Babies: 9 - 12 Months

How many of you make your own baby food?

Hi ladies,
How many of you make your own baby food? Where do you get your recipes from? Sites?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: How many of you make your own baby food?

• I make my own.  Never really used sites, just initally asked our pedi for guidelines.  Didn't use any special bullet or anything.  Just a blender and strainer.  I either baked or poached depending in what fruit or veg, then froze in ice cube trays.  Then slowly added a little cinnamon, ginger, black pepper as DS ate more. He loved it and eats whatever we put in front of him!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image imageimage
  • BRBR member
    I make my own using the recipe book that came with the Baby Bullet.  I've also checked out wholesomebabyfood.com.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I make my own food. I don't use recipes or anything.. I mean, it's not rocket science. LO eats mostly table foods now anyhow, but I still make a few purees.
  • imagekbruington:
    I did when my son was on purees and used Wholesomebabyfood.com for ideas or tips. I used a food processor and a Magic Bullet which we already had.
    My son is still on purees and I used this website too. Just used a blender for pureeing and stored in ice cube trays
    TTC#2: 8/17/14 // BFP: 9/5/14

TTC#1: 7/30/11 // BFP: 8/22/11
    DS: Carson Robert 4/29/12

• I used the Wholesomebabyfood.com site too. Great source of info! I didn't make really complicated "recipes" though. I mostly pureed single foods and froze them into ice cube trays. If I wanted to give him chicken and veggies, I'd defrost 1 cube of chicken and 1 cube of green beans and just mix together in a bowl.

I used an older version of the Ninja blender. It was so easy and the stuff tasted way better than jarred food. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechefgirl182003:
    I make my own.  Never really used sites, just initally asked our pedi for guidelines.  Didn't use any special bullet or anything.  Just a blender and strainer.  I either baked or poached depending in what fruit or veg, then froze in ice cube trays.  Then slowly added a little cinnamon, ginger, black pepper as DS ate more. He loved it and eats whatever we put in front of him!

Pretty much this. It was super easy...just steamed veggies at first (carrot, sweet potatoes, butternut squash are easy to start with). I also added spices gradually, and also roasted some of the veggies/fruits. I used a small food processer, froze the food in ice cube trays, and then kept the cubes in freezer bags for easy use. You can spend about 2 hours on Sunday doing this and have food for 2 weeks.

My 3.5YO is not a perfect eater, but he eats things that a lot of toddlers won't: collards, slaw, all kinds of seafood, all fruits, poached eggs, and he always at least tries everything on his plate.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My friends got me Baby Food for Dummies and The Best Homemade Baby Food on the Planet. I found For Dummies to be better for when he was younger and now that he's mainly on solids the Best Homemade has better recipes. I also used the book that came with the Baby Bullet when he was just starting solids.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"