Baby Names

I cant find a name I love

DD is named Natalie. I've loved the name Natalie for 4 years before she was born. But with this LO, there are no names I love. It sucks... I can find names I'm "ok" with but that's as far as it goes.

Anyone else in the same boat? Any hope for inspiration? Any suggestions? I'm desparate lol.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: I cant find a name I love

• Are you going to find out the sex?  If so, I would wait until you do this way you only have to worry about focusing on finding a name that applies to that gender.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Noelle, Mathilde, Celine, Michelle, Marissa, Julianne.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I also have a Natalie and love her name but can't get excited about any other girl names.
  • Katherine
    Caroline
    Elizabeth
    Emily
    Fiona
    Julia/Juliet
  • I felt exactly like this when i was pregnant with DS2. I named DS1 and loved his name and when it was time to choose names again (we were team green with both) I could not find a name I loved. DH loved Everett and i liked it so i agreed since I couldnt find anything better. Once DS2 was born I just thought his name was perfect! and today I couldnt imagine naming him anything else.

I hope the same happens for you! I understand how you feel and naming your child is so important!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel the same way! I need a boy name, but not a popular one. I already have an 8 year old Owen and we found out this week we are having another boy.

I truly thought it was a girl and fell in love with the name Reese for a little girl. It's all yours if you want it ;

• Julia, Elise, Diana, Lauren, Lorelai, Aurelia, Gianna, Gemma, Fiona, Farrah, Darcy, Lucille, Brynn, Viola, Rosalie, Irene, Iris, Noelle, Moira, Mira, Penelope

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• J+G+MJ+G+M member

I was in love with the name Gavin for a boy and we chose the name Nadia for a girl, before we found out we were having a boy with our DS.  Now, I am stumped on a girls name and I'm not sure if I'm in love with Nadia any longer.

What about keeping the name Reese?  I know a guy whose name is Reese :o)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I'm the same way with Hannah. I've loved that name for a girl forever and if this baby is a girl, that will be her name. If we have another girl after this baby though, I have no idea what names I would choose because this is the only girl name I absolutely love.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • Yes.  The boys' name I had love-love-loved since I was fifteen was absolutely flat-out vetoed by my husband (sounds bad with our last name).  We did manage to find another we loved for our son (Julius), but now I'm not sure what we'll use if this new little one is a boy.

My best advice:

• Instead of looking at random name lists, look at things that are meaningful to you.  Re-read favorite novels, re-watch favorite movies -- and watch the credits to favorite movies.  See if any names from those jump out at you.  Think of meaningful places you've been (especially places you and your husband have been together) and see if those might inspire a baby name.  

• Have any of your relatives researched your family tree?  Sometimes finding a really cool name on your family tree can be enough to make it seem like "the one".  I have Leta and Demitra on my family tree, and while those are names I never would have considered otherwise, they are now near the top of my girls' lists.  It's especially cool if you can find a name you like that's on both your side AND your husband's side.  That can make it feel like it's "meant to be."

• If all else fails, it's not bad to pick a good name that you're just okay with.  Here's the truth:  once it's your child's name, YOU WILL fall in love with it.  Think of it this way:  the name is a gift you're giving your child.  It's ultimately not about finding one that YOU like best, but it's about finding one that will best serve your child throughout his or her life.  If you can't find a name you love, find a name that would just be a really good name to have.  

I honestly wasn't 100% sold on my son Julius's name until he was four months old.  Even though it was my favorite boys' name on the list, I didn't love it as much as I loved Gideon (the vetoed-by-husband name).  But now -- and I know almost every parent says this -- I couldn't imagine my son as anything other than a Julius, and I'm having trouble this time around finding a name I love as much as I love the name Julius. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagebonniebrownhair:
    Yes.nbsp; The boys' name I had loveloveloved since I was fifteen was absolutely flatout vetoed by my husband sounds bad with our last name.nbsp; We did manage to find another we loved for our son Julius, but now I'm not sure what we'll use if this new little one is a boy.My best advice:Instead of looking at random name lists, look at things that are meaningful to you.nbsp; Reread favorite novels, rewatch favorite movies and watch the credits to favorite movies.nbsp; See if any names from those jump out at you.nbsp; Think of meaningful places you've been especially places you and your husband have been together and see if those might inspire a baby name.nbsp;nbsp;______________________Have any of your relatives researched your family tree?nbsp; Sometimes finding a really cool name on your family tree can be enough to make it seem like "the one".nbsp; I have Leta and Demitra on my family tree, and while those are names I never would have considered otherwise, they are now near the top of my girls' lists.nbsp; It's especially cool if you can find a name you like that's on both your side AND your husband's side.nbsp; That can make it feel like it's "meant to be."_______________________If all else fails, it's not bad to pick a good name that you're just okay with.nbsp; Here's the truth:nbsp; once it's your child's name, YOU WILL fall in love with it.nbsp; Think of it this way:nbsp; the name is a gift you're giving your child.nbsp; It's ultimately not about finding one that YOU like best, but it's about finding one that will best serve your child throughout his or her life.nbsp; If you can't find a name you love, find a name that would just be a really good name to have.nbsp;nbsp;nbsp;______________________I honestly wasn't 100 sold on my son Julius's name until he was four months old.nbsp; Even though it was my favorite boys' name on the list, I didn't love it as much as I loved Gideon the vetoedbyhusband name.nbsp; But now and I know almost every parent says this I couldn't imagine my son as anything other than a Julius, and I'm having trouble this time around finding a name I love as much as I love the name Julius.nbsp;

I think this is great advice!
  • I'm so there with you. My son's name is Bradley and I just knew that was his name when I was a month or so pregnant with him. Very easy. This time around? UGH! We found out we are having another boy and I'm just not loving anything. Hardly liking anything and I feel so guilty and slightly anxious that I'm not going to find something I love nearly as much as Bradley. So no help here, but you're not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"