Baby Names

Let's hear it, ladies!

We're having a boy. Our daughter's name is Margaret and goes by Margo.

Here's our list so far:

Asher

Evan

Rowan

Sebastian

Elliott

Thomas

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Let's hear it, ladies!

• I like Elliot.

Eli and Margo sound like a cute sibset.
  • The only ones that I think 'go' with Margaret/Margo are Sebastian and Thomas. Those are all classic names to me while Asher, Evan, Rowan, and Elliott all fall into a 'modern' category for me. Not trendy or popular per se, just not the same style as Margaret/Margo. 

• Loading the player...
  • Elliot is adorable! I love it!

• That's so interesting you say that- Asher is a Biblical name and is very old! It does sound more modern though when you really think about it.

Thanks for the input ladies!

• Sebastian is my favorite!

All of the names are nice though. Can't go wrong here. 

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Love: March 2010  Marriage: July 2013  Debt Free: October 2014  TTC: April 2015
     BFP: April 10, 2016 EDD: December 19, 2016 Team Blue!
    Oscar born November 20, 2016 at 35w6d

• Oooo, they're all good! I seriously like them all... but if I had to rate them, from best to worst (not that there is a worst):

Thomas

Asher

Elliot

Rowan

Evan

Sebastian

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• imageLeapOfFaith10:

That's so interesting you say that- Asher is a Biblical name and is very old! It does sound more modern though when you really think about it.

Thanks for the input ladies!

I know it's Biblical but, to me at least, Asher doesn't fit in that category with Elijah, Matthew, Abraham, Ezekiel, Soloman, etc.  

The more I think about it the more I'm not sure how I would 'categorize' it. It's not trendy, popular, super Biblical, or classic. It sounds weird but when I hear Asher I hear 2010-present baby.  

• Thomas is my favorite. i love thomas and margaret together. i do not like asher or rowan at all elliot, evan and sebastian are all ok
  • I like them all. A lot. I think Margaret and Thomas go well together, as well as Margaret and Asher. Rowan and Margaret is okay. Evan and Margaret is kind of boring to me. Sebastian and Margaret is decent.

• imageDancer0919:

The only ones that I think 'go' with Margaret/Margo are Sebastian and Thomas. Those are all classic names to me while Asher, Evan, Rowan, and Elliott all fall into a 'modern' category for me. Not trendy or popular per se, just not the same style as Margaret/Margo. 

Ditto.

• I love the name Elliott, but I think Thomas or Sebastian would make a better sib set with Margo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic "The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." -Richard Bach
  • Sebastian and Thomas are my faves.
  • Everyone's response mentions the name going good with Margo! They all are fine with it and I think it's silly to base your child's name on the siblings!

I like Asher, Rowan, and Evan..I dislike Elliot (reminds me of E.T. Or just a dorky name) Sebastian and Thomas have icky nns..Sebby and Tommy, 

• I like Sebastian and Elliot.

BFP #1 - 11/7/12 * M/C - 12/8/12 @ 7W6D
    BFP #2 - 3/2/13 * DS1 - BORN ON EDD - 11/13/13
    BFP #3 - 11/7/14 * DS2 - BORN ON EDD - 07/21/15 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I like Thomas and Sebastian the best, but you have a nice list in general.
  • Evan or Thomas.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Great list! I really like Sebastian/Seb, Elliott/Eli and Thomas/Tom with Margaret/Margo.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagefitzpemberley:
    I like Thomas and Sebastian the best, but you have a nice list in general.

This. I like Asher, but it seems to be gaining in popularity.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love Elliott and Asher with Margo!

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Rowan - it's on our boy list as well.
  • Evan is my fave.

• I love your list, except Asher, I am hearing it alot lately. But the other names are great. With your daughter's name I personally like Elliott
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"