February 2013 Moms

Cervadil

I am being induced tonight, starting with Cervadil. For those who have received it or know about it I never thought to ask... Since it's a vaginal insertion, will I be confined to bed or will I be able to move around as usual?

Re: Cervadil

• I just asked about this yesterday, and no one answered. Likely because its called prostin gel here. Anyway, I got it done this morning, and they just monitored me for 20 mins, inserted it, and then monitored me for another hour, while laying down. They then sent me home, and I'm going back again 6 hours later for another dose. They said I could walk or do whatever I wanted to. I bounced on my ball for a bit, but I felt like laying down, so here I am, laying down. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had it last Tuesday night. My midwife allowed me to use the bathroom and move around after it was in. I, however, started having contractions 10 minutes into having it and was in full blown labor within 45 minutes. I only managed to be on the meds for 6 hours before it was removed and my entire delivery changed course.
    Also, my midwife had me take ambien to get some sleep while on the cervidil. If you can, do that! Rest while you can :
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies!

Good luck, Winter!

• You will be confined to the bed, for the most part.  If you get cervadil (and I did with both my girls) they have to keep you on a fetal monitor.  :(  And it stays in for 12 hours).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They let me go to the restroom and told me to wipe a certain way.. Other than that I was in bed. It made me cramp really bad so moving around wasn't an option for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image image image image
  • I had cervadil 2 nights in a row. I was confined to bed for 2 hours after it was inserted but after that passed could get up to use the bathroom. They didnt want me walking around a whole bunch though and it was overnight so I was supposed to rest.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • I was told to stay in bed for about an hr and half or so and then I could get up every so often for short amounts of time. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"