February 2013 Moms

What to do for a baby's stuffy nose

Baby has a stuffy nose.  It whistles when she breathes and now she is periodically snoring (which is super sortable, but sad).  I tried the aspirator but nothing cme out.  Any suggestions?

Re: What to do for a baby's stuffy nose

• You can use saline then use the bulb syringe. They make some just for little ones we always use the little remedies brand
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told that its normal for them to be a little congested for a few weeks. DS still sounds a little congested and snorts but it's not at the point where I feel like I need to do anything because he can still breathe while nursing.
  • imageMoira711:
    Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!

Best aspirator ever! 

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• imageVespah:

imageMoira711:
    Though I haven't had my baby yet, all of my friends SWEAR by the Nose Frieda. Its a bit of an odd devise, but everyone I've known to use it is a convert. They say it works 100 times better than the traditional aspirator. Plus you can actually see what you are getting out!

Best aspirator ever! 

this. I ordered one, and have had it now for 24h and it's amazing. I'm so glad to be rid of those germ-harboring blue bulbs, too.

I also got a bottle of baby saline spray. That seems to help loosen stuff up!

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • Our gal has a stuffy nose, which she caught from our toddler. We've been using the Nosefrida mentioned above, along with Little Noses saline spray, a humidifier in our room next to our bed & where she sleeps elevated in the Rock N Play. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"