3rd Trimester

Measuring ahead all along?

I had my 35 week ultrasound this morning and I'm apparently measuring 2 full weeks now, although I hear that is not exactly rare. Doc also says LO is measuring at 7.2 lbs. Yikes! I know ultrasounds are known to be inaccurate, but I'd be lying if I said I don't look pretty big. Additionally, I've heard the ultrasound accuracy has a lot to do with the Doctor using it and both DH and I have a great deal of respect and appreciation for this Doctor and feel he's the best of the best.

With that said, for any S(+)TM, when you measured ahead did you still go very close to or past your EDD?  I am also hypothyroid so it's likely that I'll be induced if I don't go before 39 weeks, but I'm just curious about how things turned out for those of you with similar measuring. 

Happy Friday!! 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

Re: Measuring ahead all along?

• I experienced the opposite. I always measured 2 weeks behind with DD. She came a week early. (On her own.)
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I measured ahead with both of my pregnancies. DD1 was just very tall and DD2 was tall and chubby. DD2 was 10lbs at birth. The ultrasound only put her at being high 8's low 9's. The ultrasound predicted DD1 to be 8lbs and it was really close. So you really don't know until they get here. Sad thing was I was bigger with DD1 than DD2. Hope the best for you and GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I measured ahead with #1 and am doing the same (2-3 weeks each time). I had DS at 40w3d; he was 8 lbs. 1 oz.
  • I measured ahead with DD and she was 9lbs and born at 40w4d.  I am measuring ahead again and the estimated weight was 8lbs at 35 weeks, give or take.  I will most likely be induced at 39 weeks, for a couple of different reasons.  But I could tell DS looked big on U/S and he already has chubby cheeks and sausage fingers. But we'll see what happens.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would take any ultrasound measurement, especially in the third trimester, with a grain of salt.  With my daughter I had an ultrasound at 36 weeks and they told me she was 7lbs 7ozs. 4 weeks later when she was born at 39 weeks 6 days, she weighed in at 6lbs 7ozs. The measurements can be off by over a pound either way when the ultrasound is done so late in pregnancy.  I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead so my dr thinks this baby will be bigger than our first based on fundal height. But who knows. I always say be prepared to be a week late so you won't be disappointed if the baby is overdue.
  • With my 1st I measured ahead by 4 weeks from week 20 on...they said he was going to be a BIG 10lbs baby...ya right.

He was a week late and just over 7lbs.  With this one I was measuring right on schedule until my last appt...at 28 weeks I measured 32 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • pnutgpnutg member
    My friend measured ahead her whole pregnancy. At 35 wks they said her baby was about 7 lbs. He was born at 39 weeks and only weighed a little over 6 lbs. From what I hear, the u/s can be about 2 lbs off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"