June 2012 Moms

What "rules" have you broken?

Ok, they're not exactly rules, but I'm
curious as to what nono's you engage in with LO? I'm thinking about putting the bumper on Anja's crib. She always sleeps so close to the slates, and a leg or arm is always sticking out. I also let her nap with a blanket, not a sleep sack. If she rolls over on her tummy to sleep, I usually don't turn her back on her back. I'm sure I've broken a bunch of other "rules" but those are the ones that come to mind.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What "rules" have you broken?

• imageSamiantha101:
    Ok, they're not exactly rules, but I'm curious as to what nono's you engage in with LO? I'm thinking about putting the bumper on Anja's crib. She always sleeps so close to the slates, and a leg or arm is always sticking out. I also let her nap with a blanket, not a sleep sack. If she rolls over on her tummy to sleep, I usually don't turn her back on her back. I'm sure I've broken a bunch of other "rules" but those are the ones that come to mind.

ditto the crib bumper, although we do have the breathable one. We also have started letting her sleep with a lovie. And I didn't wait 3 days between each new food...and I let the cats hang out with DD unsupervised (like if they're in the den & I'm in the kitchen)..........and I'm sure there are plenty of others!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Elliot has slept with a blanket since he was 6 months. He won't sleep without it, but usually he bundles it up under his legs. *shrug*
  • Loading the player...
  • Jack sleeps with a blanket. He watches TV (the baby channel). 
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My DS sleeps with a lovie. It's a little puppy with blanket attached so it's technically a nono.

I also lay him on his tummy to sleep ever since he could roll over.

We already gave DS eggs. He was fine and he loved them.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also gave DS eggs and he was fine . Some one told me its the protien in egg that's hard to break  down so it can give them a tummy ache , but to me that's goofy since they can have meat . I also give him pancakes for breakfast (plain) he loves tearing them up. 
  • DS gets to watch Sesame Street twice a day...
  • Oh heck yes.

DD sleeps with a blanket, lovey, and bumpers; got fruits before all veggies; slept in the swing all night and for all naps for 4 months straight; she's tasted egg, peanut butter and almond butter; has taken to sleeping on her tummy; is left unsupervised for brief periods with the cat and dog; rides in the car seat wearing a winter jacket; the TV is on a lot... I'm sure I could think up more. Mother of the Year over here!! Frankly, there's just way too many flucking "rules" these days. 

Is this becoming an early FFFC? lol ;) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bumper after 7 months, blanket since birth, sleeps with bottle, ate salmon, doesnt take flouride vitamins, we have been out 11pm+, and he now sleeps with me in bed. 

and I havent put lotion on him since he was 6 months old. JUDGE ME

• Jessica, how DARE you not lotion that little man!! LOL!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I let him eat food that my SIL would kill me for since we have adopted some aspects of BLW... she is big into choking risks. 

DS and the cat are besties... they used to sleep in the same room while I showered... in fact, I encourage DS to play with the cat.

I never flipped DS from his belly.  In fact, if he isn't sleeping on his belly, something is wrong.

He gets to watch football games... mostly because DH would never turn them off.

And probably a million other stupid things...

• Is lotion a thing people do? Lol DS has never tried lotion.
    He sleeps with a blanket, we have fed him table food from the beginning in random orders. The kid eats curry haha he's not picky. Didn't wait 3 days at all.
    He is with our husky constantly and I will cook supper while they are together in the living room. Everyone else freaks out about this since the story of the husky killing the baby happened.
  • The big ones for me are letting DSwatch tv(my little ponies and Sesame Street, like a lot!) and I let him play with my iPad. I don't have to worry about the whole unsupervised with the cats thing because they wouldn't go near him if he was made entirely out of wet cat food.
  • imagethatoneredhead:
    Bumper after 7 months, blanket since birth, sleeps with bottle, ate salmon, doesnt take flouride vitamins, we have been out 11pm, and he now sleeps with me in bed.nbsp;nbsp;and I havent put lotion on him since he was 6 months old. JUDGE ME

Ha! I've put lotion on DS exactly one time. I don't see a need for it.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We've used the baby bath exactly one time. It's too much hassle for me, we shower or bathe with him instead.

We do BLW and didn't wait any time between foods, in fact he's never eat only a single item at a meal. Always a mix of foods, always what I'm eating.

I leave DS with the dogs and cat on occasion. Sometimes I leave them all alone while I run upstairs to grab something.

I still nurse DS to sleep.
  • Let's see...he has watched baby Einstein since one month, sleeps with a Blanky for naps, he has two small stuffed animals in his crib that he likes to play with in the morning when he wakes. He sleeps in his belly and i have put him on it since he flipped over and he has mesh bumpers in his crib.
    I leave him with the dogs for a few minutes, i don't always Clean off his sippy when he drops it on the floor but i do check it for hair and dirt...man!
    What else... He gets a bath every night, The dog licks his mouth all the time no matter what i do to stop him and he's has peanut butter..i feel like i could go on and on.....terrible !
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Where to even start . . . I'll just skip right to the end.  DS likes to chew on the dog's favorite chew toy, and I totally let him.  Its important to learn about sharing.

Also DS generally eats lunch in the nude, its the only way I can get him clean in time to leave for work. Thankfully he refuses to eat warm food so its completely safe.

I figure all this stuff if okay because I totally put lotion on him once a month, maybe twice.

• Charlotte watches an episode of  My Little Pony every morning! Well, kind of. She usually loses interest after 5 minutes and I end up watching it alone. I'm not ashamed to admit that I enjoy it. My SO calls me a brony. =P
  • imagehenrytviii:

Where to even start . . . I'll just skip right to the end.  DS likes to chew on the dog's favorite chew toy, and I totally let him.  Its important to learn about sharing.

Also DS generally eats lunch in the nude, its the only way I can get him clean in time to leave for work. Thankfully he refuses to eat warm food so its completely safe.

I figure all this stuff if okay because I totally put lotion on him once a month, maybe twice.

I love this whole reply.

I was totally kidding about the lotion! My mom totally jumps my case every time she gives him a bath and I tell her I dont use lotion. 

• Wow Ladies! You have me laughing so hard!  Thank you :)  Well over here she sleeps with bumpers because arms and legs started hanging out and she kept pulling the mesh ones down.  She also sleeps with a blanket and on her belly.  We watch one episode of either Little Einstein's or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse a day, Ummm.....  she plays with our dog (our 15 pound yorkie/maltese mix) and accidentally grabbed his hair once to the point where the DOG cried.  Lesson learned after that one. Yeah... there's many more but those are the ones that come to mind first.....  

PS We lotion her after every bath but a huge part of that is because I love the smell LOL :)   

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You ladies are hilarious!!!

We nurse to fall asleep and I used to put her car seat on the top of the shopping cart when we were at the store.  (It never occured to me that it could tip over until a month ago!  hey she's only 15 lbs... but I did stop doing that.)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I microwave formula! In the bottle!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It looks like I'm in the running for mom
    of the year, since ya know, I lather LO up with lotion nightly.
  • imagethatoneredhead:
    imagehenrytviii:

Where to even start . . . I'll just skip right to the end.  DS likes to chew on the dog's favorite chew toy, and I totally let him.  Its important to learn about sharing.

I love this whole reply.

I was totally kidding about the lotion! My mom totally jumps my case every time she gives him a bath and I tell her I dont use lotion. 

I know it was just a joke, couldn't resist though.  Tell your mom that your pedi said not to use lotion because babies have to learn to make their own natural skin moisture. I have no idea if there is any truth to this but I think my sister made it up about 6 years ago to get my mom to back off and my mom has spread it like the gospel.  Their are a lot of dry babies on the East Coast! We've lived the lie for so long that when I walk by the baby lotion aisle I get a little teary for all those babies out there that will have a life of lotion dependancy.  I imagine DS applying his scented lotion at the frat house in 20 years . . .

• imagejoleine:
    I microwave formula! In the bottle!

Hahaha ME TOO!!!
    AND I lotion twice a day! :
    Our TTC Journey

August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• imageklasala318:
    imagejoleine:
    Hahaha ME TOO!!! AND I lotion twice a day! :

Ive had enough of your bragging, Klasala!

• imageklasala318:
    imagejoleine:
    Hahaha ME TOO!!! AND I lotion twice a day! :

We're such rebels! The sad thing is, they have to put those warnings on the formula containers because some dumb clucks out there DID microwave w/ the bottle lid on and it exploded and someone else DID microwave and didn't shake it or check for temp and burned their kid.  I normally actually just microwave the water and mix it up, but if we mix up a days worth ahead of time, then yeah, I nuke the formula! radiation ftw!

I should lotion up both of my girls, as they have dry patches.. but I forget and the baby won't hold still anyways! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • SCANDALOUS!

I pretty much have covered off all of these at one point or another. My big ones is that I let DD watch TV, she naps with a blankie and I don't wait in between new foods.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagethatoneredhead:

imageklasala318:
    imagejoleine:

Hahaha ME TOO!!!
    AND I lotion twice a day! :

&nbsp;Ive had enough of your bragging, Klasala!

Hahaha oppps!
    Our TTC Journey

• I sleep with my lo while his papie sleeps on the floor, he uses my blanket and his own pillow, he loves my moms chauahah and lab dogs, I sometimes go 3 to 4 days without giving him a bath just because we have no time, I use night time lotion on him even if it is morning and he just got out of the bath it smells even better than the normal kind I let him chew on his toothbrush, feed him whatever I'm eating and a lot of the time he is wearing miss matching clothes...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"