February 2013 Moms
Options

Should I ask for a Dr.'s Note or am I being a baby?

I am still working, at least until next week and I am.  But lately it has been getting terrible.  The pressure on my pelvis from standing all afternoon and sitting at my desk is so uncomfortable that I am almost in tears by the afternoon.  Not to mention I am exhausted from not sleeping at all during the night.  I was thinking about working a 6-7 hour day instead of the usual 9 hour day, but Iwould need a note to do that (even though I am using my own earned sick time and I could have started my maternity leave 5 weeks ago under our FMLA guidelines...)  Do you think I should ask for one or do I sound like a big baby?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Should I ask for a Dr.'s Note or am I being a baby?

• Options
    You are still working? You are nuts girl! Get out of there and try to get some rest before that baby comes! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    You don't sound like a baby to me, I started maternity leave 4 weeks before due date. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRosebean:
    You are still working? You are nuts girl! Get out of there and try to get some rest before that baby comes! 

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm at work today because I like the distraction, but I also have a desk job and can come and go as I please if things get uncomfortable.  If I had to be on my feet I couldn't do it.

• Options
    Get a doctors note. You're already a hero for working this long. And you're not a big baby, you're CARRYING one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You are on your feet all day?? I would go on leave. I have a desk job at home so I can't imagine working 9 hours on my feet. I had to give a presentation for 45 mins and thought I was going ot passout.
  • Options
    Girl, the fact that you are still working at all is amazing to me.  At the very least, take your work day down to half.  Get that doctor's note!!!

• Options
    I started mine at 39w1d due to pelvic and sciatic nerve pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"