Stay at Home Moms

If you use foundation

What kind of foundation do you use?  I currently switch between Revlon Photo Ready and Mary Kay creme to powder.  They are both full coverage and I would like to find a minimal coverage for every day use.  I tried Almay perfect shade...I think that's what it's called.  And if I sweat it gets splotchy.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If you use foundation

• I'm a big bare minerals fan for everyday. If I need heavy coverage though I like revlon colorstay, that stuff is like spackle for your face.
    PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use a tinted moisturizer and a transparent powder. Its really minimal and I never feel like I'm wearing makeup.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you get dry patches with Bare Minerals? I tried Maybelline's mineral powder years ago and liked it, but sometimes it would dry out my skin.  But maybe that's just my skin.  Or cheap makeup!
  • Clinique Perfectly Real
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What MK shade are you? I used to sell Mary Kay and by that I mean I had one party and didn't agree with the $200 requirement when placing and order so stopped lol. I have a few beige shades of regular liquid foundation left from my starter kit and would be happy to give you one. I think they're medium coverage but I'm not sure. I don't use a lot of foundation but they work for me. I've given most of them away but still have a few around here somewhere.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecrystalite2004:
    Do you get dry patches with Bare Minerals? I tried Maybelline's mineral powder years ago and liked it, but sometimes it would dry out my skin.  But maybe that's just my skin.  Or cheap makeup!

Nope, but I have had that problem when I tried the cheaper brands. 

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Make-up forever and Laura Mercier
    Blessed with double the love. C and J born May 2013
  • Miracle Skin Transformer. Although I think it's technically a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.
    DD 5.2009 DS 6.2011
  • Liquid foundation is MAC studio coverage.  I then use a loose powder.
    Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagehjk5000:

imagecrystalite2004:
    Do you get dry patches with Bare Minerals? I tried Maybelline's mineral powder years ago and liked it, but sometimes it would dry out my skin.  But maybe that's just my skin.  Or cheap makeup!

I am a Bare Minerals fan as well!  I never thought it would be enough coverage, but it's awesome!  And I have really dry skin, so I was worried about patches but I've never had an issue.  I've given up a lot of luxuries to be a SAHM, but my Bare Minerals are one thing that I cannot give up!  It's pricey to me, but totally worth it.  And it lasts a lot longer than I would have thought! 

• imageLaineybelle:
    Miracle Skin Transformer. Although I think it's technically a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

ETA: my response.  posted before I finished.

I had to look up BB cream last week because DH kept asking me what it was.  I guess he saw one too many commercials for Garnier's BB cream.  Ha. That might be something I would try. 

imageLatteLady5:
    What MK shade are you? I used to sell Mary Kay and by that I mean I had one party and didn't agree with the $200 requirement when placing and order so stopped lol. I have a few beige shades of regular liquid foundation left from my starter kit and would be happy to give you one. I think they're medium coverage but I'm not sure. I don't use a lot of foundation but they work for me. I've given most of them away but still have a few around here somewhere.<br>

That would be great!  I use Beige 1.
    BTW - you sound like me.  I signed up, went to a couple meetings but never had a party or sold a thing and gave all my samples away to my friends.

• Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer
  • I like Skin79 BB cream for a bit of a lighter coverage.  It's a Korean brand, so you have to get it online, but it's so much better than any of the U.S. BB creams I've tried.  I've also liked the Makeup Forever foundation. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • Bare Minerals
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • imagecrystalite2004:

imageLaineybelle:
    Miracle Skin Transformer. Although I think it's technically a tinted moisturizer or BB cream.

ETA: my response.  posted before I finished.

I had to look up BB cream last week because DH kept asking me what it was.  I guess he saw one too many commercials for Garnier's BB cream.  Ha. That might be something I would try. 

imageLatteLady5:
    What MK shade are you? I used to sell Mary Kay and by that I mean I had one party and didn't agree with the $200 requirement when placing and order so stopped lol. I have a few beige shades of regular liquid foundation left from my starter kit and would be happy to give you one. I think they're medium coverage but I'm not sure. I don't use a lot of foundation but they work for me. I've given most of them away but still have a few around here somewhere.<br>

That would be great!  I use Beige 1.
    BTW - you sound like me.  I signed up, went to a couple meetings but never had a party or sold a thing and gave all my samples away to my friends.

I really like Mary Kay but I was just not that into selling it haha

Just send me a PM with your address and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow or Monday. I KNOW I have a beige 2 but I'm not sure about beige 1. I look to see what I have left :D

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecoromble:
    imagehjk5000:

imagecrystalite2004:

I am a Bare Minerals fan as well!  I never thought it would be enough coverage, but it's awesome!  And I have really dry skin, so I was worried about patches but I've never had an issue.  I've given up a lot of luxuries to be a SAHM, but my Bare Minerals are one thing that I cannot give up!  It's pricey to me, but totally worth it.  And it lasts a lot longer than I would have thought! 

Totally agree. I won't give it up. Just bought more yesterday! 

• I use MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 foundation.

https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/158/4386/Products/Face/Foundation/Studio-Sculpt-SPF-15-Foundation/index.tmpl

I then set it with MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural.

https://www.maccosmetics.com/product/shaded/159/1343/Products/Face/Powder/Mineralize-Skinfinish-Natural/index.tmpl

I have tried so many other foundations before and this combo has been a lifesaver!  I have very combination, sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts.  This foundation gives me the buildable coverage I need without looking heavy. It is also gel based, which creates a very smooth finish, not too cakey.

DD #1 - 01.08
    DD #2 - 03.13
  • Bare Minerals. I don't wear it everyday though. I take a "less is more" approach to putting things on my skin.
    One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • imagesarahe101:
    imagecoromble:
    imagehjk5000:

imagecrystalite2004:
    Do you get dry patches with Bare Minerals? I tried Maybelline's mineral powder years ago and liked it, but sometimes it would dry out my skin.&nbsp; But maybe that's just my skin.&nbsp; Or cheap makeup!

Nope, but I have had that problem when I tried the cheaper brands.&nbsp;

I am a Bare Minerals fan as well! &nbsp;I never thought it would be enough coverage, but it's awesome! &nbsp;And I have really dry skin, so I was worried about patches but I've never had an issue. &nbsp;I've given up a lot of luxuries to be a SAHM, but my Bare Minerals are one thing that I cannot give up! &nbsp;It's pricey to me, but totally worth it. &nbsp;And it lasts a lot longer than I would have thought!&nbsp;

Totally agree. I won't give it up. Just bought more yesterday!&nbsp;

I feel like the Bare Minerals ends up being cheaper than the Neutrogena mineral makeup I used for years before I switched. For me one container of powder lasts about 5 months, vs 2 for the Neutrogena. The color is much more natural and the coverage is great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bobbi Brown SPF something or other.
  • imageCurlingRocks:
    This time of year, usually Mary Kay liquid foundation.  In the summer, I usually use Mary Kay mineral powder foundation.  I like a lighter coverage.

Nope!  I use Cover Girl liquid foundation.  They have an ivory shade that's light enough for me.  No caking or anything.  I do want to try Bare Minerals though.

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Love Bare Minerals!!
  • BB cream is awesome, it is so much lighter than foundation but still has great coverage.  I will never go back to regular foundation.  I use Too Faced and really like it
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • Mary Kay mineral powder foundation.  You can make it as sheer or full coverage as you want by layering.  I like how light it is.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • imageCnAmom:
    I feel like I might be flamed and/or shunned if I admit to using Cover Girl liquid powder.

I sometimes use CG Clean iquid foundation. I go back and forth between that and Revlon Colorstay. I just can't justify spending 30 on foundation when drugstore brands work fine for me.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• imagecrystalite2004:
    What kind of foundation do you use?  I currently switch between Revlon Photo Ready and Mary Kay creme to powder.  They are both full coverage and I would like to find a minimal coverage for every day use.  I tried Almay perfect shade...I think that's what it's called.  And if I sweat it gets splotchy.
    Have you tried the Mary Kay loose foundation since you already use one of their products?  I am a rep (as in I keep buying enough to stay active but never have time and don't like to pester people, ha) and I tried it and was surprised to like it (I normally like cream ones).  It is nice and light but even things out well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Another vote for bare minerals. I use a primer and it looks great. My skin is much happier than when I used drug store foundations. In this instance the price really is worth it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"