3rd Trimester
Options

Icy hot ok ?

Anyone know if its ok to use icy hot or bio freeze ? Pulled a muscle and needs some relief, going for a massage in a little bit

Re: Icy hot ok ?

• Options
    There are mixed reviews, some say yes some say no. I personally know at least three women who have used it and everything was fine. If you are worried, try taking a large sock and filling it with dry rice, tying the end. Heat it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes and put it on whatever area is sore. I have done that as long as I remember to help my muscles from gymnastics, it works well. Good luck on getting relief!

• Options

My OB gave me the ok to use Icy Hot.  works like a champ.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've used it a few times. It never even occurred to me that it might not be ok since it's topical, what I used anyway.

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Options
    My doc gave me the ok too... said that topical stuff wont make it to baby... not in enough concentration to matter

• Options
    I used bio-freeze. No harm done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've used biofreeze a few times. I used to work for a massage therapist who said she used it all the time with both of her pregnancies and had no problems. 
    photo 606e6a9295ea7ed21bede1d01b391656.jpg Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It never really crossed my mind that it might not be ok, I use icy hot and works like a gem.
  • Options

I woke up with random shin splints a couple weeks ago and called my Dr. to see what I could use. She said tylenol and hot and cold compresses. Pain/ muscle relieving creams, gels, etc. contain an ingredient similar to aspirin and it is unknown of what effects it can have on an unborn baby. I decided to play it safe and used ice packs for 3 days. Good luck and feel better soon!

• Options
    Icy Hot is fine.  It's cousin Bengay can theoretically lead to PT labor or worse if used in excess (even people who are not pregnant shouldn't use too much.)  Icy Hot is just a small percentage of methanol but works great for me!  I don't know anything about bio freeze...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used icy hot my last pregnancy with my obs ok and all was ok. I've also used it this pregnancy and it always works like a champ.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"