August 2013 Moms

Constipation

I know there have been other posts about this, but I couldn't find them...sorry for the repeat. I just am so uncomfortable and constipated! I need relief quick. I feel so miserable! My digestive system is so slow right now and it's making me so nauseous. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm ready to chug some prune juice at this point, if it will really help!

Re: Constipation

• Someone suggested apples a while ago. And since that's one of the only fruits I can stomach I hopped on board. So far so good.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I've heard apples and/or apple juice helps. I'm not a fan of apple juice so I haven't tried it. My dr said magnesium citrate was ok to use but you should check with your dr to see what they recommend for you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Some prenatal vitamins have a stool softener in them as well.  That has seemed to help me. 

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• I'm still on my apple or two a day kick and it's still working like a charm!
  • Oranges have always helped me. They are packed with fiber, and the fluffy white stuff on the outside (between peel and fruit) has lots of fiber also. Prune's also help and if you get the good ones they taste good too. Fiberous nuts are a great thing too. Along with adding toasted wheat germ to yogurt. Wheat cous-cous and beans. Fiber and water up. Hopefully that'll help. 
    imageimage
    Anniversary

• More fiber, water and apple juice has worked wonders for me.
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had horrible issues with DD. I stumbled onto the magic cure this time: pears. I eat a pear every couple days and I've had zero issues for the past 4 weeks! In fact, I don't think I've ever been so regular in my life.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB recommended Miralax. I add it to my coffee every morning.

Even with that, 3 plus pieces of fruit a day and an absurd amount of water, it's still not great for me.
    image"">imageimageimage

• Take probiotics they keep you regular, and are good for baby too! Ask your doc for a recommendation.
  • I've been dealing with this too. I ate some sweet and sour cabbage soup and it did the trick
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A cup of coffee always does the job for me! If I haven't gone in a day or two I'll drink a cup and it works its magic within a half hour.

image imageimage

Always in my heart: BFP 9/6/12 - M/C 9/25/12
  • I've been struggling too. I take colace every day, eat fiber bars, drink lots of water, stick with whole wheat (no white carbs) and that all seems to help a bit. If you need immediate relief, try glycerine suppositories and take some Metamucil. Good luck! I understand your pain. :(
  • imagemichellewatne:

Some prenatal vitamins have a stool softener in them as well.  That has seemed to help me. 

1. not sure why your tickers ended up in your post lol

2. I didn't know why I didn't have much constipation - yup... mine is one of those :) Never thought to look. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • imagemichellewatne:

Some prenatal vitamins have a stool softener in them as well.  That has seemed to help me. 

YES! This has been a miracle for me! I'm on the CitraNatal Assure.  I choose it out of the handful of samples my doctor gave me because of the wonders of the added stool softener :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yup, same here. Blech, 15 weeks and still constipated. I took a laxative 1x and it cleared me right out but then two
    days later I was right back to being constipated.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Everyone is different; unfortunately, you'll have to play around with what will work for you. Colace did not work for me because even though it's fiber, I'm apparently getting rid of more water than I should, so it was actually constipating me...as excess fiber will.  (didn't matter how much water I drink; it's just the luck of the draw in regards to hormones.)

I've heard of the following working:

Prune juice

milk of magnesia

asstd fruit

coffee

What works for me is green beans or miralax. Play with the dose if you do take miralax. Good luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"