September 2013 Moms

Bleeding while pregnant

I thought I would share my story in case anyone else went through the same thing. The other day, at 11w2d, I woke up with bright red blood on the toilet paper when I went to the bathroom. I called my doctor and they told me to go to the e.r. They could find no cause for the bleeding but the baby was fine with a strong heartbeat. They told me I had a 50% chance of miscarriage. Over the next few days it went to light brown spotting. I saw my doctor today and she assured me that since I am a day away from being 12 weeks and into my second tri, the bllood work looked good, and we saw the heart beat and the baby move a few times, that my chances of miscarriage are down to 1-2%. I have never been so happy to find out that everything was ok!! I was just curious if anyone else had any problems like this, what caused it and what the outcome was.They never did determine why I was bleeding.Thanks!

Re: Bleeding while pregnant

• 50% to 1%...I wonder who you spoke to the first time?!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekat81again2:
    50% to 1%...I wonder who you spoke to the first time?!
    I got the impression that it changed b/c the bleeding stopped (combined with the other factors)...
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • It was the e.r. doctor that told me that but my ob told me that they usually give worse case scenarios. I don't really understand that either, but I like 1% a lot better.
  • I went into the ER at 11wks 5days bleeding bright red same as u except if I would of waited it stopped after around an hour. They did ever exam etc and baby was great no cause for the bleeding except maybe body movements. I also got the rhogam shot for negative blood type since I'm AB which I had no idea could cause pregnancy trouble, even tho it doesn't until second time around usually. I'm also now 13 wks 2 days andeverytjjng is still fine :
  • When I was pregnant with my DD I spotted on and off through the end of my first trimester through my second trimester.  One night I had a lot of blood in the toilet.  They wondered if I was having kidney stones but eventually determined that my kidney's were swollen.  They remained swollen for months after I gave birth.  They said this can happen during pregnancy and they wouldn't be surprised if this happened to me with another pregnancy.  Glad everything looks good with you. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad your baby is ok. Bleeding during first trimester is often from a subchorionic hemorrhage but there are other causes as well. I don't like to pay attention to the percentage chances of miscarriage. I think mine was .5 percent at the time that I lost my baby. I figure for each pregnancy its either not going to happen, zero percent, our going to happen, one hundred percent.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm going through the same thing and yes its scary.I had 1 cramp. I first spotted brown at 6 weeks for a week or so on and off. Had a sonogram all looked good. They determined it was coming from the right ovary what difference that makes I don't know.. I.have been fine till yesterday I had a massive cramp. Then 6 hours later started bleeding red blood a whole liner full in less than an hour and have been bleeding since mostly light but steady red. My 12 week apt is mon and a sonogram tue but that's the nucal translucency so I don't know if they will want 1 mon or not. So well see. Good luck to you!
  • To waterrfall 11. If you don't mind my asking how far along were you were you miscarried?
  • imagewaterfall11:
    I'm glad your baby is ok. Bleeding during first trimester is often from a subchorionic hemorrhage but there are other causes as well. I don't like to pay attention to the percentage chances of miscarriage. I think mine was .5 percent at the time that I lost my baby. I figure for each pregnancy its either not going to happen, zero percent, our going to happen, one hundred percent.

I agree with you, unfortunately. People love those stats bc they make them feel more secure, but they honestly mean nothing to me. OP, I'm glad your situation turned out well.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • I am going to be 12 weeks on Thursday, I had a pretty good discharge of blood this past Saturday, but by my own admission, I was on my feet waaaay longer than I should have been.  I have a Superwoman mentality, but now that I have the bejesus scared out of me, I am going to take it easy.  It wasn't bright red, more brownish red to brown, which I have been told is a good sign as well.  From all the message boards it seems that I could have over extended myself, or my cervix is irritated.  Either way I am going to my dr today just to make sure...I am fighting a little allergy/cold issue too...so I think rest and fluids are in my future.  Fingers crossed they can do my nuchal sonogram at the same time as my visit...kill two birds with one stone...

In a nutshell...I am repeatedly told that as long as I don't have severe cramping or bright red blood it is probably not a miscarriage.  My mom had a "period" for 3 or 4 months while pregnant with me.  And she's not the only mommy I have heard this from.  We will be fine...They say you know, but it doesn't stop the fear, lol...Bless you and your family...your little one is fine I am sure...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"