Babies on the Brain

please tell me im not alone?

So i always told myself i would NEVER buy baby stuff until after i knew the sex. always thought people were crazy that ran out and bought stuff for baby before they were even pregnant.. and here i am, trying to conceive, NOT EVEN PREGNANT YET... and found a great sale at babies r us march madness extravaganza for a crib set and travelling play yard.. hubby said buy it, cause we will never get it this cheap again.... but i am still feeling insane.  please tell me im not the only one? lol

Re: please tell me im not alone?

• You are not the only one, but that does not make it a smart decision. Babies r us will have a march madness sale every march. Wait. It can take a healthy couple up to a year to get KU, and looking at that stuff won't make it any easier if it takes a while to conceive. Also, warranties and stuff may expire before you even have a baby to use the stuff.

Get yourself a non-baby-related hobby. (and that's not snark) 

imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Babies R Us has sales all the time, and their sale prices are still usually more expensive than the non-sale price for the same/similar item at Wal Mart or Target. Just wait.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I feel that if you really want a child it's okay to get ready for the baby. It's better than waiting because you might miss out on a really great sale if i were you i would go out a buy what ever catches my eye because you would want your baby to have the best no matter if it's here yet or not. And you never know one of your friends might be having a baby you can be a great contribute to her baby shower.
  • Wait. Like PPs have said there'll be another sale and if it does take you a while to conceive it will be hard to have around. When we first started TTC I was in a consignment shop and found this beautiful old fashioned bassinet that I wanted so bad and thought about buying it, thank you Jesus that I didn't. That would be a sad and harsh reminder that I don't have a baby two years later. 
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Wait.  Sales are certain, life is not.  

(Also, hugs to you, ricecakes.) 

• I read all of this advice and still want to buy this Kate Spade baby bag because it's on clearance.

https://www.katespade.com/signature-spade-quilted-baby-bon-shopper-bag/PXRU3826-1,default,pd.html?dwvar_PXRU3826-1_color=306&start=29&cgid=sale

Married 5.15.2010
  • I have a shoebox sized box in my closet filled with baby clothes that I thought were to cute to resist.  Some of those items have been sitting in my closet for over 4 years.  Don't start buying to much baby stuff now, because it feels like crap if you have to wait a long time to use those items.

I certainly wouldn't be buying any big ticket items yet 

• I would wait. 

I have been TTC for over a year and a half.  I can only imagine how much harder it would be if I had a bunch of baby items sitting around my house. 

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageCupcakeLuva2:
    I feel that if you really want a child it's okay to get ready for the baby. It's better than waiting because you might miss out on a really great sale if i were you i would go out a buy what ever catches my eye because you would want your baby to have the best no matter if it's here yet or not. And you never know one of your friends might be having a baby you can be a great contribute to her baby shower.

I personally don't think this is good advice. 

Not everyone that wants children will be able to have them.  IF treatments fail and can be incredibly expensive.  People wait years to adopt children.  Some people are forced to make the difficult decision to live child free.  Can you imagine how hard it would be to live any of the above situations, while having a house full of baby things?  And sure OP could give away the items if it comes down to it, but imagine how hard it would be to give away all of the things you bought for your baby that you were never able to have?

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• imageCupcakeLuva2:
    I feel that if you really want a child it's okay to get ready for the baby. It's better than waiting because you might miss out on a really great sale if i were you i would go out a buy what ever catches my eye because you would want your baby to have the best no matter if it's here yet or not. And you never know one of your friends might be having a baby you can be a great contribute to her baby shower.

Mmmmhmmm, cause there will never be a great sale again.  Ever.  And they never come out with newer things/different designs you may like better.  Spend that money NOW!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would not buy things now.  There are always sales but TTC can be frustrating, hard, and sometimes heartbreaking.  Save the money now and use it later when you are expecting.
  • imageslaughter182:

I read all of this advice and still want to buy this Kate Spade baby bag because it's on clearance.

https://www.katespade.com/signature-spade-quilted-baby-bon-shopper-bag/PXRU3826-1,default,pd.html?dwvar_PXRU3826-1_color=306&start=29&cgid=sale

I had this problem a month ago when she was having a clearance sale.  My hubby vetoed all the bags I liked though, said they looked too much like purses and he would feel weird using them.  So, no Kate Spade for me :( 

Maybe you can use it as a gym bag instead?  Then, it's not really a baby purchase.  This is how I am getting around my craziness - only buying things that I can use right away that will also double as functional for the hypothetical baby (Example: getting a dressser off Craig's List to refinish.  If baby comes, it will be the changing table.  If not, it will be a lovely project and new dresser for the guest room.)

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_bird2&T=t_b11&D=20131129&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Teddy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green
  • imageFemShep:
    Wait. nbsp;Sales are certain, life is not. nbsp;Also, hugs to you, ricecakes.nbsp;

Thanks.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • Don't do it, as PP said you never know what your TTC journey will be like. 
    12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • You probably aren't alone but I think you are a little delusional.

This one sale is not the be-all-and-end-all of sales.  Things go on sale ALL.THE.TIME.  My guess is if you buy this crib set that you will get pregnant, peruse baby magazines, and find something you like 10x better.  You will hem and haw over it and then decide you deserve what you want and buy the one you like better.  The original crib set will just have been a huge, impulsive waste of money.

This is like buying  wedding dress before you are engaged.  You have no idea what you want your nursery to look like.  Don't buy a crib set.  A play yard?  Meh.  They're pretty cheap to begin with so I would say do what you want.  I wouldn't... but it also took me 2+ years to get pregnant the first time and I am thankful I didn't have to trip over baby reminders.

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"