February 2013 Moms
Options

Holy crap swelling!

Ok I kept expecting swelling during my pregnancy, it never happened, like I wore ore pregnancy tennis shoes the day before I delivered and I delivered with my wedding ring on.

However about three days after my csection my feet blew up like balloons they went down a bit yesterday but are back up again now... Holy crap they are swollen too, I don't get it!? Why? And how do I get this to go away??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy crap swelling!

• Options
    I had swelling for 6 weeks before I delivered but nothing like the balloons my feet became after delivery. It took about 10 days to go back to normal. I drank a ton of water and sat with my feet up, which is easy enough when loving on a newborn!!
  • Options
    Agree with pp's, iv fluids will do it. I delivered vaginally, but needed fluids twice during labor, and the day after I got home from the hospital my feet swelled up a bunch.

If you have family and friends who can help you out for a couple days, take advantage of it! My mom helped out a lot those first couple of days, since DH had to go into the office the day after we got home, and she was a lifesaver. I was able to spend most of the day with my feet propped up, which really helped the swelling go down.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I too never had any swelling during pregnancy. After I got home my feet were insanely swollen. The stayed that way for 8 days. Stupid iv fluids!
                    Our Blessing From God Through Adoption
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                   Our Blessing After TTC for 6 Years (natural birth!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                             EBFing, CDing, BWing, SAHM
  • Options
    Ahh yeah they pumped me full of those IV fluids for a few days, that makes sense, I guess I'm just gonna have to wear my slippers when I finally take baby home, the shoes I wore in wont fit
  • Options
    You probably got pitocin too which will make the swelling a little worse. They give it to you to help your uterus clamp down to minimize the bleeding. Even in small amounts it cause horrible swelling. Drink lots of fluids to help flush everything out. I never swelled during pregnancy but the morning after I did it took about two weeks drink 2.53.5 liters of water a day to get it to go down.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"