Toddlers: 24 Months+

XP: Door knob cover or gate?

What's better, for keeping a toddler safely contained in their bedroom, one of those door knob covers or a safety gate?  I'm thinking of switching DD to a bed soon and I don't want her roaming the house at night.  She sleeps with the bedroom door closed now. 

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP: Door knob cover or gate?

• I have a gate... my preference but I want my daughter to be able to open the door still.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • The Door Monkey.  Very cheap.  They sell it on Amazon,
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a gate. She flips out when she struggles to open the door, so I know the door knob cover would be a mistake.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Baby gate. My DS figured out the knob covers very quickly.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Gate.  We tried the door knob covers when DD was younger and it took her less than 5 minutes to figure out how to remove them from her door the first time.  After that she could have them off by the time we shut the door, so they were a waste of money for us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now my son can't open the door so we just shut his door and he's contained.  Eventually we may turn the hand backwards and just "lock" him in at night.  Our rooms are next to each other and we have a video monitor in his room so if there were an emergency we could hear him and check on him via the monitor.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't have either, my daughter will not get out of bed on her own, she calls for us. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use a knob cover. We actually have several of them all over the house on the outside doors, basement, door, etc. However, my son never gets out of his bed until his Time to Wake clock turns green. I don't even think he would notice if we took the cover off, but I really don't want him roaming the house at night. I imagine we would wake up with him trying to flush a lot of stuff down the toilets or climbing in his sister's crib.

If he needs to go potty or has a nightmare he just yells for us and we hear him through the monitor.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagewedsept:
    The Door Monkey.nbsp; Very cheap.nbsp; They sell it on Amazon,

I can't believe I've never heard of this! It's genious. I found it at Amazon, Walmart diapers.com. We are definitely getting one, especially for Grandma's house, thanks!
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I use a door knob cover for DS's door. It works great. I think that he would be able to knock over a gate and then go down the stairs. That would not be good.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imageTriciaandSean:
    Right now my son can't open the door so we just shut his door and he's contained.nbsp; Eventually we may turn the hand backwards and just "lock" him in at night.nbsp; Our rooms are next to each other and we have a video monitor in his room so if there were an emergency we could hear him and check on him via the monitor.

This...my son climbs gates and breaks those plastic door knob things off QUICK!
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• imagewedsept:
    The Door Monkey.  Very cheap.  They sell it on Amazon,

Amazing!  I need this!

We used the door knob cover because we shut the door at night since it is close to the living space.  But, it didn't take long for her to figure out how to open the door w/ the door knob cover!  We might need the door monkey!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"