February 2013 Moms
Options

Breast pump

Please recommend your breast pump.  I just bought a manuel while seeing if things would work out this time, which they seem to be, so I guess I better buy an electric pump since I go back to work in a few weeks.   

Re: Breast pump

• Options
    I have the Medela PISA and love it. I got a Hygeia EnRicheQ through my insurance but I haven't been able to use it properly as I need a smaller breast shield than the 27s it came with. It seems like a nice pump though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I bought the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra on Breast Pumps Direct...its pretty good, easy to clean, the 1st day I had it the motor broke and I called Ameda up and they sent me a new one, so far it works but its only been a day since I got the new motor! The CS was very good at Ameda...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have the Medela PISA.  I bought mine a little over five years ago and have used it with three babies - it's still working like a charm.

What I like about the Medela is that it fits a lot of different types of bottles directly onto the machine.  I use Gerber glass bottles and I can pump directly into them.

• Options
    I also have a Medela PISA pump as well and I love it!  
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• Options
    I know I have posted this a few times.  I have used Medela, Ameda and Hygeia, and after all is said and done I highly suggest Hygeia.  The warranty is 3yrs instead of one like the other two, every pump comes with a one year membership to Le Leche League, they are WHO compliant (world health organization), they offer support for pumping and breastfeeding, and they are a closed system pump with an extra filter so it is a multi-user, because it is multi user the goal is "no pumps in dumps"  meaning you can donate, sell, give away or even send your pump back to the company when you are done so its not just ending in a landfill.  After Hygeia I suggest Ameda, it is also a closed system. Medela pumps have an open system, leaving the parts open for pathogens and mold. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"