March 2013 Moms
Options

babies, beaches, and sunscreen, oh my!

I have heard mixed reviews... Some say not to put sunscreen on an infant while others I've heard say it's fine.  We have a beach trip planned for the end of May (LO will be almost 3 months old).  So the question is to sunscreen or not to sunscreen?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: babies, beaches, and sunscreen, oh my!

• Options
    I've heard you shouldn't use it before three months! Yesterday we were looking at baby sunscreen at BRU and it said 3+ months on it.  But I was wondering the same thing and I am also curious to hear others answers. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You are supposed to keep them out of the sun under 6 months but if you cannot, use a sunscreen. The California Baby one is the best. Broad spectrum and non-chemical. HTH.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I thought I remember hearing 6 months when DS1 was born.

Here is a guide that helped me through Sunblock vs Sunscreen

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/1/51107492/ShowThread.aspx

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I am pretty sure you are not supposed to use sunscreen before 6 months...you should just keep them out of the sun.  Use an umbrella at the beach and keep your LO in light clothes.
  • Options
    I got a long sleeved swimsuit with SPF built in. Used a big hat, and kept my first child under the umbrella.
  • Options
    I was told 6 months. Even with sun screen I wouldn't want LO in the sun though.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I was told that they cannot use sunscreen until they are over 3mo.  Obviously, they should be kept in the shade as much as possible but if you are on vacation and hanging by the pool or on the beach then sunscreen and the shade would be smart.  I would check with your pediatrician before doing anything. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    My pediatrician said no sunscreen for 6 months with DD1.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    I was told 6 months. Even with sun screen I wouldn't want LO in the sun though.

This!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagebaby oh baby:
    You are supposed to keep them out of the sun under 6 months but if you cannot, use a sunscreen. The California Baby one is the best. Broad spectrum and nonchemical. HTH.

This. Get a beach tent. The wind on the ocean can be hard on their skin... From a mom of almost three who lives at the beach!
    Mommy to Seth (4) and Catherine Anne (13 mo.) Excited to welcome a third child in March of 2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"