January 2013 Moms
Options

T&P's Needed and Appreciated

When I had my first ultrasound, they found a cyst in my right ovary, and it was thought to be a dermoid.  My doctor kept an eye on it and said that we wouldn't do anything with it until DS was born.  So last week, I had another ultrasound and blood work done in order to prepare for surgery to have it removed.  The results of the bloodwork came back, and one of the markers for cancer was on the higher than normal range.  It's still low enough where my doctor is optimistic that it's not cancer, but now there is a greater chance of me having cancer.  Because of the higher chance, my doctor does not feel comfortable removing just the cyst and will be taking my entire right ovary ... because if the cyst were to rupture and have cancerous cells in it, then it could be "really bad."  My surgery is next Wednesday, and I'm trying to remain hopeful that there's no cancer and that the worst thing that will happen is that my right ovary will be removed.  Thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. 

Re: T&P's Needed and Appreciated

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers headed your way!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• Options
    Positive thought and prayers are coming!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm very sorry. You're in my thoughts.
  • Options
    You're in my thoughts too!  Take care :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Best of luck! My sister had one of her ovaries removed when she was 15 because of similar situation and everything worked out well. She's popped out two kids [under 2] with no fertility issues if that was any sort of concern for you.
  • Options

Positive thoughts.

• Options
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your ovary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers! Hope all goes well!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thinking of you! Thoughts, prayers and hugs!
  • Options
    Sending positive thoughts your way...I hope your surgery has a great outcome and you can move forward enjoying your LO.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    Sending thoughts and hugs your way!
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're dealing with this, you will be in my thoughts. 
  • Options
    Best of luck. Hoping for the best possible outcome for you! Positve TPs coming your way!
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. Sounds very stressful with a new baby. I hope that you feel that all of your questions have been answered. You could always get a second opinion if you want to feel more confident. 
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers! I work on a unit where we care for people who get this surgery. Our patients do great and recover quickly. Hoping its dermoid!
  • Options
    I'm sorry that you have to deal with this and hope that all goes smoothly and as pain free as possible. Thinking of you.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Options
    I am a lurker and joined the bump just to reply to your post.  Was it the ca125 test?  I had that test wth a high reading 3 years ago.  It turned out I had a cantaloupe sized endometrioma.  The ca125 test will also read high if you have endometriosis, which is much more common in women under 40 than ovarian cancer is. I had no idea that I had endometriosis.   My doctors were also very concerned and ended up taking out my left ovary and tube.  I am writing this while rocking my 7 week old baby, conceived on my second month of trying with my one remaining ovary.  Sending good thoughts your way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"