Baby Names

last minute name help!

Sorrycan't poll from my phone! Baby girl will be born Friday dh I can't agree on her middle name. Choices are Avery Anna or Avery Lynn. He wants Lynn because its my middle ds has his but I have always despised my name long story really don't know if I can disconnect my old feelings about myself. I like Anna for a couple reasons. My sister deceased, MIL, SIL share mn Ann, plus I just like the way it sounds. I'm sorry for over explaining or making a big deal out of nothing, I just want to have a decision made so we can move on already. Discussed this for months! Thanks for reading my hormonal ramble!
so...
Avery Lynn or
Avery Anna?
Which do you prefer?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: last minute name help!

• For some reason parentheses and other punctuation was eliminated from post, making it difficult to read...Sorry!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I see your point...Ann is a possibility too mow, thanks! Our last name starts with L btw, if it matters.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I prefer the flow of Avery Lynn, but YOU need to love the name you choose. If you have personal reasons to not use Lynn, then use Avery Anna.

• If you don't like your middle name, I don't know why you would use it. I say go for the other option. But why not just Ann, since that is the exact middle of those you would be honoring? I love the way Avery Ann sounds!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think Avery Lynn sounds much better, but you can't use it if you have a bad association with it. How about coming up with something different?

Avery Jane

Avery Lea

Avery Grace

Avery Camille

Avery Elizabeth

• I think if your last name starts with an L, Avery Anna or Avery Ann(e) would sound better. Plus, if you hate your MN Lynne, I wouldn't go with something you are going to possibly regret. Good luck and enjoy your new bundle!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Given the explanations I would totally go for Anna, I like the flow of it as well. 

• I think Avery Anna is too repetitive with the a.  It just flows funny.  I could go with Avery Ann or Avery Anne.

My two boys are getting a surprise May 2015!

BabyFruit Ticker

• If Lynn is your name and you don't like it, that is the end of that discussion.

So, Avery Anna or Avery Anne by default.

• That's tough, if you hate your name then I can clearly see why you don't want your daughter to carry it on and the family connection to Ann would otherwise win out for me but Avery Lynn looks and sounds so much better than Avery Ann.

Ugh screw it, I vote Avery Ann... you won't be seeing/saying her mn all that often and the family connection totally wins. Plus after (by accident) giving DD an alliterated name (Maya Marie), I have a weak spot for them lol

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I like Avery Ann.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
    #1 BFP 2/24/11 EDD 10/29/11 Born 11/1/11
    (via emergency c-section due to prolapsed cord; dx with sensorineural hearing loss Feb 2012)
    #2 BFP 9/13/12 EDD 5/20/13 Natural M/C 10/3/12
    #3 BFP 11/13/12 EDD 7/27/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I live Avery Ann too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"