sure.  I always thought I would have wanted to try by now, but once I got to 24-25 I felt like I was still too young.  We're not big travelers, but I wonder if we should try to get more in before TTC.  Hmmm....
    ~**~Happily ever after~**~
  • I started trying at 23...and am now 27 with no pregnancies. 

We ended up becoming parents via adoption this past December.  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageAliciaS1411:
    We've been together since I was 12. We got married when I was 20, and started TTC almost immediately. LO came when I was 21, I'm 22 now.nbsp;DH was just as eager as I was. We had been together so long and we had been talking about kids for ages.nbsp;ETA We lived together for almost 3 years before getting married. I graduated high school early and went to college early.nbsp;

How old is your H? Just curious, you don't see too many people get together at 12 and marry!
Search Boards
"
"