3rd Trimester

Braxton Hicks vs the "real thing"

I was worried I wouldn't be able to tell the difference, but they are like night and day! Braxton Hicks just feels like a tightening or slight pulling (to me anyway), but the real thing is way more intense.  It feels like a combination of menstral cramps and like I ate something really bad.  Also, my back hurts.  They are getting to be about 20 minutes apart and have been getting closer together since Friday night.  Maybe LO will be here soon!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Braxton Hicks vs the "real thing"

• I was wondering too what the difference would feel like.  Sounds kinda painful :)  But hopefully your baby will be here soon! GL
    BabyFruit TickerBabyFetus TickerIAmPregnant Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, there's really no mistaking the two. Braxton Hicks can be intense but they're nothing like the real thing. Real contrax start slowly and are uncomfortable at first....and then you want to claw your eyes out, pull out your hair, and just die right there on the floor.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevirginiagirl11:
    Yeah, there's really no mistaking the two. Braxton Hicks can be intense but they're nothing like the real thing. Real contrax start slowly and are uncomfortable at first....and then you want to claw your eyes out, pull out your hair, and just die right there on the floor.

I totally agree with this.  I am on bed rest for pre-term contractions and there are days where they are endless (recently every 5 minutes for 36 hours straight).  It gets so bad I eventually tell my husband to `get this kid out of me now, I am done`.  Then instant regret.  I am on bedrest doing everything to keep her in there a few weeks longer but man is it draining!!!

Once you've felt both there is no confusing them!

• imagevirginiagirl11:
    Yeah, there's really no mistaking the two. Braxton Hicks can be intense but they're nothing like the real thing. Real contrax start slowly and are uncomfortable at first....and then you want to claw your eyes out, pull out your hair, and just die right there on the floor.

Oh yay I can't wait! haha.

OP, Good luck!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It seems like most people can tell the difference pretty easily. For me, the only way I knew it was the "real thing" was because they were consistent and getting closer together. They didn't hurt at all- when I walked, I couldn't even tell when I was having them. In the car on the way to the hospital (they were 3-5 minutes apart during the car ride), I had a couple that were pretty uncomfortable, but most still just felt like normal BH. I was 6 cm dilated when I got to the hospital so they were obviously doing something. 
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• imagevirginiagirl11:

Sounds FUN.  Cant wait.  I was hocked up to a Non stress test 2day.  And they were like yeah while you where here you had 2 contraxings.  I was like REALLY.  WOW maybe delievery and giving birth wont be as bad as i thought. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"