3rd Trimester

STMs who have had their 38 week internal

I had my 38 week internal and only a fingertip dilated and 20% effaced. I was 70% with DS. I thought I would progress faster with my second. STMs, how did yours go?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: STMs who have had their 38 week internal

• I was induced at 36 weeks with my first so it's hard to compare but I wasn't dilated or effaced any at that point.

With this pregnancy, I have been 1 cm and 50 percent since 35 weeks. Last week I was 2 cm and not sure how effaced. She didn't tell me.

• Haven't had my 38 wk appt yet, but last fri I was 1-2 cms 75%. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I was essentially the same from 37-40 weeks. Water broke on own at 40w1d. With my first, my water broke on own at 38w4d. I did have membranes swept with my second.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm pregnant with my 6th LO and I never dilate much at all (the furthest I've ever been when I first go into labor is 2 and 75% effaced.) until I am in active labor... yet I've always had pretty fast & easy deliveries and my LO's have all been born before their EDD.

I started declining routine weekly internals after my 3rd pregnancy so I have no idea what I'm dilated to right now (if I am at all) but given my prior history, I doubt it's much.

*Julie* Wife to Micheal and mama of 5, soon to be 6!* Pregnancy Ticker
  • With DD I had scar tissue from a previous leep procedure so I didn't dilate/efface at all until I had been induced, water broke, got my epidural and shot to a 4. This time I was 1.5cm and 50% effaced at 38 weeks, just went today for 39 weeks and I'm 2cm and 75% effaced and 'fully soft' (whatever that means...).

My OB seems to think I will go into labor on my own soon, but she's been saying that for weeks- I keep asking when she will schedule an induction (after 40 weeks) because I just assume this LO is perfectly content to hang in there. 

She wants me back on Thursday for another check (she thinks she can make things progress). She has been warning me though, that when I do go into labor it will be much faster this time around than last time, not to wait until I'm having contractions every 5 or 6 minutes to come in because by that time I may miss my opportunity for an epidural. 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I was never dilated of effaced prior to going into labour with either of the girls (DD1 came at 39w4d and DD2 came at 37w0d)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had my 38 week appt. last Thursday and was 2 cm dilated and 25% effaced.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Mine was last Thur. 1 Cm she didn't say a word about being effacement etc. She said my cervix was high. My boy isn't in the pelvis though. His head is slightly to the left. good times :)

Can't wait to see what this Thur 39 weeks brings. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nothing, I mean zero change. Still all closed up.
  • imageJollyWife:
    I declined internals until labor and will again this time because they don't tell you anything about when you'll actually go into labor.

Exactly this. They are pointless and can introduce bacteria into your vagina (i.e. group B strep). 

• I was 1.5 cm dilated and 60% effaced at my 37 week appt.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"