January 2013 Moms

CD Mama Check-In

Hope nobody minds if I start this!

GTKY:

1. How long have you been using cloth?

2. What do you use right now?

3. Has anything not worked for you?

4. Have any questions for the other ladies? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: CD Mama Check-In

• 1. How long have you been using cloth?

About a month, maybe longer. We waited for the umbilical cord to fall off. 

Thirsties duo covers and GMD prefolds. 

I found osocozy prefolds (size 1) to be rather bulky on Eilley, even with an angel wing fold. Hopefully this will change as she grows.  

What do you use at night? Right now, we are trying to use up the disposables we got from people after she was born. When those are gone, I'm planning on cutting up some fleece to use as liners over the prefolds. Maybe we will try some pockets, too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We've been using cloth diapers on and off for about 16 months. We use rumparooz AIOs and bumgenius AIOs for the newborn stage and bumgenius 4.0s and swaddle bees pockets for DD1.

I haven't found anything that will hold up for DD1 over night. She is a ridiculous heavy wetter.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageerkie:

Just a week. I wanted to make sure DD was big enough to fit diapers correctly

BG 4.0s

We only use BG right now and so far so good. We have not had any leaks (a very minor poop like a tiny spot once). I think it is just DD needs chunkier thighs still.

In answer to PP. Right now at night we use disposables as well. But I bought diapers just for night time. They are from here.They are Extended tab prefolds and I purchased a hemp insert as well. I haven't used them yet but I have been told they can wear the same diaper for 12 hours. The best part is you get to chose the material for your diapers which you can do on their facebook page.

My Question: Do you spray or soak your diapers before washing? Or just throw them in a pail/bag until it is time to wash them?

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• imagekittynap:

How many CDs are in your rotation total? We have 17 pockets and AIOs, definitely not enough to not do laundry everyday. 

I have a dozen sz 1 osocozy and a dozen GMD newborn prefolds. I pretty much only use the GMDs now, so I've ordered another dozen. For covers, we have 8 (all were gifted to us) which is too many.

I also just bought a Kawaii pocket  to try.

Lastly, I forgot to say that my parents neighbor (who I used to babysit for) just gave us like 15 motherease fitteds. They are a bit bulky for her still, but I can use them as back-up.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSunshineShades:

My Question: Do you spray or soak your diapers before washing? Or just throw them in a pail/bag until it is time to wash them?

i just toss them in a wet bag. We wash about every day lately. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1. How long have you been using cloth?  Almost 3 years now (since DS was 7 weeks old)

2. What do you use right now?  Right now we're using BG 3.0s with him and GMD Workhorse pre-fitteds with XS Thirsties covers for DS.

3. Has anything not worked for you?  When I first started CD we tried out several different brands of mostly one-size pockets and we had some leak issues with DS's tiny bird legs.  Love BG though :)

4. Have any questions for the other ladies?  Just curious, this is our first foray into newborn cloth (we started DS in cloth when he was ready for the one-size dipes so he was a little bigger than DD is now) and I'm finding what we're using to be quite bulky.  I mean, CDs are bulky on the really little ones regardless, but these are bulkier than I was expecting.  These are supposed to fit babies quite a big smaller than DD and I don't see how that's possible because even accounting for the fact that every baby is built differently when we first tried these diapers on her at about a week old they were literally down to her knees!  Anyway, for anyone who has cloth diapered from the very beginning, have you found anything to be really trim, yet still absorbent for the newbie stage?

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • imageerkie:

What do you use at night? Right now, we are trying to use up the disposables we got from people after she was born. When those are gone, I'm planning on cutting up some fleece to use as liners over the prefolds. Maybe we will try some pockets, too. 

Right now the GMD workhorses are fine as is, the wetness doesn't seem to bother her and we haven't had leaks.  Hoping this continues.  Using a fleece liner is a great option to create a stay-dry feeling.  Pockets are a great option for overnight because not only do they have the stay-dry going for them, but you can stuff them with whatever you need as far as absorbency goes.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • 1. How long have you been using cloth? About a month or so only parttime CDing though

2. What do you use right now? GDiapers, BG, and some cheapy no name brand ones off of eBay.

3. Has anything not worked for you? The cheapy eBay ones leak every.single.time I use them. I guess you get what you pay for.

4. Have any questions for the other ladies? Not at the moment.
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • imagekittynap:

Bum genius moms: Do you ever dry the 4.0 shells, or always line dry them? When did you start consistently using the thicker inserts? Right now we're only using them for night time. 

How many CDs are in your rotation total? We have 17 pockets and AIOs, definitely not enough to not do laundry everyday. 

More often than not I dry the shells in the dryer (I bump the heat setting down one notch below what we usually dry on).  I line-dry weather permitting, but I live in Ohio so I don't get a ton of opportunity.  FWIW my diapers have held up just fine.  The velcro is worn out, but I think that has nothing to do with drying method.  Especially with 3.0 velcro we're probably lucky we're just dealing with worn out velcro at this point!

ETA: I don't think we ever used the newborn inserts.  We started using the 3.0s at maybe 10 weeks?  Pretty sure we went straight to the full sized MF insert and then within a couple months we used the newborn insert as a doubler in nighttime diapers. 

For DD, 24 diapers, 4 covers.  Works fine for us with washing every other day.

For DS, we have 23 BG 3.0s that we predominately use.  I was every other, to every 3rd day.  We also have I don't even know how many Flips, but we don't use those regularly.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imageSunshineShades:

Mostly just toss them in the pail (we do dispose of poop in the toilet first as we FF and I do spritz DS's poopy diapers w/ a little bac-out before putting them in the pail, but didn't start that til the toddler stage).

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Since our first day home from the hospital.

Mostly prefolds and a cover. I like my flips and thirsties duo the best.

3. Has anything not worked?
    Pockets and AIOs. LO was soaking straight through them. Waiting for a shipment of hemp fleece and hemp terry to make doublers...can't wait to get my pockets and AIOs back in the rotation!

What is your suggestion fit wise for a small waist and chunky legs?

'How many diapers do you have?'
    We have 2 dozen GMD prefolds...just had to switch to the mediums! Probably about 14 to 20 covers. Lol 20 or so pockets and 10 AIOs...I am a bit addicted!

'Do you soak your diapers or just put them in a bag until you wash them?'
    We just use a pail liner for our room and a hanging wet bag for the living room. Just toss em in until CD laundry day!

'What is a good non bulky NB dipe?'
    I was a fan of GMD newborn prefolds and a cover, but I also liked our Grovia NB AIOs...
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesbevmc09:
    imageerkie:

Right now the GMD workhorses are fine as is, the wetness doesn't seem to bother her and we haven't had leaks.  Hoping this continues.  Using a fleece liner is a great option to create a stay-dry feeling.  Pockets are a great option for overnight because not only do they have the stay-dry going for them, but you can stuff them with whatever you need as far as absorbency goes.

The wetness is my concern. She lets us know the instant she is wet, so I will definitely start with fleece liners. I'd rather not invest in more dipes if I can make what we have work. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageerkie:
    imageSunshineShades:

i just toss them in a wet bag. We wash about every day lately.&nbsp;

When DD1 was Breastfeeding, I just tossed in the washer. Once we started solids, I had to scrape/dunk them. DD2 is formula fed, and I have to dunk her diapers as well.

Since she was a week old when her umbilical cord fell off. We used disposables until then and she got an awful rash that took what felt like forever to clear up! Once that was cleared though she hasn't had any problems.

Mostly bumGenius 4.0, they're my favorite. I like my FuzziBunz too but bG are a lot easier IMO. 

We had prefolds & Thirsties and I hated them. Luckily I sold them quickly on Craigslist! Oh the joys of being able to resell cloth! 

Not a question but a bit of a vent. We're going to Florida March 4-12 and I'll have to leave my dear cloth diapers here. We're going to be in 3 different cities and using a washer/dryer is sort of not an option. I'm really not looking forward to using disposables for a week but I'm going to get some coconut oil to try and keep a protective barrier so maybe she won't get a rash this time.

So far overnights we've been fine with just the regular pocket, sometimes I use a fleece liner but I usually forget. She's up often to eat still so I just change her when she wakes every 3 hours.

I dry the shells occasionally, mostly when I forget to move them so I'm running low. If I dry them I use the cool tumble cycle. 

We have 19 bG, 3 FB, 1 Blueberry & 1 Charlie Banana. I do laundry every day and she goes through a lot of diapers still! This lady poops like 6 times a day still. 

Sometimes I spray really nasty poops with Bio Kleen Bac Out before I toss it in the wet bag just because I think her poop smells bad.

We started using bG 4.0 when she was like 3 weeks old, I hated prefolds and I didn't think they were all too bulky. 

• 1. How long have you been using cloth? Almost 2 years (sometimes off and on)

2. What do you use right now? Thirsties covers with Indian Cotton Prefolds/Snappis; Kawaii pocket diapers. I have one bum genius (which I do not like), and one Fuzzibunz. (just bought one of each to try out awhile ago)

3. Has anything not worked for you? Wasn't a fan of Bumgenius or anything diaper with a velcro closure. 

4. Have any questions for the other ladies? nope

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageSunshineShades:
    imageerkie:

Just a week. I wanted to make sure DD was big enough to fit diapers correctly

BG 4.0s

We only use BG right now and so far so good. We have not had any leaks (a very minor poop like a tiny spot once). I think it is just DD needs chunkier thighs still.

In answer to PP. Right now at night we use disposables as well. But I bought diapers just for night time. They are from here.They are Extended tab prefolds and I purchased a hemp insert as well. I haven't used them yet but I have been told they can wear the same diaper for 12 hours. The best part is you get to chose the material for your diapers which you can do on their facebook page.

I bought a diaper sprayer that I use when the DD & DS have a messy diaper. I do not spray diapers that are just wet. I bought a small trash can with lid and put dirty diapers in there until it's time to wash (usually every other day now that I have 2 kids). For awhile we didn't have a diaper sprayer and we just dunked them. So gross! DH wasn't a fan of doing that.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1.) About 3-4 weeks.

2.) Kawaii's

3.) Have had nothing but success so far... I'm sure I'll hit a speedbump at some point!

4.) Nope

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. How long have you been using cloth? About a year

2. What do you use right now? Bum Genius 4.0's and freetimes on DS and Imagine Prefolds/Thirsties covers on DD- will be switching to BG's when she's a bit bigger

3. Has anything not worked for you? I am not a fan of grovia's.  DS leaked out of them all the time.

• imagekittynap:

about a month 

pockets: bum genius 4.0s and smartipants  

AIOs: thirsties duo 

the occasional prefold (osocosy) and thirsties cover - DH doesn't like these

Although the Velcro closures are super easy, not loving how much they wear. Glad we only have a couple. 

Bum genius moms: Do you ever dry the 4.0 shells, or always line dry them? When did you start consistently using the thicker inserts? Right now we're only using them for night time. 

I always line dry the shells. I think I dried them once on low heat because I was in desperate need for diapers.  I didn't start CDing until DS was 9 months so he was already in thicker inserts so I can't answer that question- but I'd imagine when the smaller one isn't holding enough for 2 hours or so.

When it was just DS, I was going through about 20 BG's every 3 days (but he was older, so they take less diapers a day, and he wears disposable nightime diapers)

• 1. How long have you been using cloth? just started using them during the day to ease into it this week. 

2. What do you use right now? I use BG 4.0 with newborn insert, fuzzibunz (but have had leaks with these), and flips set to small w/ fold. I have a few BG freetimes but think they might be too bulky at this time. I line dry both covers and inserts just due to ease. 

3. Has anything not worked for you? a bit of leaking, perhaps I waited too long to change. Also, staining from orangey BM on diapers. I can't wait for warmer weather to put stained fabric in the sun.

Since this weekend. We still use disposables at night though for now.

Charlie Banana and Bumkins. Both are pockets and they're the only ones that fit him right now.

He leaked out of the Bumkins yesterday but not a big deal yet.

None. 

We have a total of 25 CD right now but only 14 fit him right now. Changing him about 8-10 times a day and doing laundry everyday. I'm building up my stash so to switch from everyday laundry to every other day.

• imageerkie:
    Hope nobody minds if I start this!GTKY:1. How long have you been using cloth?

On and off for 2 weeks. DS has had a cold, and we have has a rough week. We have been using sposies just to ease the laundry burden. He is feeling much better and we will be back to predominantly cloth again.

p2. What do you use right now?

BG 4.0, Flips and Gdiapers

Not yet

DS is a heavy soaker. I mostly use the stay dry inserts during the day and add a hemp liner as a doubler at night. Any other suggestions from those with more experience?

Also, if you use a fleece liner, what kind of fleece? And do you just put it on top of the regular liner for the drier feel on LO?/p

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• imageajckie:
    imageerkie:

GTKY:

1. How long have you been using cloth? 5 weeks, since her umbilical cords fell off. We alternate with disposables, which I said I wouldn't do, because it's often simpler at 3am when I can't find a snappi and she sleeps longer in them.

2. What do you use right now? Prefolds, no idea what brand (a friend gave hers since her boys grew out of them) with thirsties covers.

3. Has anything not worked for you? We're struggling. I find the prefolds to be too bulky and are giving her diaper rash on her legs because they come down too far. The velcro is frustrating. I have a few Fuzzibunz one size pockets, but they leak around the legs no matter what we do because she has skinny little thighs.

4. Have any questions for the other ladies? How do you handle the up front costs? The way I got my husband to agree to cloth was how much cheaper they are in the long run, but we didn't get as many as we registered for and are looking at a huge out of pocket cost. I still haven't found anything I really like and I don't want to keep buying things that I don't like. DH would flip.

I bought. Ost of our CDs months before DS was born, but you could try a CD trial jilliansdrawers.com has one...then you could try the different types/brands without a massive investment.
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMom2anAngel2:
    Have any questions for the other ladies? DS is a heavy soaker. I mostly use the stay dry inserts during the day and add a hemp liner as a doubler at night. Any other suggestions from those with more experience? Also, if you use a fleece liner, what kind of fleece? And do you just put it on top of the regular liner for the drier feel on LO?/p

Hemp is great for heavy wetters.  Hemp inserts saved our overnight CD'ing for my heavy wetter.  Are you using a liner (this would go between baby and diaper) or an insert (this would go in the pocket, but could also just be laid in a diaper.  I ask just because liners are usually not as many layers as an actual insert would be).

As far as fleece liners I've always heard microfleece suggested for the fabric.  You can also buy liners that are already made for the purpose of creating a stay-dry layer.  You lay them between baby and diaper to create a drier feeling in diapers that don't already have a stay-dry layer (so, for example prefolds, or most fitteds, etc.).  Some babies are bothered by the wetness.  You shouldn't need them with pockets or your Fips if you're using the stay-dry inserts.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imageajckie:

4. Have any questions for the other ladies? How do you handle the up front costs? The way I got my husband to agree to cloth was how much cheaper they are in the long run, but we didn't get as many as we registered for and are looking at a huge out of pocket cost. I still haven't found anything I really like and I don't want to keep buying things that I don't like. DH would flip.

Honestly, I built my whole stash for about $300 (we have 23 BG 3.0s and quite a few Flip covers and inserts).  I had to be strategic about it, but even if you had to break that cost up a little bit it still seems doable to me.  Especially considering what you would be paying OOP for disposable diapers. 

When we did use disposables (just the first few weeks) I was getting them on sale + coupon so I calculated what it cost me to build our stash and compared that to what I was paying for disposables at the time and they paid for themselves before we even hit 1 year of diapering.  We're still using the same diapers 3 years later and they'll be passed on to DD.  You really can't beat that savings so if this is what you want to do I would find a way.  Maybe buy a few a week until you build your whole stash?

If you don't yet know what you like I would suggest one of two things, either a trial program so you can try out a variety of brands/styles or pick up some diapers used on craigslist or diaperswappers.com so you can resell them without losing money if you end up not liking them.  

The cheapest way to build a stash is to buy seconds when they become available or buy them gently used.  

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  •  I have a few Fuzzibunz one size pockets, but they leak around the legs no matter what we do because she has skinny little thighs.

That's partly why I prefer BG even though our FB haven't leaked they don't fit quite as well. BGs are wider in the crotch so her skinny legs aren't such a problem.

• imagethis decaf life:

I have a few Fuzzibunz one size pockets, but they leak around the legs no matter what we do because she has skinny little thighs.

That's partly why I prefer BG even though our FB haven't leaked they don't fit quite as well. BGs are wider in the crotch so her skinny legs aren't such a problem.

I had this same issue with DS.  Even though the legs on the FB are totally adjustable I just never could get a good fit and he would leak.  BG were much better for us.  I'm sure this isn't as big a deal as babies get bigger, but it was definitely a problem for us when we tried them when he was young.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • 1. How long have you been using cloth? Since she was like 2 weeks old so about 4 weeks.

2. What do you use right now? Pocket Diapers OS Bum Genius, Kawaii, FuzziBunz, and Alva Baby

3. Has anything not worked for you? Some of the alva baby's are still hit or miss on the fit.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesbevmc09:

imageMom2anAngel2:
    Have any questions for the other ladies?

DS is a heavy soaker. I mostly use the stay dry inserts during the day and add a hemp liner as a doubler at night. Any other suggestions from those with more experience?

Also, if you use a fleece liner, what kind of fleece? And do you just put it on top of the regular liner for the drier feel on LO?/p

Hemp is great for heavy wetters.&nbsp; Hemp inserts saved our overnight CD'ing for my heavy wetter.&nbsp; Are you using a liner (this would go between baby and diaper) or an insert (this would go in the pocket, but could also just be laid in a diaper.&nbsp; I ask just because liners are usually not as many layers as an actual insert would be).

As far as fleece liners I've always heard microfleece suggested for the fabric.&nbsp; You can also buy liners that are already made for the purpose of creating a stay-dry layer.&nbsp; You lay them between baby and diaper to create a drier feeling in diapers that don't already have a stay-dry layer (so, for example prefolds, or most fitteds, etc.).&nbsp; Some babies are bothered by the wetness.&nbsp; You shouldn't need them with pockets or your Fips if you're using the stay-dry inserts.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure if it is a hemp insert or liner. They are "hemparoos." I think I need to look more into it. Where did you get your hemp inserts?

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

• Bump burp

Lilypie - (0YVF)

• Hi! I just introed, we're currently doing about 70% CD, would like to transition to fulltime.

1.How long have you been using cloth?

Since about 6 weeks, so about a month now.

We've got about 16 pockets, a mix of BG 4.0, Alva, and Kawaii pockets.  Also 6 OsoCozy prefolds with a Thirsties cover.

I have a Kawaii cover and it suuuxx big time. Maybe DD is too small for it still? She's probably around 12.5-13 lbs and she leaks out of often, so I think it's just poor quality.  I also bought 5 Jungle Roos early in pregnancy when they were on Zullily. I knew nothing about CDing at the time. Very poor purchase. They have double gussets which are not sewn well at all, and they leak badly. I put those away for good. 

Here's a question. Is it unethical to sell the Jungle Roo diapers? They were $10 each on Zullily. I think the quality is terrible so I would feel bad selling them, but at the same time I'd like to get a few bucks back.

What say you? 

• imagekittynap:

I dry the shells occasionally, usually line dry them. I live in TX, so cold usually isn't an issue. 

As for the inserts, I had to switch to the full size insert at about 8 weeks.  DD started to leak pretty frequently, so I knew it was time to switch. I prefer the NB inserts fitwise though, the dipes are much bulkier with the big insert.

We have about 16 pockets and 6 prefolds. Maybe add in a few prefolds and you could do laundry every other day? I tend to use the prefolds purely because they beef up my stash a bit.  

• imageteds1chic:

4. Have any questions for the other ladies?  At what weight/age will you start one size

(I didn't read any replies prior to posting this so if this was address, please disregard) 

We started DS in Flips at 7 weeks, he was 10lbs, I believe.  We got some BG 3.0s just a couple weeks later.  The Flips are cut like 4.0s FWIW.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imageMom2anAngel2:
    imagesbevmc09:

imageMom2anAngel2:
    Have any questions for the other ladies? DS is a heavy soaker. I mostly use the stay dry inserts during the day and add a hemp liner as a doubler at night. Any other suggestions from those with more experience? Also, if you use a fleece liner, what kind of fleece? And do you just put it on top of the regular liner for the drier feel on LO?/p

Hemp is great for heavy wetters.  Hemp inserts saved our overnight CD'ing for my heavy wetter.  Are you using a liner (this would go between baby and diaper) or an insert (this would go in the pocket, but could also just be laid in a diaper.  I ask just because liners are usually not as many layers as an actual insert would be).

As far as fleece liners I've always heard microfleece suggested for the fabric.  You can also buy liners that are already made for the purpose of creating a stay-dry layer.  You lay them between baby and diaper to create a drier feeling in diapers that don't already have a stay-dry layer (so, for example prefolds, or most fitteds, etc.).  Some babies are bothered by the wetness.  You shouldn't need them with pockets or your Fips if you're using the stay-dry inserts.

Now that I think about it, I am not sure if it is a hemp insert or liner. They are "hemparoos." I think I need to look more into it. Where did you get your hemp inserts?

Those are inserts (I believe, I don't know of liners under that brand).  We use JoeyBunz Hemparoos too.  Granted you can just lay them into a cover, but typically they're used as inserts in pocket diapers :)

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imageKikiSmash12:

Here's a question. Is it unethical to sell the Jungle Roo diapers? They were $10 each on Zullily. I think the quality is terrible so I would feel bad selling them, but at the same time I'd like to get a few bucks back.

What say you? 

Sell 'em!  Someone might like them :shrug:  I mean, price them fairly and if someone asks you how you liked them don't lie about it, but I don't think it's unethical to resell something just because you didn't like it.

*My Blog*

10/50 Read

my read shelf:
  • imageteds1chic:

4. Have any questions for the other ladies?  At what weight/age will you start one size

(I didn't read any replies prior to posting this so if this was address, please disregard) 

About 3 weeks I had her in bg4.0 

• imageerkie:

GTKY:

From when DD was 6 months to when she potty trained at 19 months and now again since DS came home from the NICU at 10 weeks old, only part-time though as he is such a heavy wetter overnight and NOTHING we have works (plan to order some hemp inserts to put in our Apple Cheeks). 

Bum Genius newborn all-in-ones and Seventh Generation sposies for ON. Have 6 Apple Cheeks size one that don't yet fit and 5 Omaiki all-in-ones as well as 2 Bum Genius elementals.

Just for ON, nothing works well, he leaks leaks and leaks some more (super duper heavy wetter though)! 

Please recommend your detergent for very hard water! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Since DD cord fell off, so 4 weeks.

AMP OS Duos with bambo or hemp trifold inserts and a micro fleece stay dry liner over night.

We've had some refining but generally we've been lucky enough to have out plan work out.

We hated snappies, and didn't really see the point of them anyway.

For the newborn stage we used Bummies super bright covers with the same inserts we are using now. Bulky but cheap as we only had to buy 4 covers.
    PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageerkie:
    Hope nobody minds if I start this!GTKY:1. How long have you been using cloth? About 2 weeks now. We started right when we came home, but she ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks, so we had to use disposables then. 2. What do you use right now?We mostly use GMD fitteds with covers 24 fitteds, 2 rumparooz covers, and 2 thirsties duo size 1 covers. We also have 2 Kawaii Pure Naturals and 1 newborn swaddlebees. She's still only about 8.5 pounds, so it'll be a while before w move into our OS stash.3. Has anything not worked for you? So far we haven't had any leaks knock on wood. But, I feel like the fitteds tend to leave some serious red marks, which I am not a fan of.4. Have any questions for the other ladies?nbsp; For those of you using fitteds or prefolds, do you just stick an insert between that and the cover? Or how do you add extra absorbancy?
    BFP 5.21.12 ~~ Born 1.28.13
    BFP 8.14.15 ~~ Due 4.22.16
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagePrivacyWanted:
    imageTaylersMommy:
    imageerkie:

Please recommend your detergent for very hard water! 

Hard Rock by rocking green Also hemp prefolds or just a high quality cotton prefold with a newspaper fold are fantastic for heavy wetters

Thanks so much! 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"