January 2013 Moms

WWYD?

DS is currently asleep on DHs chest. We usually give him his last bottle before he goes down for the night between 9:30 and 10ish..but he is usually still awake at this time. I'd hate to wake him since he's already sleeping, but I also dont want him to wake up in like 2 hours starving. I'd need to move him to swaddle him and put him in the RnP either way though. Wake him to feed or swaddle and let him sleep?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: WWYD?

• I would swaddle and see if he wakes up. If he stays asleep roll with it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Even if the last time he ate was lime 730ish? It just seems to me that he wont sleep nearly as long this way. But then again im normally in the let a sleeping baby sleep camp.
  • Loading the player...
  • Swaddled and in the rnp...still asleep! I think I'll roll with this one!
  • Try the dream feed. While he is sleeping, give him a bottle in the rnp. Just rub their cheeks to get him to eat and he will do it while mostly asleep. We have been doing it every night for the past week and it is working like a charm. LO sleeps for 5-6.5 hours after.
  • Can you swaddle before so he is already swaddled for the feeding? DD sleeps on the HALO space so we swaddle ger arms out. She usually is asleep for that last feeding too so we swaddle her arms in and dream feed.  Sometimes she will have already gotten fussy around 7:30 or 8 so we swaddle her arms in at that point.
  • imagespikeinc:
    Try the dream feed. While he is sleeping, give him a bottle in the rnp. Just rub their cheeks to get him to eat and he will do it while mostly asleep. We have been doing it every night for the past week and it is working like a charm. LO sleeps for 56.5 hours after.

Hmm. Ive never tried a dream feed with him, but I definitely think I will now! He ended up waking up at 11 last night screaming to eat. The past few nights he has been falling asleep like an hour before his normal bedtime so the dreamfeed might work in our case. My only with this is how do you burp him if he's still asleep in the rnp?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"