January 2013 Moms

I have exactly 0 pairs of pants that fit.

What a depressing feeling. I just tried on a pair of jeans and I coulde get them on, but I could barely get them buttoned and I have a SERIOUS muffin top. yuck. I know I'm only 8 weeks PP, but WTF. I've been working out and sweating my assss off almost daily and it sucks to know that I still have nothing but yoga pants to put on my asss.

Maybe I need some wine to go with my whine. It certainly won't help the issue...but it might make it not bother me so much! LOL.

Whine over.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I have exactly 0 pairs of pants that fit.

• You're doing better than I am. I wont even attempt to try my stuff on for at least 2 more months. I can't even wear my rings.

I went to a thrift shop and bought "fat clothes" so I could get out of maternity and sweat pants.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I attempted to put on a regular pair of jeans last week. What a joke. Couldn't even get them past my thighs. I totally sympathize!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been wearing sweat pants every day to every occasion! I feel your pain.
  • I got my 28s on but couldn't get them even partially zipped. I think I should just throw away the 26s do I don't torture myself. I'll never be my prior size again.

• Ugh, frustrating!  Go treat yourself to a pair of pants that fit and make you feel good!  That way you'll have something you feel good in during this transition period.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small.

I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.
  • Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.
  • imagestardust317:
    My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small. I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.

Haha..right? Maternity pants are the shiit! So comfortable. Screw all that buttons and zippers noise.

• imagesbevmc09:
    Ugh, frustrating!nbsp; Go treat yourself to a pair of pants that fit and make you feel good!nbsp; That way you'll have something you feel good in during this transition period.

This! I got a nice pair of pants, a skirt, and a nice top to go with both. DH looked absolutely shocked when I came out for our first PP date night wearing the skirt and heels! It really made me feel much better!
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsT0514:
    Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.

Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone.
  • With DD1 it took at least 12 weeks to fit in my jeans and I gained 10 lbs more this time so I haven't even taken them out of storage and don't plan to for a whiiiiiile.
  • PS- last time I bought some stretchy jegging type jeans in a bigger size to wear until I could fit into my regular jeans. It was a good call.

And don't despair, ladies, you definitely may fit into your old jeans again before you know it! 

• imageAllison546:
    I attempted to put on a regular pair of jeans last week. What a joke. Couldn't even get them past my thighs. I totally sympathize!

Me too. Sigh. So glad I bought a couple of nice pairs of yoga pants. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • I can button mine as well but it wasn't pretty so I bought a pair of jeans in a size up. I feel so much better to be in real clothes.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagejeggomyeggo:
    imageMrsT0514:
    Thanks for the support, girls. I really was trying to avoid buying any "fat" jeans, but I think I might need to bite the bullet on this one.
    Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone.

Yes

They really aren't fat pants.  Your body is still recovering from nearly a year of growing another human.  It's a transition period so don't feel badly about it.  You deserve to feel good in what you wear during this time.  It doesn't mean you need a whole new wardrobe, but a pair of pants that fits properly and makes you feel good is a necessity! :)

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imagesbevmc09:

imagejeggomyeggo:
    imageMrsT0514:

Just call them your "transition" pair and go get them. I got a good pair from GAP and I feel better getting out of the house, even though the muffin top look isn't completely gone

Yes

They really aren't fat pants.  Your body is still recovering from nearly a year of growing another human.  It's a transition period so don't feel badly about it.  You deserve to feel good in what you wear during this time.  It doesn't mean you need a whole new wardrobe, but a pair of pants that fits properly and makes you feel good is a necessity! :)

Thank you..and you're right. My body did something amazing, so of there is ever a good reason for my pants not to fit, this is it, and I'll take it! :
  • imageMrsT0514:
    imagesbevmc09:

imagejeggomyeggo:
    imageMrsT0514:

Yes

Thank you..and you're right. My body did something amazing, so of there is ever a good reason for my pants not to fit, this is it, and I'll take it! :

Not sure if anyone is still checking this post or not...but I have found that a good pair of spanx or using the be-band has helped tremendously with smoothing out the muffin top or fitting into pants. It's a good investment for sure! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I so could have written this. I almost cried yesterday when I tried on all my jeans and couldn't get a single pair past my thighs. I'm still up 15lbs from pre-pregnancy weight...lovely.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebundymommy:
    I so could have written this. I almost cried yesterday when I tried on all my jeans and couldn't get a single pair past my thighs. I'm still up 15lbs from pre-pregnancy weight...lovely.

I am also still 15 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight - I wasn't even going to attempt my actual jeans until 6 weeks, but this thread has me curious...

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrsT0514:

imagestardust317:
    My maternity pants are too big and my regular pants are too small. I'm seriously contemplating smaller maternity pants.

Haha..right? Maternity pants are the shiit! So comfortable. Screw all that buttons and zippers noise.

AMEN SISTER!

• I can *almost* fit in my pre-preg jeans but the low waistlines irritate my c-section scar so I cannot wear them, yet. My maternity jeans don't look like maternity on my and are comfortable around my scar so I have no issues wearing them.  What I hate is the fact that none of my pre-preg shirts fit because of my expanded breasts so I am wearing maternity shirts which are super baggy and hide the fact that I have my old waist back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"