January 2013 Moms

GTKY Kids

How many do you have?

How many do you want?

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have?

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? 

Re: GTKY Kids

• We have 2 daughters, 16 months and 7 weeks.

We want 3 children.

Having a newborn and a toddler has definitely caused me to reevaluate the age gap. We're probably going to wait until our oldest is getting ready for kindergarten.
  • Just have the one, and thats all I've ever wanted. Having such a rough time with DD only further confirms 'one and done' for me. I wouldn't take anything for her, but I do not want to do this again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • just one

originally wanted 2... but not so sure...
    i always wanted 4 yrs apart but we'll have to reevaluate....i think i'm ok with one and done
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• This is my first.

As many as God gives us.

Having a newborn hasn't changed my thinking on family size, but having infertility has. I always thought I'd have 2 kids by 35 and be done. I'll be 35 next month and still have 4 snow babies to hopefully bring home. So I may only have one child to raise on this earth or I may be a mom of many. Only time will tell. Insert mobile smiley.
  • How many do you have? 1 son

How many do you want? We're on the fence, but I think 2 kids

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? Nope! If anything, I'm more excited than I was initially about having a second. My son is so precious and I'd love to have another and give him a sibling.

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? I think that the only reason we'd consider not having a second is if the stress of IF is too much or precludes us from having a second.

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • How many do you have?

So far, just Eilley.

How many do you want?

An even number, so 2 or 4.

Reality sets in, and I think we will just go for two. IF treatments were really hard and I don't know if I could do that 3 more times. It's not about the newborn period; I am loving this time even though its very stressful.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagethis decaf life:
    How many do you have?How many do you want?Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have?If this is one amp; done for you how did you decide?nbsp;

This is our first. Prior to getting pregnant I wanted 2 or 3, but pregnancy was extremely hard on me and my labor was difficult with residual effects on my body so I would love to be done. I think my husband wants more. I am hoping he will decide it's not worth the risks. I would also say that I have a relatively good easy baby, and I doubt I'd get that lucky again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How many do you have?

DD is our first 

How many do you want?

I always thought I wanted 2, and I still am having mixed feelings. One day I can't imagine not having  1 more and the next I think I'm good with being one & done. DH definitely says he wants to be done. 

I'm more open to only having 1, she's not really all that difficult & my pregnancy wasn't hard but I like the idea of not doing this again... sometimes!

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? 

The biggest thing is how much we travel. On one hand it's so much easier to get around with one kid but then she'll never have any one constant kid playmate in her life and that picture sort of makes me sad.

• I have 2 sons 16 months and 7 weeks.

Not sure how many kids we want.  We are done getting pregnant but we want to adopt.  We have said we want  to adopt the kids considered "unadoptable" because of age or family size.  DH and I both agree we would never split up siblings.

If my difficult DS1 didn't change my mind, I don't think anything can. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How many do you have? 2, a 2yr old boy and this little girl

How many do you want? 2, so this is our last baby

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? No. We always said 2 kids around 2 years apart, so we're done. Having a baby and a toddler is no piece of cake, but I'm convinced that 2 years is a great age gap for sibilings so we just suck it up and go with the flow

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • imageEAMommy:
    This is my first.

As many as God gives us.

Having a newborn hasn't changed my thinking on family size, but having infertility has. I always thought I'd have 2 kids by 35 and be done. I'll be 35 next month and still have 4 snow babies to hopefully bring home. So I may only have one child to raise on this earth or I may be a mom of many. Only time will tell. Insert mobile smiley.

This exactly! I have 6 snowbabies waiting for us but what this experience has taught me is that I don't want to jump into trying for 2 right away like I thought. Having a NB is hard but so rewarding, I want to cherish her for at least a year and a half before trying again. We would like 2 or 3 kids.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • We have 3 children (newb, 5yo, 9yo) All boys

I've always wanted a big family. 5 or 6 kids

YES, definitely

• imagethis decaf life:
    How many do you have?

1 DS here in my arms and an angel son in heaven.

How many do you want?

As many as I am blessed with. I am hoping for a minimum of 3 and a maximum of who knows?

NOPE!!!

If this is one amp; done for you how did you decide?

definately not!!!!nbsp;

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• How many do you have? 1.

How many do you want? 2-3

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have?  Nope but IF did. We may be one and done if we have trouble again.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How many do you have? 2 boys. 2 1/2 and 5 weeks.

How many do you want? We are undecided about if we want a 3rd. 3 would be the most.

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? The newborn has sorta made me not want another just because waking every 2 hours at night is not fun. We will wait till the baby is about a year before making any decisions. To have a third we need both a bigger car and house. We wouldn't want them too far apart. 2 years is our preference.

• 2 boys SS is 8. DS is 7 weeks.

Possibly one more max

It's more of a money thing, when we feel we can afford it we will probably get the iud out. I'm ok with what we have though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • DD is our first.

We want 4.

I am loving the newborn stage so much that I'm already thinking of another baby to keep the snuggles coming.

• How many do you have?  this is our first

How many do you want? we wanted two

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? possibly, right now we say we are one and done...but that could change in the next year or so

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? DH and I are both 33, so if we want number two we will do it rather soon. Right now when we talk about it we are done and are content to enjoy our little man the rest of our lives. I always imagined having two, so they would have a sibling but if we just have one I'm not too worried as all of our friends have LO's around his age or slightly older so it's not like he won't have social interaction, plus he goes to daycare every weekday. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• How many do you have? One and a stepson

How many do you want? I wanted 8 but age and financial issues has changed it to 3 or 4 biological children

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? No, if anything I'm more excited to start again, but going to wait a year.

If this is one and done for you how did you decide? not done :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Just DD

We want 2

No we have not changed our minds on how many we want. We talk regularly about when to try for #2. Right now we may start TTC in late fall of this year. It will depend as I need to make sure I can work enough hours to get a year Mat Leave. DH is 36 and I am 30 so I don't want to wait too long.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• How many do you have? Just Emme for now

How many do you want? 2 has always been our thought

Nope, although I think DH wants to move up our timeline for a second to get the newborn phases overwith. He would also like the siblings to be close in age. I'm cool with that, but when he starts into the "let's start trying in October" chat I sort of dance away with the baby, hahaha

Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How many do you have? This is our first.

How many do you want? 2 or 3. If our next is a boy we'd probably try for a girl way down the road. We are pretty young [I'm 23 and SO is 26] so who knows. My mom had her kids in her 30s so I'm open to having a third in ten years. Mostly depends on financial situation.

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? No, but initially the recovery from a c section was enough to scare me away from another. 6 weeks out, in feeling better and would have another knowing a section was a possibility.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • How many do you have?  2

How many do you want?  We're open to at least 1 more, but we've always had a rule to take it one kid at a time and then go from there.  We don't have a set number in our minds.  We knew we definitely wanted at least one when we started, likely 2.

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have?  No, because we've always taken it one baby at a time.  Now having an older toddler has made me seriously consider whether we wanted to go through all that again!  Oy!  I already talked to DD to see if she's going to eventually turn into a toddler and she has assured me she'll stay a baby forever Wink

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We have one.

We had always said 2, possibly 3 depending on if we have 2 of the same sex.

DH is struggling a lot with the NB stage. I am doing ok but it is hard on me too. I've been really worried, almost to the point of anxiety sometimes. DH is starting to lean towards one and done. I want to reevaluate later when our emotions aren't clouded. Our kids would be spaced 4-5 years apart if we do have another. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • We have two boys, one is 2 years and the other is 4 weeks.

I've always wanted 4, but DH had only wanted 2.  He is now totally on board for a 3rd and we'll see where things go from there!

Nope!  Having a newborn hasn't changed our minds at all!

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• How many do you have?
    We have 2 girls.  DD1 is 27 months and DD2 is 7 weeks.

How many do you want?
    We originally talked about 2-4 kids.  DH really wants a boy.  We may or may not try for #3.  We haven't decided yet.  Our house doesn't have the space for 3 kids, so that is another thing for us to consider.

It hasn't changed it, but it does make me think about the spacing.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • How many do you have? 1

How many do you want? If you ask me, I'm done. (But want to adopt eventually) If you ask DH, he wants two kids. (And then adopt more eventually)

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? No.

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? Easy decision for me. I had moderately severe HG, and I don't think I could do it again. Too much sickness and hospital bills... I will never be the same after going through that hell.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • imagethis decaf life:

How many do you have? 2

How many do you want? 2 and through lol

Has having a newborn changed the number of kids you want to have? I always wanted 2!

If this is one & done for you how did you decide? It took me two years to get ready to try for my second, but we knew we weren't a complete family yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 2 kids. A 3 year old & my 2 month old. 

I want 3.

No, no change in my mind about the number. Well, if anything I wouldn't mind 4 kids - but getting a 3rd from my husband is going to be hard enough! With my first I did realized I wanted to wait longer to have a 2nd then I thought I would. But this time around I wouldn't care if I got pregnant tomorrow, it really is that much easier to me.  

• 1 DD - 8 weeks today

I've always said 1 and done, but now I want 1 more if I can.

It's made me want 1 more even though I'm pretty sure I won't have another baby as good as her.

It may be my only depending on what the doctors come up with.  I had a postpartum stroke 5 days after she was born (minor thank god).  They can't make an guarantees that it won't happen again as it is very rare, but I will be able to meet with them and come with a plan if I choose to have another.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have 1, undecided on how many I want. We never really discussed a solid number, I think we'll just go until we know it's right.  We'll definitely have a second at least.

having a newborn is one of the hardest things I've ever done but it hasn't changed my desire for more kids at all. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"