February 2013 Moms

Should I ask for a Dr.'s Note or am I being a baby?

I am still working, at least until next week and I am.  But lately it has been getting terrible.  The pressure on my pelvis from standing all afternoon and sitting at my desk is so uncomfortable that I am almost in tears by the afternoon.  Not to mention I am exhausted from not sleeping at all during the night.  I was thinking about working a 6-7 hour day instead of the usual 9 hour day, but Iwould need a note to do that (even though I am using my own earned sick time and I could have started my maternity leave 5 weeks ago under our FMLA guidelines...)  Do you think I should ask for one or do I sound like a big baby?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: Should I ask for a Dr.'s Note or am I being a baby?

• You are still working? You are nuts girl! Get out of there and try to get some rest before that baby comes! 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You don't sound like a baby to me, I started maternity leave 4 weeks before due date. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRosebean:
    You are still working? You are nuts girl! Get out of there and try to get some rest before that baby comes! 

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm at work today because I like the distraction, but I also have a desk job and can come and go as I please if things get uncomfortable.  If I had to be on my feet I couldn't do it.

• Get a doctors note. You're already a hero for working this long. And you're not a big baby, you're CARRYING one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • You are on your feet all day?? I would go on leave. I have a desk job at home so I can't imagine working 9 hours on my feet. I had to give a presentation for 45 mins and thought I was going ot passout.
  • Girl, the fact that you are still working at all is amazing to me.  At the very least, take your work day down to half.  Get that doctor's note!!!

• I started mine at 39w1d due to pelvic and sciatic nerve pain.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"