3rd Trimester

stretch marks

well, I did a stupid thing and decided to look in the mirror.. naked...at my body and low & behold I find stretch marks on the back of both thighs and down my left leg. It looks like I've been mauled by a cat! WTF!?!? were the stretch marks on my boobs not enough?!? and oddly enough, the leg with the marks is the same leg that cramps a lot and hurts the most (knee pain) - related???

I'm not one to wear short shorts, but tell me these will go away by the summer?!? I feel so ugly now. 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: stretch marks

• Maderma works wonders! They don't go away if they're truly stretch marks, but it makes them much less noticeable.  I wonder if you're experiencing some sort of rash or infection, though, with the associated knee pain?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageresilient61:
    Maderma works wonders! They don't go away if they're truly stretch marks, but it makes them much less noticeable.  I wonder if you're experiencing some sort of rash or infection, though, with the associated knee pain?

they look like squiggly lines like stretch marks do :( it's seriously so disheartening. I've got 6-7 more weeks to go and I'm retaining a lot of water, my feet are swollen, my rings dont fit, even my watch is tight. grrrrr.. im soo done with this! 

TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • imageRussianMommy:

they look like squiggly lines like stretch marks do :( it's seriously so disheartening. I've got 6-7 more weeks to go and I'm retaining a lot of water, my feet are swollen, my rings dont fit, even my watch is tight. grrrrr.. im soo done with this! 

We are so in the same boat! My legs and feet are huge, watch is tight, and I saw myself nekkid in a full length mirror for the first time in weeks! I saw stretch marks on my lower belly and the intent around my belly button were my muscles are separating:-( It's very shallow of me, but wow, did it put a damper on my day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • This happened to me my 1st pg. I have to say I am very prone to stretch marks, and I have them on my breasts, sides, stomach, and legs. The good news is, the ones on the legs were the fastest to heal and fade. They are still there, but fade to the color of my skin, so I cannot even see them in the mirror.

My DD was born in June, and I live in a cool climate, so I did not wear shorts. I believe we took her to the beach in September, and I was not concerned with wearing shorts. SMs post-pregnancy seem to fade really fast, but that could be b/c you lose so much weight within 2 weeks of giving birth. I lost over 30 lb, and the redness of the SMs on my stomach went away almost instantly. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ended up with lots of stretch marks on my boobs last time and they faded so much that I can barely see them anymore. I also got some on my upper thighs as well and they also faded a lot. I have a few on my lower back this time
    that I am sure will fade as well. I didn't do anything special to treat them so you might get lucky.

image image
  • I haven't gotten them yet, I've been rubbing Clarins oil all over twice a day!  I'm almost done with this bottle so I'm hoping this little one comes before I have to buy another one!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try Palmer's Cocoa Butter, I use it everyday, I didn't get stretch marks with my first one and I am 38 weeks pregnant with my 2nd one and haven't got them with this one either so far.

• imageZippydoo:

Try Palmer's Cocoa Butter, I use it everyday, I didn't get stretch marks with my first one and I am 38 weeks pregnant with my 2nd one and haven't got them with this one either so far.

idk I think its true that you either get them or you don't because I have religously used palmers AND bio oil twice a day this whole pregnancy, and STILL got stretch marks :( I've gained a total of 33 LBS which is not a crazyyyy amount of weight....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageZippydoo:

Try Palmer's Cocoa Butter, I use it everyday, I didn't get stretch marks with my first one and I am 38 weeks pregnant with my 2nd one and haven't got them with this one either so far.

All of this is true for me also, except that I'm only 32 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"