Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

How many times a day does your 3 year-old pee?

DS turned 3 at the end of November and has been potty-trained for a couple of months.  Since he's been PT'd I've noticed how infrequently he pees.  He wakes up dry, goes in the morning (usually only after several reminders), and usually only goes 1-2 more times a day.  He seems to drink a normal amount...can this be normal?  I guess I anticipated that once he was PT'd he would be running to the toilet all the time or something!  How many times a day does your LO go?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How many times a day does your 3 year-old pee?

• Options
    If DD wakes up dry in the morning(about 50% of the time), she will go once in the morning, before nap at 1, late afternoon, and before bed - so 4 times?
  • Options
    all day long. like every hour- two at the absolute most. no lie. it's crazy how much she pees.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think on average it's about 4-5 times a day (including a wet diaper at nap time most days). 
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Like most others, DD pees about 4 to 5 times a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My son usually goes about 4 times a day and I usually have to make him go. He never wants to go when he wakes up in the morning even though it's been about 12 hours since he last went, so I don't make his breakfast until he's gone. He would hold it as long as possible if I let him, but it just doesn't seem good for him to hold it that long so I make him go.

When he really has to go he'll go without me telling him too, but that doesn't usually happen unless he has to poop. He tells me he doesn't like going peepee, but he loves going poop. I don't really understand the minds of 2 year olds.
    It took 3 1/2 long years, but we finally got our little miracle!
    IVF #1 - BFP (6dt)
    Unassisted Pregnancy #2 - lost at 15w6d due to T21, severe heart defects, and fetal hydrops

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD loves to drink throughout the day.  She drinks milk for breakfast, diluted apple juice for lunch and dinner, then water in between meals and snacks.  I always have a straw cup filled with water for her on the kitchen counter.  She pees probably about 10 times a day! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

DD is 2.5 yo, and I think she goes less than I do at this point. She goes right away when she wakes up, again sometime in the morning (this is usually because she has to poop), before nap, after nap, once more in the evening, and then right before bed.

A couple of those, like before nap and before bed are because I force her to try. I'd say 4-5 times a day is average.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options
    My DS will be 3 in a few months and he goes about 6 times a day.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I make sure he goes as soon as he gets up, then usually around lunchtime, after nap, and before bed.  He might go once or twice on his own in between.  I worry he will get a bladder infection because he holds it so long.
    DS born 8/8/09 and DD born 6/12/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"